TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope Watch

The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You've probably all read about the Bishop of Grantham revealing that he's gay and in a long-term celibate relationship. I came out on here a while back but generally most of my friends and acquaintances don't know. The Bishop of Grantham has inspired me to come out to most people and I'm planning on doing this soon.

Prayers that people are as kind as you all were would be appreciated (Just FYI, I do not plan on being anything other than celibate for the remainder of my life - my mental health doesn't permit anything else. So if you pray for me for this intention that people will be kind and compassionate about my coming out, you're not praying for anything out of line, dw )
queen-bee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I hope you all have a blessed and productive Sunday
Duke Glacia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks to everyone or their prayer and support ! I could enter into the university of my choice and looking back it was only possible by the grace of GOD. Thank you Jesus, and from today's message

"We sinned right after GOD created us but even then GOD'S unfailing love continues upto today and always aims to re-unite us with Christs"

AMEN Praise be to GOD
*Deidre*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Racoon)
How has your year been?
It's been overall, pretty awesome because I'm living in Him. How are you?
Aula
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TheDailyMan)
snip
Nope. Not here thank you. This thread is a friendly ecumenical thread.
Racoon
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by *Deidre*)
It's been overall, pretty awesome because I'm living in Him. How are you?

That's such a good answer. Its so tempting to live in what we actually see around us rather than the things hoped for. God does call us to live expecting good things to happen.

I'm ok thanks, or should I say great, life's never been better
Racoon
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by queen-bee)
I hope you all have a blessed and productive Sunday

Thank you, I hope you did too. Have you managed to get along to HTB yet? They are starting their Alpha course soon, you might have seen Bear Grylls advertising it.

http://alpha.org/watch/
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ignore the trolling above, peeps :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
vanderwoodsen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Finding it hard at the minute with faith and things. I've never been one of those people who is loud and proud (no hate intended, you do you man) about their religion which is why I'm struggling to talk about it.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by vanderwoodsen)
Finding it hard at the minute with faith and things. I've never been one of those people who is loud and proud (no hate intended, you do you man) about their religion which is why I'm struggling to talk about it.
Sorry to hear you are finding things hard :console: Are there specific things you are struggling with? Or more a general sense of struggling? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
vanderwoodsen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Sorry to hear you are finding things hard :console: Are there specific things you are struggling with? Or more a general sense of struggling? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you <3 Yeah, like, I'm from a Catholic background, raised Catholic and all, but in my early teens I sort of strayed from the idea of religion, and now I'm older I'm trying to go back to it. My nanna passed away this time last year, and she was heavily religious, and I'm finding it difficult to cope with that. I sort of want to go back to religion because I want to feel closer to her, if that makes sense?
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you <3 Yeah, like, I'm from a Catholic background, raised Catholic and all, but in my early teens I sort of strayed from the idea of religion, and now I'm older I'm trying to go back to it. My nanna passed away this time last year, and she was heavily religious, and I'm finding it difficult to cope with that. I sort of want to go back to religion because I want to feel closer to her, if that makes sense?
I'm so sorry for your loss - that must have been - and continue to be - incredibly difficult for you

Bereavement can often raise a lot of questions as to whether there is anything beyond this life and whether we will ever meet our loved ones again. It's natural to wonder/doubt, depending on one's beliefs.

It's very natural to want to come back to religion as a means of feeling closer to a departed loved one. My advice would be to explore around, and to try and figure out your feelings about religion when separated from your grief. Religion is a very personal thing, so you have to want/believe it for yourself, as well as it being a means of feeling close to your nan.

Any questions or prayer requests : we are here to help. Most people in here are various kinds of Protestant but Aula and I are Roman Catholic :yes: There's also a separate Catholic Society too :yes:

:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
vanderwoodsen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
I'm so sorry for your loss - that must have been - and continue to be - incredibly difficult for you

Bereavement can often raise a lot of questions as to whether there is anything beyond this life and whether we will ever meet our loved ones again. It's natural to wonder/doubt, depending on one's beliefs.

It's very natural to want to come back to religion as a means of feeling closer to a departed loved one. My advice would be to explore around, and to try and figure out your feelings about religion when separated from your grief. Religion is a very personal thing, so you have to want/believe it for yourself, as well as it being a means of feeling close to your nan.

Any questions or prayer requests : we are here to help. Most people in here are various kinds of Protestant but Aula and I are Roman Catholic :yes: There's also a separate Catholic Society too :yes:

:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you <3 It is really hard, I thought I would have dealt with it by now but clearly I've not haha :/

Yes, that's how I'm feeling right now. Very questioning and unsure, wishing I had as much faith as my nanna did for her entire life.

You're absolutely right about religion being a personal thing. I had to figure out for a while if I just wanted to try and get back in the swing of things because of her or if I was doing it for me, but I feel I would be doing this for myself.

Thank you, that's ever so lovely of you <3 I'll be sure to check it out
Aula
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you <3 It is really hard, I thought I would have dealt with it by now but clearly I've not haha :/

Yes, that's how I'm feeling right now. Very questioning and unsure, wishing I had as much faith as my nanna did for her entire life.

You're absolutely right about religion being a personal thing. I had to figure out for a while if I just wanted to try and get back in the swing of things because of her or if I was doing it for me, but I feel I would be doing this for myself.

TLG has pretty much said what I was going to say, but if you ever want to PM me, feel free :cute:

It might be worth doing something like a rosary? There are some fantastic guides on the Internet on how to pray, and it's a good way to pray without having to think about what you're saying/thinking/doing too much. It's also something people often do in memory of others, so saying a rosary and offering up the intention for your nana could be a good move for you.

I'll keep you/her in my prayers, and try and remember to put her as my intention when I say my rosary tomorrow.
vanderwoodsen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Aula)
TLG has pretty much said what I was going to say, but if you ever want to PM me, feel free :cute:

It might be worth doing something like a rosary? There are some fantastic guides on the Internet on how to pray, and it's a good way to pray without having to think about what you're saying/thinking/doing too much. It's also something people often do in memory of others, so saying a rosary and offering up the intention for your nana could be a good move for you.

I'll keep you/her in my prayers, and try and remember to put her as my intention when I say my rosary tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much, that's really lovely❤

Your idea is a fantastic one. My nanna was absolutely dedicated to Mary and the rosary, so saying a rosary would be a lovely way to remember her and sort of start the process of getting back into things.

I said the rosary tonight. It was nice, it's just hard to explain how I feel. It feels like there's some sort of wall between me and God, and I'm struggling to break it down and feel any sort of connection. :/
Aula
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much, that's really lovely❤

Your idea is a fantastic one. My nanna was absolutely dedicated to Mary and the rosary, so saying a rosary would be a lovely way to remember her and sort of start the process of getting back into things.

I said the rosary tonight. It was nice, it's just hard to explain how I feel. It feels like there's some sort of wall between me and God, and I'm struggling to break it down and feel any sort of connection. :/
I completely understand what you mean! The huge resource of written prayer we have is something I find really useful when I struggle. It's worth remembering that (Saint!) Mother Theresa felt the same, as have many saints and holy people throughout history.

An important thing to remember is that any block or wall is there because of you/Satan, and not because of God.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Sorry for the late reply - was travelling to the USA. Replies will be slow for the next 10 days but so glad you've met Aula now - she's wonderful and been very supoortibe of my own faith journey.

It's hard when you feel a block but persevere in faith. I feel a block a lot of the time and I know it's not easy. But God is there and He hears you

Posted from TSR Mobile
queen-bee
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you, I hope you did too. Have you managed to get along to HTB yet? They are starting their Alpha course soon, you might have seen Bear Grylls advertising it.

I'm all honesty,I haven't as I've a hectic life right now. Thank you for reminding me,I will make sure I go some time this month.*
Racoon
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by queen-bee)
I'm all honesty,I haven't as I've a hectic life right now. Thank you for reminding me,I will make sure I go some time this month.*
:borat:
queen-bee
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
:borat:
do you visit frequently?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (17)
30.36%
No (39)
69.64%

Watched Threads