Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    Aw you missed out! The specimen paper for Biology was helpful too! My Geography was gutted when I said I wasn't doubt it for A-Level but she can also go a bit crazy when she's mad! We should hopefully have decent results in Geography though.
    Everyone seemed to find the listening tough, there were just a few questions which were completely random (air conditioned keyboards?!). I learnt my writings off too, so I just hope the examiner thinks they're good!
    Maths is one of my favourite subjects too, I was really hoping for a high mark in the first paper so I went through it after and I think I got 98, which was a relief. One of the smartest fellas in our year never got the second one finished! There was only 2 or 3 questions which I found particularly tricky, though it's hard to remember exact answers!
    Haha for some reason I thought you'd be from Derry! I think I was in Dungiven over the summer there when we went for the day. I'm from Banbridge in Co.Down (you put us out of the All-Ireland ). Name's Eoin which is a bit of a challenge for English people when they see it!
    Yeah my geography teacher asked our class a few days before study leave how many of us were taking on geograpghy and the entire class put their hands up except me she just looked at me and said "meadhbh!" and i shouted " IM SORRY!" but luckily she laughed , then i asked some people in my class after if they were taking it on and some were like "oh hell no, i was just afraid she'd shout at me!"
    OMG yes that question about air conditioning in spanish, i was already severely depressed in that test and when that question came up I heard keyboard and computer so i wasnt exactly looking out for the words air conditioner, so i completely spaced and wrote "order things off the internet" ....did not link that one through. You came to Dungiven? Hahahaha, oh im so sorry you had to go through that, its not exactly an exciting place to be...ever. Lol! People in my school call it just a long road. I dont think I've ever been to Banbridge though, sorry Yeah do you ever remember harry hill making fun of eoghan quiggs name....that lasted a long time... but the same happens to me with english people, there was an english boy in my class 2 years ago and before he even asked me my name he saw it written on my notebook and was really confused and was like "Whats your name MEADHBH? (where he literally just spelled it out WRONG i may add, like a 5 year old)...and thats now my nickname at school (my name pronounced Completely wrong!) :confused:
    Ok its less than a day away now hows your nerves?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mascot of NI)
    I'm hopefully doing Biology, Chemistry, English Lit and Spanish. Which subjects are you doing? I thought that generally they went quite well but I guess I'll find out on Thirsday.
    Im taking on Biology, Chemitsry, Maths and Theatre Studies. yeah i thought they all went quite well but the few that i think didnt are really making the nerves worse well let me know what you get in your results yeah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sandra1)
    My coursework for science is actually bad (Cs) and my exams are (Bs)...Im scared for tomorrwo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No point worrying, may as well try and relax. I'm just keeping busy and I'm keeping my mind off it. At the end of the day, there's nothing I can do to make my results tomorrow any better, so there's no point worrying about them. Just plan for getting the results you want and have another plan ready for if you don't.

ReputationRep:
    Are the AQA English language results for January or June? Or have they been combined?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23765435#FBM276018

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whether to feel excited or nervous for tomorrow. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by english007)
    Are the AQA English language results for January or June? Or have they been combined?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha. June. January boundaries will be released tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Omg, omg, omg, AQA Geography A grade boundaries are SO high!

*faints*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly648)
    Most schools in Northern Ireland go back early, I think it's because we finish for summer earlier. That sounds pretty fun!! Yeah same here, the first week back to school is not an attractive look for me! Haha
    I dont wanna go back this is the serious SERIOUS year, where we're senior SENIORS! I don't like my senior SENIOR tie it makes me look much more mature than i actually am And more first years than ever are gonna ask me directions plus i have to be a mentor to one of them!.......RESPONSIBILITY!!!!!! !:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kill3er)
    Haha. June. January boundaries will be released tomorrow.
    ??? Why is it already realised on there website. .. is it the January or June exam grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, of I got 113/120 raw marks for drama controlled assessment , what do I need in the exam for A* overall ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ??? Why is it already realised on there website. .. is it the January or June exam grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile
    These are just June boundaries.

From AQA - "In November 2012, Ofqual announced that the grade boundaries for the January series will only be set after the June series. This means that UMS marks and grades will only be available after June and released on results day on 22 August 2013".

ReputationRep:
    Results day tommorow...hope i get the grades for sixform:confused:

ReputationRep:

From AQA - "In November 2012, Ofqual announced that the grade boundaries for the January series will only be set after the June series. This means that UMS marks and grades will only be available after June and released on results day on 22 August 2013".
    So what are they gonna release tomorrow. . Sorry am confused lol:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

oh okay so does that mean that the english language grade boundaries that AQA have released is for june series only?
    cuz for an A* its 58 and in january i got 63 so i guess i got happy for nothing

ReputationRep:
    CCEA gcse linear qualifications grade boundaries are up :'( well I've failed art and music sooo baadlyyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet_gyal97)
    oh okay so does that mean that the english language grade boundaries that AQA have released is for june series only?
    cuz for an A* its 58 and in january i got 63 so i guess i got happy for nothing
    Yes, that is correct. But i'm sure you'll still get an A*

So what are they gonna release tomorrow. . Sorry am confused lol:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tomorrow the grade boundaries will be released for the AQA English Language JANUARY sittings.

ReputationRep:
    Very nervous about tomorrow, I think I'll either do really well or really badly, there's no middle ground for me really. I didn't do as much revision as I should have done, I need five A*-Cs to do the courses I wanna do at college, I already have two of them, so three to go.

It's only really dawned on me this morning that I'll be getting these tomorrow, somehow over the last 2 months I've kept this day out of my head completely but it's now only 18 and a bit hours to go and it's all I can think about.

I pretty much tried my best so whatever I get is basically the best grades I could have got, roll on tomorrow and good luck to EVERYONE, it's gonna be a stressful morning leading up the the moment we open that envelope! Can't wait until the waiting is over and I find them out!

ReputationRep:

How did people get the boundaries ???

Ok.....so people only get the grade boundaries before hand...like we all have .... by altering the previous year Urls

they say that they wont be released until after results day since the link isnt on their website publically yet .....

they probably put it on their file store....and have an automatic update at 12 where the external link is clickable from their website

Ryan
    #

Edit : Bar AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)

How did people get the boundaries ???

Ok.....so people only get the grade boundaries before hand...like we all have .... by altering the previous year Urls

they say that they wont be released until after results day since the link isnt on their website publically yet .....

they probably put it on their file store....and have an automatic update at 12 where the external link is clickable from their website

Ryan
    no it is on there website :/ http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...ade-boundaries (no edited url there)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.