Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by User1212)
    your dad was a Hindu? Pakistani?
    Yeah my dad used to be a hindu but became muslim when he was 18. Im indian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    Yeah my dad used to be a hindu but became muslim when he was 18. Im indian.
    well that's good then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XORdqqztYQk

This made me cry (kind of) Touches me..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak143244)
    Yeah we're currently doing speech and a newspaper article and just comparing them. They both have the same topic though

Ah that's good alhamdullilah. Keep woking to that level and you'll smash the test inshallah

My loss? Why?
    ohh icic, newspaper? nice. we have a memoir which is boring lol

Aw thank you

as in the person is related to you, you've lost someone? idk isnt tht wht people say when someones passed away?

ReputationRep:

lol I think you're too emotional, and that's Jason Lee!

(Original post by mariam687)
    ohh icic, newspaper? nice. we have a memoir which is boring lol

Aw thank you

as in the person is related to you, you've lost someone? idk isnt tht wht people say when someones passed away?
    Oh what's that?

No problem

No I saw a coffin, like I didn't know the person

(Original post by User1212)
    lol I think you're too emotional, and that's Jason Lee!
    Probably.. You're right.

ReputationRep:
    https://quran.com/24/23-26

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يَرْمُونَ الْمُحْصَنَاتِ الْغَافِلَاتِ الْمُؤْمِنَاتِ لُعِنُوا فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالْآخِرَةِ وَلَهُمْ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌ

Indeed, those who [falsely] accuse chaste, unaware and believing women are cursed in this world and the Hereafter; and they will have a great punishment

يَوْمَ تَشْهَدُ عَلَيْهِمْ أَلْسِنَتُهُمْ وَأَيْدِيهِمْ وَأَرْجُلُهُمْ بِمَا كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ

On a Day when their tongues, their hands and their feet will bear witness against them as to what they used to do.

يَوْمَئِذٍ يُوَفِّيهِمُ اللَّهُ دِينَهُمُ الْحَقَّ وَيَعْلَمُونَ أَنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ الْحَقُّ الْمُبِينُ

That Day, Allah will pay them in full their deserved recompense, and they will know that it is Allah who is the perfect in justice.

ReputationRep:
    Oh what's that?

No problem

Probably.. You're right.
    how I miss the 'My Name Is Earl' series lol

ReputationRep:
    Oh what's that?

No problem

Probably.. You're right.

its like a story about someones experience, see i have to analyse a womans experience in Paris

ohh right, damn

ReputationRep:
    salams every1
    Wa'alaykumasalaam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beyrouthi)
    Lol my teacher was showing a broadcast of the election in class and we were all dying at that :lol: "Who's Zorba?" "He's Greek" and a character from a book!! Yes I agree. The vacuum has gone on for far too long and it's good that we finally have a president. Also regarding Hariri, it most likely was an endorsement born out of convenience, but regardless it was still quite a compromise from him. In fact people are saying it was Hezbollah that 'won' this election. They're the only party that didn't have to compromise and pretty much controlled this from the start by repeatedly refusing to show up to vote unless they were confident an ally of theirs would become president. On my way back home from school Hezbollah flags were being waved and paraded almost as much as the Lebanese flags lol. What are your thoughts on them btw?
    I saw the celebration pics and videos on social media! Made me miss Lebanon so much :cry:

My thoughts on Hezbollah are very complicated but I'll try to keep this short 😬I'm from South Lebanon(Qana to be precise), and I supported their resistance against Israeli occupation of the South and their efforts in the 2006 war. Essentially in my eyes they were 'freedom fighters' who liberated jnoub and became a powerful political force representing people who had been marginalised for too long. However I've become quite disillusioned with them and oppose several of their actions/choices. Despite this I still do not back calls for them to completely disarm though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Wa'alaykumasalaam.
    hw r u ?

ReputationRep:
    SubhanAllah verse of the day :

۞ ﻗُﻞْ ﻳَٰﻌِﺒَﺎﺩِﻯَ ٱﻟَّﺬِﻳﻦَ ﺃَﺳْﺮَﻓُﻮا۟ ﻋَﻠَﻰٰٓ ﺃَﻧﻔُﺴِﻬِﻢْ ﻻَ ﺗَﻘْﻨَﻄُﻮا۟ ﻣِﻦ ﺭَّﺣْﻤَﺔِ ٱﻟﻠَّﻪِ ۚ ﺇِﻥَّ ٱﻟﻠَّﻪَ ﻳَﻐْﻔِﺮُ ٱﻟﺬُّﻧُﻮﺏَ ﺟَﻤِﻴﻌًﺎ ۚ ﺇِﻧَّﻪُۥ ﻫُﻮَ ٱﻟْﻐَﻔُﻮﺭُ ٱﻟﺮَّﺣِﻴﻢُ

Qul ya AAibadiya allatheena asrafoo AAala anfusihim la taqnatoo min rahmati Allahi inna Allaha yaghfiru alththunooba jameeAAan innahu huwa alghafooru alrraheemu

Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by childofthesun)
    I saw the celebration pics and videos on social media! Made me miss Lebanon so much :cry:

My thoughts on Hezbollah are very complicated but I'll try to keep this short 😬I'm from South Lebanon(Qana to be precise), and I supported their resistance against Israeli occupation of the South and their efforts in the 2006 war. Essentially in my eyes they were 'freedom fighters' who liberated jnoub and became a powerful political force representing people who had been marginalised for too long. However I've become quite disillusioned with them and oppose several of their actions/choices. Despite this I still do not back calls for them to completely disarm though!
    Hezbollah are truly a force for good, there would be no Lebanon today if it weren't for them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    https://quran.com/24/23-26

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يَرْمُونَ الْمُحْصَنَاتِ الْغَافِلَاتِ الْمُؤْمِنَاتِ لُعِنُوا فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالْآخِرَةِ وَلَهُمْ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌ

Indeed, those who [falsely] accuse chaste, unaware and believing women are cursed in this world and the Hereafter; and they will have a great punishment

يَوْمَ تَشْهَدُ عَلَيْهِمْ أَلْسِنَتُهُمْ وَأَيْدِيهِمْ وَأَرْجُلُهُمْ بِمَا كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ

On a Day when their tongues, their hands and their feet will bear witness against them as to what they used to do.

يَوْمَئِذٍ يُوَفِّيهِمُ اللَّهُ دِينَهُمُ الْحَقَّ وَيَعْلَمُونَ أَنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ الْحَقُّ الْمُبِينُ

That Day, Allah will pay them in full their deserved recompense, and they will know that it is Allah who is the perfect in justice.

This reminded me of something I was thinking about- how does one actually fear Allah swt and His punishment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://cage.ngo/article/i-refused-to...e-my-daughter/

ReputationRep:
    awh damn it is dark tho :/

im okay, Allahamdlillah, just finishing off english
    Ik pray for me XD
    That's good, how is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

lol why? i thought it was gonna be some really emotional thing but it's just a cartoon xD

ReputationRep:
    hw r u ?
    I am doing good alhamdulillah. I hope you are too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student505)
    Assalaamualaikum everyone
    Can anyone give any advice on how to start to form a long term relationship with the Quran I.e how to grasp a proper understanding of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wa 'alaykumassalaam wa rahmatullah.
    This:

(Original post by Leukocyte)
    Walaykum asalaam

Learn the basics first, learning how to recite in tajweed, these lessons will encourage you more to learn about the Quraan. Move onto translation and tafseer. Listening to it daily and refelecting upon it's meaning is how the relationship will build and get stronger inshaAllah.
    Also:

To understand the language, even if only partially, is of great benefit as it is so rich compared to the English translation.

Reflection is key. To read an ayah, or part of a surah, or the surah as a whole, whilst thinking of how it applies to you personally, thinking of the many ways in which it relates to you, thinking about how it was revealed and under what historical context in order to get some idea of how significant it was, etc.
    If it helps, start off by reflecting on ayaat that inspire humbleness, ayaat that inspire you to reflect on the creation, ayaat that inspire taqwa, ayaat that inspire awe of the Majesty of Allah 'azza wa jall.

Also, learn about the attributes of Allah ta'ala and build on your relationship with Him. Increasing your love for Him will have a like effect on your love for His word and you will be able to reflect more profoundly.

Recite the Qur'an often, even if the same Surah. Recite a Surah that you love in salaah, whilst being in a state of humble submission - physically, emotionally, mentally - before the Creator.

Also, I recommend that you read a short book called Way to the Quran

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.