Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Genuinely surprised Labour have resorted to the UKIP tactic of taking members from the Other Place to fill your seats.

If you can't fill your seats, you ask other members of the TSR MHoC who may otherwise leave if they can't get a seat, or give it up for by-election.
    Are you referring to madrockets? If so, we didn't take him at all as we sadly don't have any contacts with other place Labour - he must have stumbled upon us by coincidence

We were going to do that (at one point I was actually about to send you an enquiring PM) but it turned out last minute that we could fill our seats, we just had trouble doing so. If at any point we genuinely can't, we will of course do as you suggested and ask other MHoCers to step in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Just a bit of a argument really, turned nasty though and hit me down, not physically to be clear, a few times
    That's a shame, as I said, I hope you're alright. If you wanna chat my inbox is pretty empty.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Genuinely surprised Labour have resorted to the UKIP tactic of taking members from the Other Place to fill your seats.

If you can't fill your seats, you ask other members of the TSR MHoC who may otherwise leave if they can't get a seat, or give it up for by-election.
    We would never give up a seat unless we have to and we are a bit wary about making links with the other place. However, if anyone in the TSR MHoC wants to defect to Labour, they are most welcome to.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    One would assume that you are referring to madrockets, who is a member of the Labour Party over there.
    They were certainly not brought over by me. As far as I know they joined TSR of their own accord.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    They were certainly not brought over by me. As far as I know they joined TSR of their own accord.
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Are you referring to madrockets? If so, we didn't take him at all as we sadly don't have any contacts with other place Labour - he must have stumbled upon us by coincidence

We were going to do that (at one point I was actually about to send you an enquiring PM) but it turned out last minute that we could fill our seats, we just had trouble doing so. If at any point we genuinely can't, we will of course do as you suggested and ask other MHoCers to step in.
    Then I withdraw the point

Sorry guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    We would never give up a seat and we are a bit wary about making links with the other place. However, if anyone in the TSR MHoC wants to defect to Labour, they are most welcome to.
    Been there, done that.

ReputationRep:
    The Parliamentary Labour Party
    In the current Parliament, the Parliamentary Labour Party consists of 12 MPs.

The Leader
    Saracen's Fez MP

The Deputy Leader
    (currently vacant)

The Chair
    cranbrook_aspie MP

MPs
    Boyonwheels MP :hello:
    cranbrook_aspie MP :whip2:
    DanE1998 MP :cheers:
    Defraction MP :thumbsup:
    EricAteYou MP :dance:
    Kay_Winters MP :music:
    KomradeKorbyn MP :facepalm:
    LovepreetDhillon MP :cool:
    madrockets MP :innocent:
    Quamquam123 MP :woo:
    Saracen's Fez MP :king1:
    That Bearded Man MP :manutd:

Life_peer I hope this will do. I should also stress to KomradeKorbyn that his emoji is based solely on his username.
    Mine is spot on:rofl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    In terms of the nagging that comes with the Chairship, rather than actually enforcing non-existent Labour whips, might I add

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    That's a shame, as I said, I hope you're alright. If you wanna chat my inbox is pretty empty.
    Thanks James

ReputationRep:
    Thanks James
    No worries.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is spot on:rofl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    In terms of the nagging that comes with the Chairship, rather than actually enforcing non-existent Labour whips, might I add
    Likewise with mine, I booked another gig just earlier today infact

ReputationRep:
    Then I withdraw the point

Sorry guys
    No problem
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The Parliamentary Labour Party

In the current Parliament, the Parliamentary Labour Party consists of 12 MPs.

The Leader
    Saracen's Fez MP

The Deputy Leader
    (currently vacant)

The Chair
    cranbrook_aspie MP

MPs
    Boyonwheels MP :hello:
    cranbrook_aspie MP :whip2:
    DanE1998 MP :cheers:
    Defraction MP :thumbsup:
    EricAteYou MP :dance:
    Kay_Winters MP :music:
    KomradeKorbyn MP :facepalm:
    LovepreetDhillon MP :cool:
    madrockets MP :innocent:
    Quamquam123 MP :woo:
    Saracen's Fez MP :king1:
    That Bearded Man MP :manutd:

Life_peer I hope this will do. I should also stress to KomradeKorbyn that his emoji is based solely on his username.
    I like the emoji you chose me - I'm relieved you didn't pick the Fuhrer one. Your final comment demonstrates that you are most definitely a Blairite.

ReputationRep:
    'Gig'? Go to party gulag immediately and spend hour writing legislation. Activities not connected to Party are not acceptable in new revolutionary order:whip:

ReputationRep:
    We would never give up a seat unless we have to and we are a bit wary about making links with the other place. However, if anyone in the TSR MHoC wants to defect to Labour, they are most welcome to.
    What's the 'other place'?

ReputationRep:
    'Gig'? Go to party gulag immediately and spend hour writing legislation. Activities not connected to Party are not acceptable in new revolutionary order:whip:
    I needed a laugh, thanks
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Think we might need a Soviet or DDR emoji for the Party Chair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenC1997)
    What's the 'other place'?
    reddit I believe

ReputationRep:
    Think we might need a Soviet or DDR emoji for the Party Chair.
    Soviet or DDR emoji needed for all party members to emphasise obedience to revolutionary ideology:whip:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Which gig are you going to?

ReputationRep:
    Which gig are you going to?
    Andy Black from BVB, however I'm only going for the support act, a band called Creeper

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2018
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.