Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Macauley Ware)
    I know no Christian teenagers in my area - such a problem for me :/

That's a shame. Could you try and find some, perhaps in a local church.

ReputationRep:
    To be perfectly honest about it -

I am a new Christian, months into it - no one in my family is Christian and i've never been to church/worship anything - i don't even know what led me to be Christian (other than God). But i am becoming more devout and obedient each day, however as of yet i haven't gone to any youth groups etc, and I'm - to be perfectly honest - a little fearful of doing it all on my own, though I'm more open to the idea as time goes on because i see the importance of a God centred community.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

I am a new Christian, months into it - no one in my family is Christian and i've never been to church/worship anything - i don't even know what led me to be Christian (other than God). But i am becoming more devout and obedient each day, however as of yet i haven't gone to any youth groups etc, and I'm - to be perfectly honest - a little fearful of doing it all on my own, though I'm more open to the idea as time goes on because i see the importance of a God centred community.
    It's great that you have been making such wonderful progress in your journey all by yourself - well done! :yep:

It can be a bit nervewracking, joining youth groups, etc. without knowing anyone else. I guess the thing to remember is that people will be ready and willing to welcome you with open arms and help you along your way. It's just a matter of finding a group that you feel comfortable with, and whose theology/attitude/practice sits well with you It's OK to try things and to shop around - don't let anyone chain you down or try to indoctrinate you, etc. That goes for every denomination! :yes:

In the meantime, we are always here to answer questions, be your TSR buddy and to walk with you in your journey

ReputationRep:
    Matthew 13 v 13

This is why I speak to them in parables: ‘Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.’
    In them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled: ‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.…

ReputationRep:

I agree with TLG, you have done brilliantly in finding God. God says seek and you will find me, you are proof and I can tell you have a lovely spirit.

You are on the right track when you say you see the importance of a God centred community. It is essential to be built up and encouraged in your faith.

Can you let me know (or pm me) whereabouts you live and i'll do some research to find a church near you who could be the community you might like to get involved with.

God calls us to be part of a family.

1 Corinthians 12:27 Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.

God bless you
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Staying with my aunt and uncle in Preston. We went to their Assemblies of God service this morning! Managed the service ok - no voices or psychosis

Would appreciate prayers for me - I have an assessment on Weds for psychological therapy. Scared

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is it sinful to watch movies, tv shows, listen to music and read books the contain profanities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paranoid_Glitch)
    Is it sinful to watch movies, tv shows, listen to music and read books the contain profanities?
    This is a chat thread, questions like these are better off in the Ask about Christianity thread :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paranoid_Glitch)
    Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. - Philippians 4:8 might add some direction

if you feel bad when watching or feel like it's not right or you begin to pick up those bad habits that might be portrayed, then i believe it's best not to watch/read/listen etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hope everyone had a good weekend and a good few days so far!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by temi.h.o.)
    Hope everyone had a good weekend and a good few days so far!

Yes thanks,. Just got back from a church camp where 7,000 were praising God and there was plenty of worship and live bands so all's good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racoon)
    Yes thanks,. Just got back from a church camp where 7,000 were praising God and there was plenty of worship and live bands so all's good.
    Only 7000? :wink2:

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1470294686.406475.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  179.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    Only 7000? :wink2:

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1470294686.406475.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  179.4 KB

pwhahahahha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)

Would appreciate prayers for me - I have an assessment on Weds

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did it go?

ReputationRep:
    that's amazing, i definitely want to go to something like that, like New Wine or Spring Harvest - it would just be awesome!
    Glad you enjoyed it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by temi.h.o.)
    that's amazing, i definitely want to go to something like that, like New Wine or Spring Harvest - it would just be awesome!
    Glad you enjoyed it!

You'd love it I'm sure. The one I went to was HTB's Focus. They have a great student hub there (free breakfast too )

http://focus.htb.org/
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    How did it go?
    Hard to tell. Better than I thought but she said they may be unable to offer any further therapy :cry2:

I should know the verdict by the end of next week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Hard to tell. Better than I thought but she said they may be unable to offer any further therapy :cry2:

I should know the verdict by the end of next week

Posted from TSR Mobile

See how it goes :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    Hello i have had a few posts here, but i am a relatively new Christian, here is my story . So for about 94% of my life on earth i have grown up knowing that God existed and i believed in his existence. I experienced how he/she has intervened in my life and others, but i barely carried out his/her teachings. I would constantly lie, steal, curse etc, but i would still claim i was christian and loved God. That was never true i was naive, ignorant and exceedingly pretentious about my faith, basically i was a massive hypocrite. I would fabricate reasons on why i should not go to church, on why had never read the Bible, but i claimed to know what it's word entailed, i would lie to myself that my actions were of God's will, and when i couldn't conjure up a reason as to why my faith in God was pure and authentic, i would often realize that i was lying to myself and i felt that once i die i would go straight to hell. But i was to afraid to accept it. And so i used video games, work, TV Shows, Movies, Music etc as a form of escapism to shield myself from the truth. This went on for 16 years.

I'm 17 now, and i recently decided to make a radical change to my lifestyle, i have started reading the bible and i have started to pray (authentically). But doing so has made me afraid more than ever (that it might be too late), happier and immensely conflicted about the life i want to live. I recently began to question what i am allowed to do and what i should do, from the entertainment i indulge in, the priorities i should set and the career i should pursue (which for the recent part of my life was game development (and may still be, as i learn more about God and his teachings), but the company i want to work at portrays violent themes, and with my knowledge, i now believe are ungodly).

I have decided to commit myself to God, and this Sunday i aim to get baptized. I am excited to
    gain valuable insight on Christianity and be a part of a christian community. . Thank You.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    See how it goes :grouphugs:
    Thank you :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2018
Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.