Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    he's 27 and pace is his best attribute, what is this full potential
    88 on fifa 10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    I'd keep Giroud. He's a very good striker when on form and as his critics say a flat track bully (even if I think this is bs). He'd be one of the best 2nd choice strikers in the league. I'd loan Ox to a midtable team next season (Man United or Liverpool?) but keep him on the books as I still think it's way too soon to bin him. Walcott s tough, he's been **** this season but I think he'd excel in any of our rivals teams. I almost want to keep him just so no one else can get his full potential.
    Sad thing is we desperately need a RW, but I can't see us signing one with so many average wingers; Iwobi, Ox, Walcott, Campbell, Welbeck, Gnabry. We need a clear out up top and quickly, even if it is just loaning
    Mentioned ages ago we'd need a clear out and you said we had plenty of attacking options
    Iwobi doesn't count. He shouldn't be any higher than 3rd choice. Gnabry is not getting anywhere in this team and needs to be loaned out or sold. I'm not sure why Campbell isn't starting though, because he's been solid this season and has provided enough reasons to start, more than Alexis at least. Need a new striker (as always) and let Giroud be 2nd choice. Walcott can be an option on the wings if need be. Need a Cazorla replacement urgently as well though, because there's not much hope that he'll return next season and remain at his level pre injury.

Beyond the point where we can just sit tight and hope that a world class striker becomes available though. We need to take a risk with a prospect and hope they develop. Really should have taken the gamble with Morata or Dybala etc.

(Original post by swirly)
    would give chambo to west ham/ leicester.

If he cant do it there, he never will.

imagine him, vardy and mahrez breaking on the counter :coma:
    lol. Ox would single handedly ruin Leicester for this exact reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    thoughts on arteta?
    side.man.

lovely hair tho coz i'm already going bald at 21.

ReputationRep:
    basiji man :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    he's 27 and pace is his best attribute, what is this full potential
    I have no doubt he'd 420 blaze it at Liverpool. Ox too for that matter.

ReputationRep:
    Ox and Walcott are mid table standard these days. Around the level of Andros Townsend.

ReputationRep:
    Guess what, our supporters' money has just been spent on a football camp in Syria (or was it Iraq). Will be blown up imminently by rebels or Daesh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Guess what, our supporters' money has just been spent on a football camp in Syria (or was it Iraq). Will be blown up imminently by rebels or Daesh
    Nah terrorists love Arsenal. Bin laden was a fan iirc

ReputationRep:
    There are some good young upcoming Syrian/Iraq players like Mahmoud Dahoud & Ali Adnan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    I think you're actually talking about Arsenal's money, part of which was given by supporters in exchange for goods. This is how money works. Same reason tax isn't 'my money', it's the governments. If you disagree, feel free to stop 'donating' your tax and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    Giroud's problem is that he isn't the answer. He's a more than serviceable backup. Selling him is ****ing stupid borderline insane. But having him as your no1/ main striker is beyond logic. And plebs like Welbeck and Walcott don't count.

Wenger's set him up to fail with his lack of squad management.

ReputationRep:
    Wish we'd drew against Leicester now. ****ing sold out souls for that goal.

ReputationRep:
    We're one good striker away from being a very very good team tbh.

If we put away our chances early then:-

- We wouldn't have teams sitting behind the ball all game and then counter late on and win

- Cech probably wouldn't be injured right now (we hit the post like three times in that game & missed an open goal.. so Cech had to eventually go up for the corner and got injured running back)

- Goal difference would not be an issue

- Giroud would be class coming on, changing the style of play, rolling about and **** to waste time

- Would compliment Ozil & Sanchez massively

Said this for ages - Giroud is the perfect plan B striker.. we've not had a plan A since RVPrick

We need a striker that can score a massive goal with just about the only chance of the game. Our strikers need about 8 clear cut chances to put one away.

Quite shocking that Welbeck has been our most prolific striker over the past few games ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevva888)
    Ox and Walcott are mid table standard these days. Around the level of Andros Townsend.
    Both should be sold

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its definitely time to move Walcott on. 10 years at Arsenal and he's achieved **** all. He's had a good season here and there but overall, he's far too inconsistent and has barely shown any progression.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    We're one good striker away from being a very very good team tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This has been the case since RVP left. And even when he was around we were always a CDM/centre back/goalkeeper short. The fact is that we are one very good manager away from being a very good team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    x
    Name tangible options who would fulfill your criteria.

Lukaku?
    Ibra?
    Lacazette?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    This has been the case since RVP left. And even when he was around we were always a CDM/centre back/goalkeeper short. The fact is that we are one very good manager away from being a very good team.
    Reckon before we were a striker away from being a just a good team, now.. a very good team.

As good as Coq is he can still be a weak link - he loses his discipline and ****s it for us.. (E.g, scums away).

We have a really good team otherwise - of course confidence will go down if we're not scoring.

We should seriously slap £60m on Lewandowski. When they say no be like cool, £70m. I'd even go up to £75 ffs. Literally the only signing we need

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For what it is worth Icardi probably would be a great signing for you lot.
    Or Borja Baston from Atlético Madrid. Playing for Eibar on loan and has got 17 goals in la liga. Although this is his first proper season in the top flight and he's 23(although he always was touted as having a lot of potential for Atlético)

Luciano Vietto's been surprisingly poor for Atlético in terms of goal output but he's also a potential solution if Atlético are willing to sell in the summer. Was amazing at Villarreal though so it might just be a system issue.

There are striker's available regardless.

ReputationRep:
    What striker can Arsenal buy it's easy to say we need one but that doesn't mean we are getting one

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.