The Ultimate Football Thread IV Watch

This discussion is closed.
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hehe, I was checking Wiki to quickly get the Euro 2008 and World Cup 2010 qualifying groups, but when searching for "world cup" I came across this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VIVA_World_Cup_2006

Dear, oh dear, oh dear :rofl:
Must've been a hell of a final to watch, though
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Dalimyr)
Hehe, I was checking Wiki to quickly get the Euro 2008 and World Cup 2010 qualifying groups, but when searching for "world cup" I came across this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VIVA_World_Cup_2006

Dear, oh dear, oh dear :rofl:
Must've been a hell of a final to watch, though
To think that Morten Gamst Pedersen could've played for them. What might the score have been then!
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That reminds me, I'm in need of a new football shirt. Make it Tibet.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I tried looking for Palestine ones. Sold out
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I tried getting one on eBay thinking it'd be cheaper. Turns out people are willing to pay an awful lot more than those available at standard websites. If they wish to pay extra for not looking around then that is their stupidity.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Derby would be relegated in the weekend, unless they at least match Birmingham's result. Manager Paul Jewell demands a win against Fulham.

-

Roy Keane has hit out against the "hypocrites" among his contemporaries that speak of the need to respect officials but have themselves been reprimanded for doing the opposite.
SmilerNuts
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I can see Derby getting something against Fulham, even if it's just a draw.

And you have to wonder if Keane is talking about SAF there.
Laevis
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
Derby would be relegated in the weekend, unless they at least match Birmingham's result. Manager Paul Jewell demands a win against Fulham.

-

Roy Keane has hit out against the "hypocrites" among his contemporaries that speak of the need to respect officials but have themselves been reprimanded for doing the opposite.
It seems Paul Jewell has been very demanding nowadays, eh?

-

Kudos to Roy Keane for coming out and saying that. With some managers you always thinks there's an air of pretence when they come out and say such things, be it for mind games purposes or just to create general controversy, but with Roy Keane you get the feeling it's genuine, even if he is referring to his former manager.
DontBuyTheSun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Roy Keane 'condemning' hypocrites who speak of the need to respect officials but do not respect the officials themselves.

How ironic. Does he not remember his outbursts at the start of the season?
Laevis
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by DontBuyTheSun)
Roy Keane 'condemning' hypocrites who speak of the need to respect officials but do not respect the officials themselves.

How ironic. Does he not remember his outbursts at the start of the season?
I was gonna say that as well, but couldn't be bothered in the end. If you think about it though, he's not trying to say he's innocent at all, just that the others coming out trying to act all innocent aren't either.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Laevis)
I was gonna say that as well, but couldn't be bothered in the end. If you think about it though, he's not trying to say he's innocent at all, just that the others coming out trying to act all innocent aren't either.
In fairness to Keane, he stated in a postmatch interview that he's been rather critical of referees. Should follow Martin O'Neill's ways.
Clubber Lang
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I wonder how many of these managers eat prawn sandwiches...
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ploughmans is much better anyway.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It seems Paul Jewell has been very demanding nowadays, eh?

-

Kudos to Roy Keane for coming out and saying that. With some managers you always thinks there's an air of pretence when they come out and say such things, be it for mind games purposes or just to create general controversy, but with Roy Keane you get the feeling it's genuine, even if he is referring to his former manager.
The first thought that struck me was that his demand had come maybe a smidgeon late. Demanding wins now that doom is imminent?

-

Yeah, Keane comes across as if he isn't just paying lip service to an issue that has actually been urgent for years. And yes, he has "targeted" Sir Alex Ferguson, which is fine as it's a fair charge (and he didn't have to say a name for us to know this).
Throwback
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
The first thought that struck me was that his demand had come maybe a smidgeon late. Demanding wins now that doom is imminent?

-

Yeah, Keane comes across as if he isn't just paying lip service to an issue that has actually been urgent for years. And yes, he has "targeted" Sir Alex Ferguson, which is fine as it's a fair charge (and he didn't have to say a name for us to know this).
Keane's playing mindgames on Fergie :teeth:
Clubber Lang
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
he's gunning for fergies job

keeping sudnerland up wont have been to shabby either.
Laevis
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Throwback)
Keane's playing mindgames on Fergie :teeth:
'bout time someone gave it a good shot :teeth:
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's also a clear attempt at separation. He doesn't want to be Fergie mark II. He wants to be better, and he feels Ferguson's attitude towards referees is one area where he can be better. Maybe.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
'bout time someone gave it a good shot :teeth:
Only because Mourinho is no longer involved. :mad:
Clubber Lang
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Mourinho may have been better if he could speak english better - he had more beef with the media

however, i believe a lot of his beef was only made because he couldn't speak english properly.

i note capello opts to hear the questions in english (he obviously udnerstands english very well) but reply using an interpreter because he doesnt want to fall into the same trap.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (47)
25.54%
No (137)
74.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed