Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reallys)
    how can I get hold of one.
    Normally during freshers week. You'll only save a few quid though.

Any reputable medical supply website will do. E.g. medisave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)

amazon selling for 56
    worth buying off them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reallys)
    amazon selling for 56
    worth buying off them?
    Can't you work this out for yourself?

ReputationRep:

This. Just use the voucher, think it expires by December. I didn't use mine until actually needed to buy one - but then had to pay full price as it had expired. I bought a Littman Classic II SE and that's the standard one.

MDU gave us a mini Oxford handbook of clinical medicine for free for joining, don't think the year below got them. So incredibly useful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan)
    This. Just use the voucher, think it expires by December. I didn't use mine until actually needed to buy one - but then had to pay full price as it had expired. I bought a Littman Classic II SE and that's the standard one.

MDU gave us a mini Oxford handbook of clinical medicine for free for joining, don't think the year below got them. So incredibly useful!
    The MDU gave us a medical dictionary. The other group were handing out a clinical examinations handbook which is actually really good.

Wouldn't have minded an oxford handbook tho.

ReputationRep:
    The BMA are giving away medical dictionaries to members who bring a friend to some event, and if you go along as a non-member you get a signed copy of K&C. Can't remember when/where, else a new copy of K&C would have come in handy next year.

ReputationRep:
    FPAS is *such* a drag.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    The BMA are giving away medical dictionaries to members who bring a friend to some event, and if you go along as a non-member you get a signed copy of K&C. Can't remember when/where, else a new copy of K&C would have come in handy next year.
    BMA House 23rd November.

I deleted the email last night :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    FPAS is *such* a drag.
    At least you know your actually applying.
    Im sitting here staring at a blank application form trying to decide if this is actually what I want to do with my life and whether its worth applying this year because i sence a forced gap year coming along.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    So.......... there is so much more to do this year! Only 3 weeks in, and im feeling the burn. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    FPAS is *such* a drag.
    Yeah...

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please reiterate the reasons why we're going into this profession?

I forget mine immediately after the interview, and need them again now that I'm crippled by debt and other friends are 'living' on 45k

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzcat)
    Can someone please reiterate the reasons why we're going into this profession?

I forget mine immediately after the interview, and need them again now that I'm crippled by debt and other friends are 'living' on 45k
    Thankfully the vast majority of my friends are either on JSA or working pretty much minimum wage.

If put on the spot now and made to reinterview, I'm not sure I could explain why I want to do this.

ReputationRep:
    Stand back everyone. I now know how to lift up a box safely.

ReputationRep:
    Wow ;D

Can I just ask wtf that thing in your signature is?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I had to do one of those induction days before I could start volunteering in a hospital...spent about one and a half hours explaining how to evaluate the potential contents of a box, then how to prepare yourself for lifting it, then...eventually - lifting it. :shot:

(Original post by colabottles)
    Wow ;D

Can I just ask wtf that thing in your signature is?! :eek:
    I KNOW I KNOW

(Sorry for butting in xD)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury(II)_thiocyanate

Mercury Thiocyanate + Fire makes it go all mental (My sister posts these sorts of things on my Facebook wall :cool: )

[I shall now leave this thread, I don't belong here, though hopefully one day I will! :getmecoat:]

ReputationRep:
    Flat. State. Eurgh. I've decided to become a recluse and just focus on my studies. Top decile ... here I come.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PRSOM :rofl:

How many hours did they spend teaching you that? :erm:

Missing tables tonight so that I can turn up to at least the first medsoc GP placement without a hangover :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carcinoma)
    So.......... there is so much more to do this year! Only 3 weeks in, and im feeling the burn. :eek:
    What year are you in now? 2nd year? I think you really notice a big change with every year. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Missing tables tonight so that I can turn up to at least the first medsoc GP placement without a hangover :sigh:
    Weak.

(I have never vomited copiously on medsoc in second year)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.