The European/World Football Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
-Matty-
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by forex)
300 Madrid fans travelled to Rayo (South East of Madrid)
30 Madrid fans travelled to Getafe (Madrid)

Absolutely disgusting.
I might be wrong but i'm fairly sure that's the case with most Spanish sides.
Jordan_1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpEy1rmLAA4
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i just jizzed.
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 6 years ago
oh good lord... :coma:
Cities
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jordan_1)
Anyone see Messi's freekick? Brilliant!
Yeah I saw it. I was pissed off because I thought Atleti deserved to get a draw at least, got tonnes of calls against them and he always does that!! (taking it before the whistle).
Catilina
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What´s so special about Messi's free kick?
JClive
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Can you officially take it before the whistle? Does it depend on the ref?

If you could, then surely every team would take a quick free kick whilst the wall was being created and the GK out of position...
IWantSomeMushu
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Atletico deserved at least a draw from that game. I don't think the Messi goal should have stood, and Atleti were denied a clear penalty near the end from a Busquets handball.

Brilliant effort from the lads though.
Catilina
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JClive)
Can you officially take it before the whistle? Does it depend on the ref?

If you could, then surely every team would take a quick free kick whilst the wall was being created and the GK out of position...
I´m sure it depends on the ref, I found a similar goal and to me it looks like it´s the Refs mistake.

jit987
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Same player, same goal, same opposition.

KingMessi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you gain permission from the referee to take a quick free-kick, you're perfectly entitled to...
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It is dumb that people would even argue against a quick free kick being taken. You committed the foul, you should not have the advantage of deciding when you're ready to defend it.
Colbert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Messi :dice:

The fact that the ref was stood right there next to them rather than marching about with his whistle in the air counting ten yards suggests they'd asked to take it quickly anyway?

Pretty sure it's standard fare for the ref to ask the taker what he is going to do, then if it's a slow set piece he'll point to his whistle, sort the wall out and get into position before restarting play. Otherwise fair game tbf.
Jordan_1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
People saying it shouldn't be allowed clearly don't know the rules. It was perfectly legal. Every team takes quick free kicks but they usually pass it, Messi just decided to shoot this time.

Nevertheless it was amazingly accurate and even if the keeper was ready it would have took an amazing save to stop it.
ra-ra-ra
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by aa22)
I was close with "Braga will probably be able to beat them something like 5-0 next week though" in reference to the game vs Guimaraes. Braga are now hot on our heels though. When was the last time Braga actually lost, was it the game against us? A good couple of months ago it seems. Crazy, top 3 all very close.
TheInvincibles14
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Reminds me of this:

Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Possible new international calendar on the way. ....
forex
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just wanted to say that Ahmed Hassan (Anderlecht, Zamalek and Egypt) will become the official world's most capped player tomorrow.
aa22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ra-ra-ra)
I was close with "Braga will probably be able to beat them something like 5-0 next week though" in reference to the game vs Guimaraes. Braga are now hot on our heels though. When was the last time Braga actually lost, was it the game against us? A good couple of months ago it seems. Crazy, top 3 all very close.
Typical of teams to play like monsters against us and then not give a crap against anyone else..

And yeh, no wonder they're starting to talk about the possibility of the title now.. its very close. If only we hadn't dropped all those points stupidly :cry:
Da_hopeful_1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Nélson Oliveira of Portugal.

What's the lowdown on him guys?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.69%
No (665)
60.62%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.69%

Watched Threads