Maths Uni Chat Watch

around
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tommm)
England took 8 wickets against Sri Lanka whilst I was in a supervision yesterday.
I still don't know what happened. I tuned out of TMS expecting a bore draw and then I check Cricinfo and somehow England have won.
Slumpy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hedgeman49)
Fed's forehand looking uncharacteristically short today... could mean trouble against Monfils who hits it very well on the rise.
My supervision was on at 4, so I've missed a fair bit, sounds pretty lacklustre so far though.
Hedgeman49
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Slumpy)
My supervision was on at 4, so I've missed a fair bit, sounds pretty lacklustre so far though.
Yeah, it's been pretty awful, wind is creating havoc. Federer is just making less errors than Monfils.
.matt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why is self-teaching modules one or two days before the exam so effective? It feels like cheating!
marcusmerehay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by .matt)
Why is self-teaching modules one or two days before the exam so effective? It feels like cheating!
Exactly what I'm doing too. :mmm:

Usually write up and shorten all the lecture notes about a week before, then spend the last few days writing up past papers making sure I know what's going on. :awesome:

This springs to mind for some reason.
Swayum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by .matt)
Very true. I'm not going to work in Easter next year, what's the point? You just forget it all by exam day and end up cramming everything the night before anyway.
qgujxj39
Report 7 years ago
I have now spent more time wondering whether to learn the proof of Taylor's theorem than it would actually take to learn said proof. fml
SimonM
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tommm)
I have now spent more time wondering whether to learn the proof of Taylor's theorem than it would actually take to learn said proof. fml
Integration by parts.
Swayum
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tommm)
Taylor's been destroying my life since 2007.
marcusmerehay
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I had to do far too many Taylor expansions in my Optimisation exam. :sad:
qgujxj39
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SimonM)
Integration by parts.
Oh, OK, I see how that could work. The only proof I've seen starts from Rolle's theorem.
SimonM
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor'..._the_remainder
qgujxj39
Report 7 years ago
"Please rate some other members before rating this member again."
qgujxj39
Report 7 years ago
I've discovered that, with quotes, "orthogonal bassist" is a googlewhack. Revision is going well.
Rickelton
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Any maths students here ever have problems with using a macbook pro? Eg, any software that doesnt work?

Thanks
SimonM
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rickelton)
Any maths students here ever have problems with using a macbook pro? Eg, any software that doesnt work?

Thanks
Nope. I have MBP and it runs everything I need.
Rickelton
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SimonM)
Nope. I have MBP and it runs everything I need.
Very very reassuring, thank you very much!
Hedgeman49
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tommm)
I've discovered that, with quotes, "orthogonal bassist" is a googlewhack. Revision is going well.
Or at least it will be until Google next indexes TSR...
SimonM
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Electromagnetism, it turns out, is much easier for me to understand if I do everything in terms of A-level Physics. (And just fiddle the notation to agree with vector calculus...)
Hedgeman49
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
FINISHED. Stats went alright, could have been much worse. Just had my Jaquilabomb (Jagerbomb, tequila slammer, another Jagerbomb) and am now doing to the park to drink Carlsberg and shiraz all afternoon. Then I'm going clubbing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads