Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: to all. Mathy, please don't collapse and cry you'll be ok. small steps. each bit of work you do is an achievement. well done hun :hugs:

psyk, have you got friends besides your housemates? maybe try spending time with other people?
becki08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hbandtr4eva)
You feeling any better at all hun? :hugs:
Yeah I am I think. Well I don't actually feel anything except numb and exhausted but that's better than last night. I'm just scared I upset people I talked to. I've texted them quite a few times but they haven't replied. I know they'll forgive me so I'm not worried about that, I just really don't want to have upset them (I was very worked up and I ended up mentioning how worried I was about them dying - she's got anorexia - and I really hope I haven't made her feel bad or guilty because I didn't mean to)
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
omg im so ******* mad. my ******* **** gp cut off my valium supply. I got temazepam to help me sleep but im gona have to take that in the day cos im running out of all my anxiolytics. does he want cut? Why is he trying to sabotage my life? He tried to send me to the local nut house for therapy. I just want what I know works, not some other moron to 'help' me with useless platitudes and crap analogies. And I had to wait an hour and a half for that.
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
god I ought to just kill myself. that would show him. *******.
hbandtr4eva
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
Yeah I am I think. Well I don't actually feel anything except numb and exhausted but that's better than last night. I'm just scared I upset people I talked to. I've texted them quite a few times but they haven't replied. I know they'll forgive me so I'm not worried about that, I just really don't want to have upset them (I was very worked up and I ended up mentioning how worried I was about them dying - she's got anorexia - and I really hope I haven't made her feel bad or guilty because I didn't mean to)
I feel numb too, it's horrible. I hate it. I'm sure you haven't upset them, I get worried about upsetting my friends, but they know you hun, they know you won't have been trying to hurt them. As hard as it is, try not to worry. I know it's hard with anorexia, I lost a friend to it. She'll know you didn't mean to upset her :hugs: PM me if you want my number so you can text me when you're not feeling good. Don't blame yourself though, it's not your fault :hugs:
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
omg im so ******* mad. my ******* **** gp cut off my valium supply. I got temazepam to help me sleep but im gona have to take that in the day cos im running out of all my anxiolytics. does he want cut? Why is he trying to sabotage my life? He tried to send me to the local nut house for therapy. I just want what I know works, not some other moron to 'help' me with useless platitudes and crap analogies. And I had to wait an hour and a half for that.
Did he have a reason for taking you off it? Did you say you weren't happy? I'd consider going back to see someone else
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well he gave me something for sleep and 'didn't want to prescribe 2 things at once'. I have to go back if im still anxious after trying the temazepam. I've had anxiety since I was 15, I don't see how this next 2 weeks is going to be different.
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
well he gave me something for sleep and 'didn't want to prescribe 2 things at once'. I have to go back if im still anxious after trying the temazepam. I've had anxiety since I was 15, I don't see how this next 2 weeks is going to be different.
could you not have got stronger sleeping tablets by some other means? (i assume your run-of-the-mill ones don't work on you).
I'm having massive trouble sleeping these days. i end up lying in a cold sweat until about 5am before finally nodding off. it's horrible. i actually dread going to sleep sometimes.

hope the rest of you are all ok. hugs and whatnot for all :hugs:
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ive never had sleeping tablets before so I didn't want anything heavy duty.
fairy spangles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
oh i cant stand this anymore i just need to cry - so far this year have no uni, no job i cant take this anymore im sick of sitting here all day every day. Its beginning to get worse like last time i know where this is gonna end - just when i thought all my health problems were over things get 20x worse.
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fairy spangles)
oh i cant stand this anymore i just need to cry - so far this year have no uni, no job i cant take this anymore im sick of sitting here all day every day. Its beginning to get worse like last time i know where this is gonna end - just when i thought all my health problems were over things get 20x worse.
talk to me! what's up? :hugs:
fairy spangles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
talk to me! what's up? :hugs:
Thanks
I cant stop crying i know it sounds daft i try not to let it get to me that im not at uni for a year but honestly it physically hurts when everyone tells me about something they are doing. Most people are leaving next year and im slowley loosing the will to do my course even though its what ive wanted to do like forever.
Oh and i sort of got made redundant.
Life sucks and im slowly getting the to point where i dont care anymore last time it got really really bad.
Mathy, Ace from Space
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks
I cant stop crying i know it sounds daft i try not to let it get to me that im not at uni for a year but honestly it physically hurts when everyone tells me about something they are doing. Most people are leaving next year and im slowley loosing the will to do my course even though its what ive wanted to do like forever.
Life sucks and im slowly getting the to point where i dont care anymore last time it got really really bad.
:hugs:
I feel the same way sometimes.
I used to want to do law forever, then I started to regret choosing it - and I felt exactly the same way when I thought about it more and more.
But trust me - it gets better. I'm thinking of switiching courses now, and talking to people has made me feel so much better about it. :hugs:
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You're taking a year out then? What happened? You don't need to feel behind. One of my old friends is only going to start uni after most people my age have finished! Don't be hard on yourself for it. It doesn't mean things won't work out next time if they didn't last time. Look forward to going back but try and enjoy the time you have before you leave your hometown again.
How come? It's normal to feel bad when you lose a job though, it's a big thing to happen. Don't be hard on yourself for that either. you couldn't have helped it.
You can do it. Hope I've helped. Big big virtual hugs!
fairy spangles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bit different for me - i have to wait until august to retake an exam because i was really ill i failed so now everyone is a year ahead of me. It makes me want to cry because i really really want to be doing my course but i cant for another year - but i feel like im loosing motivation and i just think im a huge failure. People keep telling me how well ive been doing but its left me feeling like this again. Which is why it hurts so much when i see everyone moving forward and im not.

I hope you feel happier in your new course.

I think you were writing your reply at the same time as me - thanks for helping - i hate bieng like this (again) i dont quite know how to stop the cycle.
bansheeee*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm back at uni,..wish i was still at home i think this uni is too good for me,i feel really inadequate here!
Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
psyk, have you got friends besides your housemates? maybe try spending time with other people?
At the moment, none that are free. People on my course are busy doing work and revising and another friend who I normally spend a fair amount of time with is away this week. Anyway, he's having issues with his flatmates too (issues that aren't just in his head like mine).
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hbandtr4eva)
I feel numb too, it's horrible. I hate it. I'm sure you haven't upset them, I get worried about upsetting my friends, but they know you hun, they know you won't have been trying to hurt them. As hard as it is, try not to worry. I know it's hard with anorexia, I lost a friend to it. She'll know you didn't mean to upset her :hugs: PM me if you want my number so you can text me when you're not feeling good. Don't blame yourself though, it's not your fault :hugs:

:hugs: I hate the numbness too but it's better than last night so I can put up with it today. How are you now? :hugs:

I've heard from my friend and she said not to be sorry. I still don't know whether I upset her but at least things are ok between us. I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. Mine is very ill with it at the moment and I'm terrified of losing her as well but she's going into an eating disorders unit this week so I hope that helps.

Thanks for your support :hugs:

---

Just had a really horrible research study thing and nearly got into a panic attack. Was very anxious and am still very shaky now. Calmed down a bit though and am no longer scared of another panic attack which is good.
Comm Tiger
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had a panic attack last night, or I thought it was. I got really scared and felt trapped, as if i was going to die or was in Hell. I've never had one before, I hope I don't have another...
starchild
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I should have dinner but I cant eat much because Im overweight, what do I do
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (322)
37.49%
No - but I will (67)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (408)
47.5%

Watched Threads