Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Aspas getting a hat-trick is unbelievable in itself, let alone that time frame.

ReputationRep:
    Screw Origi, bring back Aspas xD

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez FC get their customary late winner (not that they didn't deserve it).
    it's a shame; get a stab of bitterness every time that man scores for them.

at least spurs, everton and soton dropped points.
    up th 8th, suddenly not looking at ridiculously depressing!

looking city city and chelsea will run away and hopefully soton will carry on dropping points (1 from last 9 i believe)
    then we just gotta worry about keeping in touch with united and arsenal
    but i'm getting ahead of myself; on to sunderland!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    That Arsenal result is massive..
    Huge result - not just for the points, but the mental lift, too.

Gutted for Southampton - but the Alderweireld injury caused them to play the last portion of the game with just 10 men. Two tough results for them, they need to show the character to bounce back. I'm convinced they'll get a Europa League spot.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone still know why you guys didn't sign Remy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Because Lambert & Mario are better.

Hehehehe

ReputationRep:
    Failed a medical due to insurance reasons I think.

ReputationRep:
    Lol why would you want Remy when you can buy Balotelli?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Remy would of been the perfect backup to Sturridge....

ReputationRep:
    Something in the medical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Failed a medical due to insurance reasons I think.
    Something in the medical.
    But not serious enough to stop us/Newcastle/QPR/Marseille from signing him?

I wonder if you that was just an excuse to cancel the transfer, and you guys had another player lined up...

Or maybe the medical team really did screw up on this one...

ReputationRep:
    But not serious enough to stop us/Newcastle/QPR/Marseille from signing him?

I wonder if you that was just an excuse to cancel the transfer, and you guys had another player lined up...

Or maybe the medical team really did screw up on this one...
    A medical doesnt determine if a player is to be signed or not, it flags issue and then a business decision is made by the club. Perhaps the concern was that Sturridge was injury prone and therefore we didn't want to take a risk on another in Remy?

Don't forget how little Remy has played for Chelsea. Makes it a lot less likely that he will get injured.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    Yeah, you could've gone for him this summer tbh. Even Valdes would be a step up, though Mignolet is not helped by an unsettled defence in front of him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Valdes is supposedly back training with us. I don't understand why we're in for him, he's not going to take De Gea's place and Lindegaard is a perfectly able #2. Just makes me increasingly paranoid that we're going to lose De Gea to Madrid next summer.

A medical doesnt determine if a player is to be signed or not, it flags issue and then a business decision is made by the club. Perhaps the concern was that Sturridge was injury prone and therefore we didn't want to take a risk on another in Remy?

Don't forget how little Remy has played for Chelsea. Makes it a lot less likely that he will get injured.
    It's probably just a case of finances. Chelsea can afford to take a gamble on a 100k p/w player who won't necessarily play every week, whereas Liverpool can't. Borini's decision to stay probably affected it too, he's on quite a hefty wage isn't he?

ReputationRep:
    Borini is on like 40k

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Valdes is supposedly back training with us. I don't understand why we're in for him, he's not going to take De Gea's place and Lindegaard is a perfectly able #2. Just makes me increasingly paranoid that we're going to lose De Gea to Madrid next summer.
    Wouldn't mind Lloris myself to replace DDG. I can't see him staying unfortunately, when Madrid come calling it's bye bye Manchester

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    Wouldn't mind Lloris myself to replace DDG. I can't see him staying unfortunately, when Madrid come calling it's bye bye Manchester

Posted from TSR Mobile
    After Carrick & Berbatov (and the way he cheated us out of a fee for Fryers) I don't want us ever dealing with Levy again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    After Carrick & Berbatov I don't want us ever dealing with Levy again.
    He's a pathetic parasite yeah. Worst are Italian clubs though, absolutely detest negotiating with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Remy failing the medical coincided with Borini announcing he wanted to stay. I'm not one for conspiracy theories but one does wonder.

ReputationRep:
    When is Sturridge projected to return? I do miss him as a player.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Sanchez FC get their customary late winner (not that they didn't deserve it).
    it's a shame; get a stab of bitterness every time that man scores for them.
    Don't hate, Appreciate

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.