The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6240
Original post by Mushi_master
Ugh got the fresher's flu, surely should have had this a month ago.

Think it's silently making it's way round Guys campus atm!
Original post by sophyy
Think it's silently making it's way round Guys campus atm!

I'm currently 70 miles south of Guy's on placement, it's certainly getting around!
Reply 6242
Original post by crazylemon
I have a tendency to moan here too...
Teaching at what level?
As for me I am not certain 100% I want to e a clinician and I am aware it can change, I realise this and thus have some escape plans (not that they are realistic but while I know I can still run I don't have to)

You can never be certain about these things I am afraid. But what has made you becom e hesitant with being a clinician? Is it just not what you thought it would be?

We can't make your life decisions for you, not how life works I am afraid

Just saw the edit: I don't think it is ever to late to change career (well once 50 something maybe)

Hey CL, how's 3rd year treating you? Where you based?

I'm at Hammersmith doing my Endo BSc - means I'm gonna learn how to tell fat people to stop eating digestives and drinking lucozade all the goddamn time. So basically, curing diabetes.
:banghead: Argh i despise histology
Today, along with the usual 'no, I've never had blood pressure dear', I met an elderly lady who had 'never needed oxygen in my entire life'. Considered referral to research dept so all could learn from her miraculous physiology...
Original post by Madprof

Original post by Madprof
Today, along with the usual 'no, I've never had blood pressure dear', I met an elderly lady who had 'never needed oxygen in my entire life'. Considered referral to research dept so all could learn from her miraculous physiology...

Those people drive me insane. I was taking a history from a patient who seemed completely with it, and did the whole "are you on any medications?" and when she went no I did the "any for high blood pressure? high cholesterol?" etc. and again, got a no.

Finish the history, look at her drug chart and she's on 3 for her bp and simvastatin :facepalm:
4 hours of pharmocokinetics in dark, hot lecture theatre = instant sleep.

Now typing up notes and wishing I had listened. :puke:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Those people drive me insane. I was taking a history from a patient who seemed completely with it, and did the whole "are you on any medications?" and when she went no I did the "any for high blood pressure? high cholesterol?" etc. and again, got a no.

Finish the history, look at her drug chart and she's on 3 for her bp and simvastatin :facepalm:

Even more frustrating when you get that exact situation (minus the drug chart check) and then present to the doctor, who then asks the patient precisely the same questions, but this time the patient responds by providing their entire drug history in a clear, concise and chronological torrent of glorious information.
Reply 6248
Original post by Kinkerz
Even more frustrating when you get that exact situation (minus the drug chart check) and then present to the doctor, who then asks the patient precisely the same questions, but this time the patient responds by providing their entire drug history in a clear, concise and chronological torrent of glorious information.

LOL

You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx

Hehe! Yeah, v v annoying! (especially when the patient explains to you that those drugs are for hypertension, not high blood pressure ... *sigh*)

Although I was making the - pedantic, perhaps - point that almost everyone I've met and certainly everyone I've held a meaningful conversation with has had a blood pressure of some sort, be it high, low or comfortably between the two.
Reply 6250
Original post by n1r4v
I would like to be one but I also want to do a lot of other stuff as well

But I get what you're saying, it is scary that we'll be doctors for the next 40 years, along that line there must be points where you'd feel doubtful. Maybe almost half our waking lives will be in a hospital :holmes:

yup, pretty sure we had this convo 2 years back nirav.

I've been thinking about this a lot, and basically it seems worth finishing and getting provisional GMC registration. it does feel a lot like gambling with your life though... and for what? to "save" lives ._.

see you again next year...
Just seen a trailer for "The Food Hospital." WTF is this crap doing on our TV?
Original post by crazylemon
I am based at Northwick park. It is ok but seem to be so busy. Not. Sure on my bsc what I want to do yet...might do haem as Harvard it is still pretty easy

Spoiler

Papyrology BSc?
Original post by Helenia
Just seen a trailer for "The Food Hospital." WTF is this crap doing on our TV?

Insert "get yourself some mangoes" meme here.
Reply 6254
I think only good things can come from working with coffee. :smile:
I want to quit medicine and go to work for Anthony Nolan. :ahee: After the national Marrow AGM I am far, far more enthused about bone marrow than I am about any of the other, minor parts of my life. Like my degree.
Me "and I'm just going to bang on your chest now" :facepalm:
Embryology textbooks are so depressing...

Every 4 pages a new dead/deformed baby to wince at...
Original post by gozatron

TBH I find the process of learning embryology equally depressing.
Original post by gozatron

Hey. Some people like babies.

:perv:

Latest

Trending

Trending