Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Can't believe how many brexiters genuinely believed the pencil MI5 story.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Considering I've observed election vote counts before, I find it hilarious that there are people who think there is any opportunity for their vote to be rubbed out and changed.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Umm youd be surprised at the number of remain voters believing it. You're too partisan for your own good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    My mate living there managed just fine, for freedom!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I managed to vote fine, even stayed out in it for about fifteen minutes, admittedly semi-protected from the rain for most of it under those things some shops have, the little outcrops. Was the worse rain I've experienced, including festival weather.

Also heard stories, although slightly unrelated, of people at waterloo and other London stations stuck unable to vote due to train tracks flooding
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't understand if they think people will be there furiously rubbing pencil marks off why they wouldn't just bin the ballots and replace them with remain ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    Umm youd be surprised at the number of remain voters believing it. You're too partisan for your own good

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Only seen Brexiters claiming it because apparently MI5 will change their vote.

That's on top of the 28% of Brexiters who think the vote is rigged.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've not seen a single remain voter mention it who wasn't joking about it. Not saying there aren't many who are believing it but the overwhelming view seems to be both on social media and in the media that it is a brexit thing with the remain camp having a laugh about it
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    I managed to vote fine, even stayed out in it for about fifteen minutes, admittedly semi-protected from the rain for most of it under those things some shops have, the little outcrops. Was the worse rain I've experienced, including festival weather.

Also heard stories, although slightly unrelated, of people at waterloo and other London stations stuck unable to vote due to train tracks flooding
    Massive massive travel problems in London. 8 underground lines have problems, major stations also have problems due to flooding, as well as for my London station didn't have flood problems, but had signal problems severely reducing trains leaving, now having many trains delayed till 2300.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Massive massive travel problems in London. 8 underground lines have problems, major stations also have problems due to flooding, as well as for my London station didn't have flood problems, but had signal problems severely reducing trains leaving, now having many trains delayed till 2300.
    Thats 284 years from now!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sigh........... Ok...........
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    You should've voted to abandon London then
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Given Powys is apparently a key marginal local authority (I thought it was more firmly remain according to the pollsters, but my local inkling was always that it would be more leave-ish) I should inform you that the weather's been beautiful here today. I haven't even needed to put on a jumper.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Aph)
    You should've voted to abandon London then
    Or not...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Sigh........... Ok...........
    This country has gone to the dogs!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    This country has gone to the dogs!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes. I really don't know how I'm going to get home next tome
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Or not...
    We wouldn't be having this issue now if you had.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Aph)
    We wouldn't be having this issue now if you had.
    We'd be having the problem of still having to get back from London...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Only seen Brexiters claiming it because apparently MI5 will change their vote.

That's on top of the 28% of Brexiters who think the vote is rigged.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So now you believe we're leaving with not a single vote to remain? Oh, no, you're being partisan again and assuming.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    We'd be having the problem of still having to get back from London...
    Don't see how? I mean IRL yeah sure...

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh dear, someone who has never used trains or other public transport so is unaware of the 24 hour clock. Probably still measures things in feet and inches, weight in pounds and the price of things in groats and guineas.

ReputationRep:
    Nintendo: Makes fungus and watergate jokes in paper mario

Gamergate woman: says it is about her and her suffering even when people point out it is clearly a watergate joke

I know the referendum has seen some roll eye moments, but this odd piece of news really made me stop and go wtf

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.