give me an l
    give me an m
    give me an u
    give me an n
    give me an i
    give me an a
    almunia!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ultimately we got owned by a truly remarkable side, the best i've ever seen. They are unbelievable with possession but even better without it, it really should have been more than 4-3 but we deserve credit for keeping it to that margin. Perhaps we would have qualified if RVP hadn't been sent off (it was a ridiculous decision) but Barca should have had a clean pen 1st half. Cesc clearly wasn't fit, who knows about RVP because he got no service and we desperately missed Walcott tonight, there's not much more we could have done.

People will say we parked the bus but when you can't get the ball and Barca press every inch of the pitch there's nothing you can do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cesc_93)
    I gotta say the ref was awful. RVP would have probably scored that bendtner chance and arsenal would have won.

The ref's these days dont use any common sense and act like robots.
    Btw the la liga is wack as only two teams can win the title there - barca and madrid. The last time a different team won it, was the 03/04 season.
    You're an idiot.

The last time a team outside of Man U and Chelsea won the prem was 03/04 aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    The first part, is a ridiculous statement, how can you know that this wouldn't have been that 1 in 10?
    One of the most moronic posts I've read for a while. 9/10 indicates a high probability. By your ****ed up 'logic' I take it you never set foot it the sea, as presumably you don't know whether it could be the 1 in 1000000 time you get devoured by a shark.

ReputationRep:
    I'm proud of, in particular, our defence + Almunia, Wilshere and Nasri. I feel sorry for all of our players though, despite being outclassed I don't think we deserved to go out that way. And ugh, some of the scrotes on the Barca team are such *****. This match just made me sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Fabregas was injured and probably shouldn't have been played, in hindsight! According to sources, Fabregas felt a twinge of the hamstring within 15mins of the game tonight. Speaks volumes really, considering his performance, which was 'anaemic' according to 5live.

Probably explains a little then, him and RvP were risks to play in all fairness, but when playing against Barca I suppose you have to put the big guns out. I watched the game and in the second half, Fabregas didn't do much, hardly anything at all - however his strong points are attacking, and for most of his time on the field in the second half he was defending...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    You're an idiot.

The last time a team outside of Man U and Chelsea won the prem was 03/04 aswell.
    LOL the guy who posted that about la liga is a complete bitter idiot, HAHAHAHA that should shuut him up :>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billa Bong)
    RVP didn't get yellow for 'mandhandling' abidal (it was the other way around anyways with abidals hands around RVP's throat) but got it for foul on alves which was a yellow but the other yellow was just ridiculous...the ref got several decisions wrong no doubt about it
    It wasn't just a foul to Alves, tbh. It was more of a slap to the face (and he wasn't even looking at the ball). Ref should have used more common sense for the second yellow, though.

ReputationRep:
    Ref was a **** to both sides.

Barca outplayed Arsenal.

Anything could happen in football, predicting what RVP could or may have done is ridiculous.

Biggest disappointment as an Arsenal fan didn't come from the red card but the lack of composer from the majority of the Arsenal players when they were in possession, no matter what amount of pressure you're facing, passing and finding the player should not be too hard if you do it every season ( i also did not see the players giving many options for the player in possession). This situation was so bad that i was surprised when a pass actually found an Arsenal player -.-.

All in all, bring on Utd, players should now know what happens when you don't fight for possession, let's hope they learn from this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    :congrats:
    Don't let it get to you, those same kind of people probably support Man U and Barca and whoever's on top at the moment :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    You're an idiot.

No, you're the idiot.

Only two teams in Spain have realistic chances of winning the title. In England we have at least 3 and in previous years all 4. Liverpool and Arsenal have come close to winning the title. In Spain it's always a straight out fight beterrn Madrid and Barca.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt RvP would've lasted 90 mins given he was only passed fit today......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    You're an idiot.

Yeah ok

ReputationRep:
    but la liga is still wack...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    A completely anonymous Van Persie would have done so much right? :rolleyes:
    Because he wasn't a big impact in the first 55 mins doesn't mean he would have done nothing in the last 35. His sending off allows at least one more Barca player to venture forward, it allows them to take the ball deeper into our half without being pressured, it means more players from midfield have to go forward in attack, then they have to come back and press Barca again, they get even more tired. It also means we have no-one up top to pick out, and just end up clearing the ball to Barca.

(Original post by CB91)

Take your Arsenal glasses off.
    I don't have them on, the best team won. Possibly the best team ever won. We were outplayed completely but I'm still proud of them. Perhaps you should take your anti-Arsenal glasses off?

(Original post by CB91)

And what does my history in football have to do with anything
    It shows your lack of football knowledge. Theres a certain aspect of it you get from playing the game at a decent level, and if you can't understand how the sending off changed the game you obviously haven't.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreuzuerk)
    One of the most moronic posts I've read for a while. 9/10 indicates a high probability. By your ****ed up 'logic' I take it you never set foot it the sea, as presumably you don't know whether it could be the 1 in 1000000 time you get devoured by a shark.
    And you said my post was moronic. :rolleyes:

One has to accept that there is a probability of both a negative outcome and a positive one. Thus, by stating that 9 in 10 times RvP would convert the Bendtner chance one has to accept that in 1 in 10 times, he would not.

Much like when driving, chances are you won't crash, but there is always a small chance you will. Life is about chance. Obviously, one cannot live in a padded room, but to ignore the fact that something could possibly happen is, as you so appropriately put it, moronic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayne101)
    oh stfu

what about the penalty that should have been at the emirates? or the dissallowed goal that was clearly a legit goal by messi what about that robbery dear arsenal fans?!?!

you cry baby arsenal fans talking about that robbery, stop whining.

eitherway you deserved to be knocked out and you were
    Good reading skills. I think the ref's a **** and I said that. Did I say we were robbed or anything about any other decisions? No, it's based entirely on that one incident. I can make a decision on whether I think someone is a **** quite quickly actually, I've done it twice tonight now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    No, you're the idiot.

Only two teams in Spain have realistic chances of winning the title. In England we have at least 3 and in previous years all 4. Liverpool and Arsenal have come close to winning the title. In Spain it's always a straight out fight beterrn Madrid and Barca.
    No you're the idiot.

You try and use stats about last time someone else winning the league in spain was 03/04.. then stats are used back at you and all of a sudden stats don't matter

Barcelona
    Real madrid
    Man Utd
    Chelsea

The only teams that win leagues in Spain & England since 03/04 and the same reason why they are always the four favourites to win the champions league according to odds.

Arsenal and especially Liverpool don't win league titles, so to include liverpool just prooves your clueless.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get why neutrals would even support Barca, especially if your team is still in the CL, they'll just knock you out too

ReputationRep:
    referee was a fag, simple as.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.