Nasri
    De Gea
    van Persie
    Ramsey
    Kompany
    Hazard
    Mata
    Matic

Would surely all be rated as better players than Ozil in this league based off what we've seen to date?

To date, Ozil hasn't proved himself as one of the 10 best players for playing in this league.

ReputationRep:
    ozil isn't in the top 10 players in the prem. Lets face it he's been a flop for his price tag and the expectation and i'm not having this he's got no runners *******s did ramsey have runners when he was bangin in goals and assisting playing deeper than ozil? i keep hearing he's this expert at through balls as well i've seen nothing of the sort unless you count playing the opposition through on goal vs city and liverpool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    I haven't seen you give one valid opinion tbh.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Please respond to my list of 25 players better than Santi Cazorla?

You bring this upon yourself Kruz, you've done it before. After Liverpool beat you 5-1 you were adamant that Gnabry was a better player than Sterling :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Nope

Suarez
    Sturridge
    RVP
    Rooney
    Mata
    Aguero
    Silva
    Toure
    Ramsey
    Koscielny
    Mertesacker
    None of those united players are in it either tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Gerrard
    Suarez
    Sturridge
    Sterling
    Hazard
    Terry
    Cahill
    Cole
    Ivanovic
    Cech
    Matic
    Ozil
    Ramsey
    Koscielny
    Walcott
    Zabaleta
    Kompany
    Toure
    Fernandinho
    Silva
    Nasri
    Aguero
    Negredo
    van Persie
    Rooney
    Mata
    De Gea
    Carrick
    Bony
    Vertonghen
    Remy
    Coutinho
    Sakho
    Lloris
    Lallana
    Shaw
    Lambert
    Rodriguez
    Lovren
    Welbeck
    Wilshere
    Rosicky

In bold are 25 players indisputably better than Santi Cazorla.

Those who aren't bolded are debateable (there's a stronger case for Sterling than there is for Wilshere, eg, but there's a case for all)/have had significantly better seasons than him (I appreciate that the better seasons bit might be a bit irrelevant but I thought it was best to put them in anyway).

You are the most gassed poster on this thread after Zurich
    Jay Rodriguez? Welbeck? Sakho? And even though he a good season I'm adamant Lallana isn't better that Cazorla.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You bring this upon yourself Kruz, you've done it before. After Liverpool beat you 5-1 you were adamant that Gnabry was a better player than Sterling :lol:
    That day I was quite angry so I was just chatting a lot of rubbish :lol:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Jay Rodriguez? Welbeck? And even though he a good season I'm adamant Lallana isn't better that Cazorla.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    backup what you're saying why are you adamant cazorla is better than lallana? when has cazorla had a season as good as lallanas? the quality in the prem was higher this year than last yet cazorla is nowhere near the team of the season/player of the season yet lallana seems to crop up in everyones list

ReputationRep:
    Probably been talked about endlessly - but how would you fit Wilshere-Ramsey-Cazorla-Ozil-Fabregas in the same midfield?

All decent quality. All similar players. Ramsey/Ozil/Fabregas are shoe-ins. Wilshere to lose out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Jay Rodriguez? Welbeck? And even though he a good season I'm adamant Lallana isn't better that Cazorla.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I gave you 25 players who are indisputably better than Cazorla. Do you have any arguments against them?

The rest, as I already said, are just players who you can make a (good or not) case for. By the end I was just dropping in names left right and centre because when you think about it, Cazorla has been ****e :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    None of those united players are in it either tbh.
    Rooney isn't in the top 10. Mata and RVP are maybes. This time a year ago they both would have been in, and dropping your opinion of them too far based on this season seems harsh.

Aguero, Suarez,Toure, Silva are the only definites really. The rest could be debated.

ReputationRep:
    Rooney isn't in the top 10. Mata and RVP are maybes. This time a year ago they both would have been in, and dropping your opinion of them too far based on this season seems harsh.

Aguero, Suarez,Toure, Silva are the only definites really. The rest could be debated.
    RvP is defo in, Mata is on the edge I reckon with the likes of Sturridge.

Ramsey is a definite too.

ReputationRep:
    I gave you 25 players who are indisputably better than Cazorla. Do you have any arguments against them?

The rest, as I already said, are just players who you can make a (good or not) case for. By the end I was just dropping in names left right and centre because when you think about it, Cazorla has been ****e :lol:
    Hmm I agree with the list for the 25 you put. Yeah he hasn't been good this season, but some of you guys are talking like he's any guy. Hopefully next season he'll be better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You missed off Christian Eriksen. He impressed me this season, second half starting to look like Spurs got the jump on all the club that passed him up. Pretty lethal from a dead ball too.

I'd also say with the United lot, gotta include DDG if you're going to include anyone, he'd first on the list if you can justify RVP or Mata he's in.

ReputationRep:
    arsenal thread back to its best..

Just shows how much these random pundits earn their money.. a few questionable tweets and suggested stories, and the whole football community is back to arguing and having a go at each other..

Doesnt really matter though..

If Cesc comes to aresnal.. I can see a player leaving, probably cazorla, - if not in the summer, probably in january..

If Cesc goes to united/city.. well.. all hell will break loose on this thread, and within arsenal..

Chances are Cesc will stay at barca, and we have just been arguing over nothing..

Woop. football.

ReputationRep:

Last season they were without a doubt but, the game move on and it's all about what have you done lately. Last season, Ramsey wasn't in, Gerrard wasn't in, Hazard wasn't in. Heck going on last season form, Ozil was in (based on Real form obvs).

ReputationRep:
    RvP is defo in, Mata is on the edge I reckon with the likes of Sturridge.

Ramsey is a definite too.
    So you'd have Suarez, Aguero, Toure, Silva, RVP, Ramsey. What would your other 4 be?

ReputationRep:
    New Chelsea thread.

ReputationRep:
    GTF on this bus people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Last season they were without a doubt but, the game move on and it's all about what have you done lately. Last season, Ramsey wasn't in, Gerrard wasn't in, Hazard wasn't in. Heck going on last season form, Ozil was in (based on Real form obvs).
    But they'd proven their ability in the PL for the past 2 seasons, and only couldn't prove it again due to injury/being dropped then moving clubs. So it's not really their fault.

ReputationRep:
    But they'd proven their ability in the PL for the past 2 seasons, and only couldn't prove it again due to injury/being dropped then moving clubs. So it's not really their fault.
    True, I agree to an extent but, you can also say the same with Ozil and he did have a good start to the season and on paper with the genuine players around him, he'll be top 10 no doubt. But with these sort of list, you have to do away with the foot notes as it leaves room for bias and selective opinions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    You missed off Christian Eriksen. He impressed me this season, second half starting to look like Spurs got the jump on all the club that passed him up. Pretty lethal from a dead ball too.

I'd also say with the United lot, gotta include DDG if you're going to include anyone, he'd first on the list if you can justify RVP or Mata he's in.
    I'm a bit undecided on Eriksen. Absolutely undefendable dead ball, possibly better than Gerrard who was making a case to be the best in the world for a lot of the season, but sometimes his overall play was lacking. Defensive contribution is absolute 0. Perhaps because he was misused by Sherwood.

DDG was on my big list, idk if he makes it into a top 10. Despite being a keeper myself, I'll follow the masses and treat them like ****e lol

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.