The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6260
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9186957.stm

Terry, Cole and Agbonlahor pull out, and are replaced by Cahill and Warnock. (and Carlton Cole)

Gibbs will probably get a start then.
Hopefully Capello follows SAF's example and puts Smalling up front to launch balls up to :sogood:
I'm guessing anyone who is questioning Bothroyd's call up hasn't seen him play at all this year.

He's by far the best forward in the championship right now, and could easily get into several premier league sides. There's a reason why manchester united have had a scout looking at him.
I think it's only Kevmonster who questioned Bothroyd's inclusion, but as he also supported Smalling's inclusion it's safe to say he hasn't got a bloody clue :mmm:

It is a surprise that Bothroyd is there though, especially considering that Capello hadn't heard of Darren Bent until a few weeks before the world cup :facepalm2:
Bothroyd won't do anything.
I know times are tough at Utd but there's no way they're looking at a 28yr old journeyman forward, who is championship level. But y'know, after the world cup debacle perhaps England have lowered expectations enough to call up second rate footballers....
Original post by Kevmeister
I know times are tough at Utd but there's no way they're looking at a 28yr old journeyman forward, who is championship level.

Well the fact they have had a scout at a couple of Cardiff games this season looking at Jay says all you need to know. (And its not the first time we've seen united scouts in Cardiff either - Ramsey very nearly went there instead of Arsenal).

At the end of the day, he is a better player than most people give him credit for. The only reason people put him down is down to the lack of success in his career. If you have seen him play this year, as I said, he is by far the best forward in the league and should be playing in the premiership.
Original post by WelshBluebird
Well the fact they have had a scout at a couple of Cardiff games this season looking at Jay says all you need to know. (And its not the first time we've seen united scouts in Cardiff either - Ramsey very nearly went there instead of Arsenal).

At the end of the day, he is a better player than most people give him credit for. The only reason people put him down is down to the lack of success in his career. If you have seen him play this year, as I said, he is by far the best forward in the league and should be playing in the premiership.

We all know Jay is the only one that plays for/against Cardiff.....

At the end of the day Utd's transfer policy dictates that Jay won't be signing for us, due to his age, nevermind the fact he's not good enough for Utd. Perhaps he'd do well at Bolton or somewhere like that.....
Reply 6268
Excited about seeing Carroll start tomorrow :smile:
Reply 6269
England U21's have just gone 2-0 down against Germany U21's - they've had their substitute Keeper sent off so Henri Lansbury's had to go in goal :colondollar: He let the resulting penalty in, by the way, but has since made a simple save.

Love seeing an outfield player in goal
Reply 6270
And for anyone who wants to watch it, it's streaming here - http://falive.octopusmt.com/ on 'FA TV'
Wilshere and Jagielka both missed training today with injuries, this is an absolute disaster. Could we not just call it off?
Original post by Louis1991
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9186957.stm

Terry, Cole and Agbonlahor pull out, and are replaced by Cahill and Warnock. (and Carlton Cole)

Gibbs will probably get a start then.

I hope Capello permanently ****s these two off.
Ashley Cole is our only world class player though :colonhash:

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,13320_6486286,00.html
Original post by hogso
England U21's have just gone 2-0 down against Germany U21's - they've had their substitute Keeper sent off so Henri Lansbury's had to go in goal :colondollar: He let the resulting penalty in, by the way, but has since made a simple save.

Love seeing an outfield player in goal

It's one of the most epic things in football. :smile:
Original post by Jeppasloth
I hope Capello permanently ****s these two off.

So you'd happily get rid of Ashley Cole...:hmmm:
Original post by WelshBluebird
I'm guessing anyone who is questioning Bothroyd's call up hasn't seen him play at all this year.

He's by far the best forward in the championship right now, and could easily get into several premier league sides. There's a reason why manchester united have had a scout looking at him.

But we all know that Man United WON'T sign Bothroyd....
Bothroyd has scored in 7 consecutive games, thats all.

Man Utd signed Mame Biram Diouf because he scored a hat-trick while they were scouting him, and then they splashed out £8million on a homeless ****.
Original post by marcusmerehay
Bothroyd has scored in 7 consecutive games, thats all.

Man Utd signed Mame Biram Diouf because he scored a hat-trick while they were scouting him, and then they splashed out £8million on a homeless ****.

Those two were young, not journeymen 28 year olds.
And now Joe Hart is out :facepalm2:

Latest