Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Sorry D: I was trying to remember!
    Ain't all that bad, I'm still a newbie and all
    But I'm so hyped for this season... can't wait for Preseason and Hard Knocks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProgFeanor)
    Ain't all that bad, I'm still a newbie and all
    But I'm so hyped for this season... can't wait for Preseason and Hard Knocks
    Same I'm ****ing pumped for this season. Dunno what I'm gonna do when the NBA finals end.

No sport what so ever

ReputationRep:
    Wonder what the Patriots are thinking with Deaderick and Love though maybe a return for Richard Seymour? :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    Doesn't matter. You were brought up there, if you have an accent that's a plus and is certain to give the coaches a boner.
    I'm not really a big fan of giving grown men erections but it's good to know Cheers man.

ReputationRep:
    It actually kind of depends on which team you join. If you join a terrible team you might get in just on your Americanness, if you join a good team you definitely won't, if you join a middle of the road team then it depends how good you are, whether you're a prick or not, how badly they need a QB etc.. At Outlaws we had a Canadian guy who backed up our English guy cos he wasn't as good, then a guy who played in the Italian and Swedish senior league (not top flight tho I don't think) also backed up that same English guy. Then at Jets just this year our third string QB went to HS in America or something. But you can start for Worcester or Leicester or someone with just an accent and nothing to back it up. Not that you'd want to.

ReputationRep:
    Outlaws, lol! Still to beat us at Varsity!

So uni guys, what's your plans for summer? To play senior ball or to train and get better?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me a link to the uni league rules and if possible also the senior league rules? I just wanna check them out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrankB3)
    Can anyone give me a link to the uni league rules and if possible also the senior league rules? I just wanna check them out.
    Same rulebook with a few subtle differences like quarter length (only 12 mins at uni) and overtime (no overtime in senior league). Otherwise it's basically just the NCAA rulebook.

ReputationRep:
    110 days till Kickoff 2013.

September is so far away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Killalot)
    110 days till Kickoff 2013.

September is so far away!
    Yes it is... I find myself just refreshing NFL news sites :bored:

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is... I find myself just refreshing NFL news sites :bored:
    NFL, ESPN, Bleacher Report and BaltimoreRavens.com.

I pretty much just find myself refreshing these pages just waiting for a new story to emerge!

ReputationRep:

I pretty much just find myself refreshing these pages just waiting for a new story to emerge!
    Yup same haha! except mine is Patsfans.com :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Gronkowski could require back surgery... Yikes.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.khou.com/community/JJ-Wat...207814231.html

Aww nice story from. Well done Watt

ReputationRep:

I actually think most of the stuff on Bleacher Report is incredibly useless, and most articles have a really, really low standard. If I see one more slideshow about the steals of the draft, or busts, or stock report for every team, or whatever, I'm gonna flip ****.
    I like SB Nation better.

ReputationRep:
    Bruce Irwin of the Seahawks suspended 4 games for banned substance.

ReputationRep:
    Bruce Irwin of the Seahawks suspended 4 games for banned substance.
    Then he tweeted this.

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368868078.483297.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  77.2 KB

Looks like an apology on the surface. But for about half of it he's having a go at his 'fake' fans who have "Shown their true colours" by making "negative comments". Sorry Brucey, but it's not like you've had adversity thrust upon you. You knew what you were doing. Idiot.

----

Tom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tbag1)
    Then he tweeted this.

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368868078.483297.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  77.2 KB

Looks like an apology on the surface. But for about half of it he's having a go at his 'fake' fans who have "Shown their true colours" by making "negative comments". Sorry Brucey, but it's not like you've had adversity thrust upon you. You knew what you were doing. Idiot.

----

Tom

SeAdderall Seahawks :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to see Jamie Collins and how the Patriots utilize him. Have him jump using lineman for fieldgoals...

Crazy athleticism.

Name:  1221S12_Collins.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  52.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProgFeanor)
    I actually think most of the stuff on Bleacher Report is incredibly useless, and most articles have a really, really low standard. If I see one more slideshow about the steals of the draft, or busts, or stock report for every team, or whatever, I'm gonna flip ****.
    I like SB Nation better.
    Yes Bleacher is a whole load of crap, and I cannot stand Matt Miller at all.

That doesn't stop me reading it though, I'll settle for anything football related at the moment.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.