Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    His form was pretty much the only reason, Suarez and Sturridge were still scoring a goal a game between them but we were scoring 3-4 every game, half off the back of his penalties and the rest off the back of his set pieces. But obviously it's not just that, he was outstanding. If you're judging solely on last season then yeah he's definitely in, you can't leave him out, but I wouldn't judge the 'ten best players for the PL' on the back of just one season.

edit: also saying 'many' is unfair - I can't remember many other than myself advocating him being dropped. My issues were with him and Lucas as a partnership - as soon as he got injured, and we switched to 4-3-3 with Lucas holding alone, we beat Tottenham 5-0 and then went on to dominate the second half of the season with Gerrard lone pivot, Lucas not playing. So I was right about the issue, just Stevie decided to reinvent himself

Just depends on how you want to make your list. Lol, nobody is overrating him based on 05-06, his best season was 08-09 probably and after that it was this last season. Not being overrated at all lately
    It depends how you want to go about the list I guess. I see more of a top 10 player from last season. If you want to say top 10 player in the league, then I don't see how you can ridicule anyone that wants to include Ozil.

From pretty much August to January go to the Liverpool thread and I'd see a lot of comment asking for him to be dropped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    what top ams is cazorla keeping out the squad? he's purely making up the numbers and wouldn't be there if thiago wasnt injured

keepers: valdez, lopez, casillas, de gea

i think it's quite hard to be picked as a keeper for spain as lopez not being included shows :-)

same in regards to llorente/negredo missing out

del bosque is known for picking his favourites cazorla is one of them players don't kid yourself otherwise
    :lol:

Gotta commend your persistence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)

if you think i'm gonna stand by and accept him saying cazorla is a 25m player uve got me all wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)

See what I mean just absolute rubbish. He's just anti-arsenal tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    It depends how you want to go about the list I guess. I see more of a top 10 player from last season. If you want to say top 10 player in the league, then I don't see how you can ridicule anyone that wants to include Ozil.

From pretty much August to January go to the Liverpool thread and I'd see a lot of comment asking for him to be dropped.
    Really? I mentioned it a few a lot of times and everyone went berserk at the notion of Gerrard being dropped.

ReputationRep:
    cazorla aged 29 probs isn't a £25m player

you paid £15m and you'd get that back, I doubt much extra

transfer fee doesn't mean much as to how good he actually is though

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Barcelona still haven't paid off the entire fee for Song/Fabregas, so if get him it would be in the range of 15-17M, assuming they haven't made a significant payment of some sort since June 2013...

Wenger will find a way to accommodate Cesc. I'm not too worried about that.

ReputationRep:
    If we got Cesc for that cheap id be gob smacked. Especially with the amount we'd have remaining to spend on other places like RB/CB LW and striker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You lot should bid 40m + 1 Battenberg cake for Yaya while you're at it. Seriously though if you get Cesc everyone will be mirin that midfield first 11..

ReputationRep:
    DM Ramsey
    Walcott Ozil Cazorla
    Cesc

:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Cesc back to Arsenal, THE GLORY DAYS WILL BE BACK

Ozil, Carzola, Wilishere, Ramsey, Rocisky, Oxlade-chambelain, Arteta, Fabregas

THAT MIDFIELD :arsenal: we will win the premier league.

ReputationRep:
    DM Ramsey
    Walcott Ozil Cazorla
    Cesc

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Remy is ours! Cesc though...

ReputationRep:
    Just imagine guys. You could have signed Suarez last Summer and Cesc this Summer. You'd be far and away the strongest team in the league. But no, Wenger ****ed up EVERYTHING.

ReputationRep:
    If we can somehow get Aurier, Cesc and Vela/Remy then that's a title winning team tbh. I would take Remy over Vela at this stage because he's PL proven.

Flamini Ramsey

Walcott Ozil Remy

Cesc

Only worry for this system is that it's too attacking but in essence that's Ramsey/Walcott/Remy who would get 20 goals and Cesc would chip in with 15.

That depth for the front six is just ridiculous too. Ox, Santi, Wilshere, Giroud etc to come in when we have two games in a week. Haven't included the back six as I'd expect it to stay the same apart from Aurier coming in obv. Hopefully we keep hold of Verm too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    DM Ramsey
    Walcott Ozil Cazorla
    Cesc

Cazorla should not be used as a LW, do not understand Arsenes obsession with fitting him and Ozil into the same team.

Cazorla and Arteta need to be squad players next season at best if we harbour serious ambitions of the title. Should only use them against the weaker sides. Would preferably try and flog Arteta back to a mid table team for a pittance and Santi for £10-15m to a Spanish team if we get Cesc tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Over the past few seasons you had reasons not to spend. This time the cash is there... but no one wants to join you (except at the last minute). History is gonna repeat itself

ReputationRep:
    What's your take on Remy at Arsenal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why are we putting Cesc up front?

It's not going to be the perfect window. If we do buy Cesc or a new LW then I can see Cazorla or Poldi wanting to leave. They're not our best players but Cazorla is definitely much more than just a bench warmer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Why are we putting Cesc up front?

It's not going to be the perfect window. If we do buy Cesc or a new LW then I can see Cazorla or Poldi wanting to leave. They're not our best players but Cazorla is definitely much more than just a bench warmer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We need depth ffs, no on should be going, unless it's Arteta!

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.