Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jam277)
    Tbh since Zola, can't really think of a top striker who's done really well in the prem from an italian club?
    The cocaine-inspired Mutu back at the start of 03-04.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Interesting that he refused to comment on Sterling, seems like we may be in for him after all
    I'd be very surprised if Wenger doesn't attempt to tempt sterling like he did with Suarez.
    But getting him would mean saying goodbye to Walcott, Campbell, Gnabry, or even Cazorla.
    Most likely Walcott will step up now that he is at risk of loosing his place forever in England and Arsenal. Than us signing Sterling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jgco2chem)
    I'd be very surprised if Wenger doesn't attempt to tempt sterling like he did with Suarez.
    But getting him would mean saying goodbye to Walcott, Campbell, Gnabry, or even Cazorla.
    Most likely Walcott will step up now that he is at risk of loosing his place forever in England and Arsenal. Than us signing Sterling.
    I don't really think anyone who isn't already going would need to be sold tbh.

Campbell, Sanogo and Poldi can both go and I think VERY few Arsenal fans would care, they're the new Chamakh and Bendther as far as I'm concerned. Gnabry is only 19 so could easily be loaned out, and I don't think we'd need to get rid of Cazorla considering Sterling doesn't really have the stamina to play for extended periods of time.

As I've said on here before, to be title contenders you either need an incredible fitness team that stops your players from getting lengthy injuries (i.e. Chelsea) or 2 top players in each position (i.e. City).

So ideally we would want 8 very good players fighting for the front 4 positions in a 4-2-3-1/ 4-1-4-1. We'd have Sanchez, Ozil, Santi, Welbeck, Walcott, Giroud, Sterling (plus maybe Rosicky) which would be 7 (8 inc. Rosicky), so we'd also be able to add another top striker (imo Lacazette) or a winger (e.g. Pedro) and shift Walcott or Welbeck to second choice striker role. Only thing stopping it is money and the fact we have other positions in MUCH more need of back up at CB, CDM and GK

ReputationRep:
    Was just reading through the older Arsenal threads and came across the 7-5 game. Wasn't a poster here back in them days but some of the comments :lol:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...77722&page=427
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Was just reading through the older Arsenal threads and came across the 7-5 game. Wasn't a poster here back in them days but some of the comments :lol:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...77722&page=427

Hahaha, Deshi made me cry with laughter. Interesting read...still reading it in fact :cookie:
    Page 434 is where we equalised to make it 4-4 rofl

Btw don't know if this has been said already, haven't looked back at the thread but all of our injured players are back in training...and yes this includes DIABY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    real question is what will be done with podolski.

doubt inter would sign him after his abysmal form, and its going to be hard to move him on with his wages so high.
    He's gone. absolute passenger!

ReputationRep:
    But wheres Krystian

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
    But wheres Krystian

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He's just turned 17. No rush to throw him in now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Hahaha, Deshi made me cry with laughter. Interesting read...still reading it in fact :cookie:

Btw don't know if this has been said already, haven't looked back at the thread but all of our injured players are back in training...and yes this includes DIABY
    The amount of dross we had during that match jeez... Miquel,Eisfield,Meade,Djourou. Even the bench was packed with L1 level players, didn't know that Gnabry played though, intredasting.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Diaby will be injured again within a week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That 7-5 game was the most bipolar I have felt in any game, ever. Suicidal at 4-0, euphoric at 5-4, pissed at 5-5, screaming at 7-5.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by sr90)
    Diaby will be injured again within a week

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You don't even have to be psychic to know that :sad:

(Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    The amount of dross we had during that match jeez... Miquel,Eisfield,Meade,Djourou. Even the bench was packed with L1 level players, didn't know that Gnabry played though, intredasting.
    Yeah true, and was also weird seeing Giroud in that match actually. How he's developed.

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for the game tbh, why does Saturday feel so far away?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah true, and was also weird seeing Giroud in that match actually. How he's developed.
    His heading was still on point back then. From what I remember, Coquelin was actually the only player in the first half who played well. Emi Martinez has developed the most.

Looking back, that weekend was amazing for the casual viewer. Arsenal 7-5 Reading, Chelsea 5-4 United.

ReputationRep:
    **** me that kid Miguel, I remember everyone thinking he was going to be a top CB, does he even play football anymore haha

ReputationRep:
    **** me that kid Miguel, I remember everyone thinking he was going to be a top CB, does he even play football anymore haha
    Professional bench-warmer at Norwich.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You could say that for so many Arsenal youth products :lol:

There are so many players that you just think ''what happened to them?'', it would make a brilliant thread to be fair.

ReputationRep:
    Theo made it though (kinda).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    Theo made it though (kinda).

**** me some of these youths look like they are a product of bullying

ReputationRep:
    Tbh the new England team you can see actually being a main part of the squad in the future as they've been integrated in the first teams.

Richards is an unfortunate casualty personally but he always had the talent to make it. The rest just aint good enough.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.