Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Given Powys is apparently a key marginal local authority (I thought it was more firmly remain according to the pollsters, but my local inkling was always that it would be more leave-ish) I should inform you that the weather's been beautiful here today. I haven't even needed to put on a jumper.
    Well in a country that has Gareth Bale, what do you expect?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Nintendo: Makes fungus and watergate jokes in paper mario

Gamergate woman: says it is about her and her suffering even when people point out it is clearly a watergate joke

I know the referendum has seen some roll eye moments, but this odd piece of news really made me stop and go wtf
    Link?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Link?
    I tend to stay arms length from this site but it's the best article I could find

http://kotaku.com/after-outcry-ninte...ium=Socialflow
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Oh dear, someone who has never used trains or other public transport so is unaware of the 24 hour clock. Probably still measures things in feet and inches, weight in pounds and the price of things in groats and guineas.
    Excuse me, you can do old money and 24h clock

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I tend to stay arms length from this site but it's the best article I could find

http://kotaku.com/after-outcry-ninte...ium=Socialflow
    Interesting... I'm not sure if political satire belongs in a children's game but it feels like a little over reaction although if that's how the person felt I guess it was better to air her feelings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Interesting... I'm not sure if political satire belongs in a children's game but it feels like a little over reaction although if that's how the person felt I guess it was better to air her feelings.
    It was harmless enough political satire from over 40 years ago imo, anything someone over 18 I would hope would understand, and there are plenty of those over that age who play Nintendo games, while those who don't see the reference wouldn't be at a disadvantage or be missing out.

I just feel it was an overreaction, I can kind of see why she may have felt that way, but it is clearly simply a watergate joke and a few minutes before then a fungus joke which was first used years ago in a Mario Party game
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    It was harmless enough political satire from over 40 years ago imo, anything someone over 18 I would hope would understand, and there are plenty of those over that age who play Nintendo games, while those who don't see the reference wouldn't be at a disadvantage or be missing out.

I just feel it was an overreaction, I can kind of see why she may have felt that way, but it is clearly simply a watergate joke and a few minutes before then a fungus joke which was first used years ago in a Mario Party game
    I guess what is clear to us isn't always clear to others because we all have a really egocentric veiw of the world?

In other news BBC referendum program about to come on and referendum closes in 3 mins!!!

ReputationRep:
    caj trolling the leavers

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post66052091
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    84% turnout in Gibraltar
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Gibraltar turnout of 84%. Rather non-surprising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    So now you believe we're leaving with not a single vote to remain? Oh, no, you're being partisan again and assuming.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What? Huh? You of all people can hardly talk about being partisan. You wouldn't know consistency if it smacked you in the face.

It speaks volumes that the leave camp think the vote is rigged against them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Gibraltar turnout of 84%. Rather non-surprising.
    I expect most of that will be remain?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Aph)
    Don't see how? I mean IRL yeah sure...
    That's what I meant irl xD
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    78.6% apparently but they don't deserve a vote.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Aph)
    That's certainly the expectation. Primarily to do with them being far more affected by a Leave vote (having to deal with Spain again).
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    78.6% apparently but they don't deserve a vote.
    Why??? They are a British territory which is part of the EU because we are.
    That's certainly the expectation. Primarily to do with them being far more affected by a Leave vote (having to deal with Spain again).
    Yeah... I'd hate to imagine what would happen if we stayed in because of them!!!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Oh dear, someone who has never used trains or other public transport so is unaware of the 24 hour clock. Probably still measures things in feet and inches, weight in pounds and the price of things in groats and guineas.
    Im a londoner m8

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Aph)
    Congrats. You have about 25000 votes, mainly foreigners.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    EU referendum 'on the day' poll:
    Remain: 52%
    Leave: 48%
    (via YouGov)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Implying they don't have to deal with Spain in the EU.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.