Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Didn't the Nou Camp boo Fabregas when he came off? Thought that was pretty sad.

With regards to the decision, it was stupid but no one would be talking about it had Bendtner taken that chance. No point in having a go at him though, everyone misses these from time to time. Villa and Messi squandered chances and these are two of the best finishers in the game. Arsenal just didn't perform.

What irked me most was the simulation from the Barca players. And then for Iniesta to get mad at Wilshere when he goes down genuinely - unbelievable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mini_lidi)
    The one thing that pissed me off the most was Fabregas!
    No passion tonight at all!!
    It looked like he was crying at half time when I saw his face at the beginning of the 2nd half. :dontknow:

He wasn't fully fit and I think that back pass affected him.

ReputationRep:
    Bendtner AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHH

Sorry I just had to let that out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Pretty terrible performance when we had the ball. Defended brilliantly. Better team won. Sending off did affect the match, we can't comment on the out come. Joke of a sending off though. Ref was pretty terrible for everyone. Bendy, shoot you tool

Almunia, Koscielny, Djourou, Wilshere and Nasri :hat2:
    Why do you say we I thought you were a bhoy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackthevillain)
    Why do you say we I thought you were a bhoy.
    I've always supported Arsenal as mah English team. Problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    I'm feeling slightly depressed, and pretty emotionless at the moment. I don't have the heart to argue, I just want to go to bed. :sigh:
    Same :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Complex Simplicity)
    That's not really fair, I concede that the midfielders could have had better possession, but the defensive work was admirable today. Kos was awesome again as was Djororou. Clichy has never played so well, ever. Our midfield were so focussed on helping the defence that they weren't composed enough on the ball. What's more, barca are one of the best at pressing opponents. Not many people consistently keep Nasri at bay.

I think we should be proud of our team. And there is no doubt that the ref's decision had a massive impact on the game, it basically invited a whole lot more pressure on our team and robbed us of a good outlet ball.

I am hopeful that the time will come a few seasons from now when this team has matured when we can play Barca on their level and perhaps beat them as being the better side. Hopeful.
    I know what you mean, maybe I was being too optimistic. I expected us to lose, yes, but not to play that badly :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    I've always supported Arsenal as mah English team. Problem?
    Lol Y. Let me guess trophies, you should really only have one club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Alves needs shooting and then there was another Barca player who performed about 20 rolls. ****ing disgraceful. Top class players but they're a bunch of utter *******s when it comes to, sometimes diving, and grossly exaggerating fouls.
    Do believe that was Villa after Kos' tackle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    :rofl:

More chances? More?

You had none even whilst Robin Van Glass Knees was on the pitch. The sending off had virtually no impact on the game. Thoroughly outclassed by a Barca team in 3rd gear missing their CB's.
    Wow. Did you even watch the game? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Complex Simplicity)
    That's not really fair, I concede that the midfielders could have had better possession, but the defensive work was admirable today. Kos was awesome again as was Djororou. Clichy has never played so well, ever. Our midfield were so focussed on helping the defence that they weren't composed enough on the ball. What's more, barca are one of the best at pressing opponents. Not many people consistently keep Nasri at bay.

I think we should be proud of our team. And there is no doubt that the ref's decision had a massive impact on the game, it basically invited a whole lot more pressure on our team and robbed us of a good outlet ball.

I am hopeful that the time will come a few seasons from now when this team has matured
    when we can play Barca on their level and perhaps beat them as being the better side. Hopeful.
    Arsenal have been saying this for years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    It looked like he was crying at half time when I saw his face at the beginning of the 2nd half. :dontknow:

He wasn't fully fit and I think that back pass affected him.
    Fair enough!!
    But Wilshere outclassed him massively...He never gave up and chased eveything!
    Fabregas needed to step up and lead the team!

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't got it all out yet. Maybe this picture will help express the anguish

ReputationRep:
    Messi. Magical Messi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackthevillain)
    Lol Y. Let me guess trophies, you should really only have one club.
    Yes, because Arsenal have won many trophies in their 11 years of my supporting them. Celtic have won trophies, if you'd ever follow the SPL. First English team I ever watched, followed them ever since.

Loads of people support Barca or Real as their second team for example, you might even be one. Supporting different teams from different countries is hardly an issue.

I can support who I like anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yet another absolutely disgraceful refereeing decision ruins a match. After the two massive decisions against us at the weekend that stripped us of two vital points, I'm really becoming disillusioned with football in general.

Being an Arsenal fan means putting up with a barrage of injuries week in, week out. Van Persie scores, but as a result is injured. Szczesny saves a shot, but has to go off. Every time something good happens, an injury pops up and just curbs all possible enthusiasm and momentum. This season, thankfully, hasn't been as bad as others in that regard, but it still makes it hard to get excited about any run of good form when you know that something as arbitrary as injuries can cancel out all the good work these players have done.

The disastrous officiating that only seems to be getting worse every week (and I'm talking across the board here, not just for Arsenal) is just another arbitrary factor that has nothing to do with footballing ability, skill, or talent, that can step in to nullify any of the former. And the worst thing is none of these officials will be reprimanded. Nothing will ever be done, and it's a joke.

As for the match, I'm proud that we were only at a 1 goal deficit after two legs against the best team in history, and managed to put 3 past them.

The main positive I'm taking from this is that there are no fresh injuries. (Until tomorrow morning when we hear that Van Persie and Fabregas weren't really fit at all and have picked up 'knocks' that will put them out for the rest of the season.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Yes, because Arsenal have won many trophies in their 10 years of my supporting them. Celtic have won trophies, if you'd ever follow the SPL. First English team I ever watched, followed them ever since.

Loads of people support Barca or Real as their second team for example, you might even be one. Supporting different teams from different countries is hardly an issue.

I can support who I like anyway.
    No. Just no.

ReputationRep:
    ref= absolute disgrace

ReputationRep:
    I think we should be thankful for our team because they gave it their all. Yes, the referee did get it wrong in the red card but they should also have been given a penalty in the first half when Messi got fouled by Diaby.(Inside the box and clear foul)

The overall conclusion from this match is that we were forced back and just defend, which is what Guardiola instructed to his players. Yes, we didn't have any shots on goal and very low possession of the ball but this is what happens when any teams goes to the Nou Camp. Also, I agree fabregas wasn't even near his best and simply didn't perform but this is mainly due to Barca's tactic. They Barca, pressured every player in our midfield and so our attacking threat was nullified but more importantly fabregas didn't have a decent pass in him. This could be because, in EPL hardly any team pressure like what barcelona do and so fabregas has the license to take his time and pick his perfect spot to pass. Therefore, he was very poor today and we can't blame him except for the 1st goal. Actually, if you have noticed fabregas does those back-heel outside the box in the EPL and gets away with it but against Barca he should have known you don't get away with those.

Key players who performed when needed were Almunia, Djourou, Koscienly and Nasri. If you have watched the match you will understand why. Also, Wilshere had a decent match but he could have easily got a card(s?) for his hot temper, which could have cost his team.
    After 70+mins everyone could see Arsenal players tiring and losing their focus, which is what lack of possession does to you. So thinking ahead, Wenger could be forced to make changed and field a team which didn't think he would have fielded before tonights match.

Update on Szczesny: Arsenal's 20 year-old goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny believes he has ruptured a tendon in his finger, an injury that would potentially keep the young Pole out of action for the remainder of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obins)
    No. Just no.
    :congrats:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.