Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toomanyquestions)
    I did! I really hated the exam... I think it's unfair - there are some people in my class who have a real talent for drama but struggled with the written paper and come out with grades that are way lower than they deserve. Good luck for tomorrow!
    I didn't like the exam either! I was really angry because some people didn't even try as hard as I did in the controlled assessment but got higher marks! I am one mark off an A* in the c.a element, which puts a lot of pressure on the exam result , which unfortunately has high grade boundaries ! My teacher gave us no help whatsoever for the exam, so all of us died when we got the paper ... Grr... I really wanted an A* in drama as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm dreading opening that envelope, I've read the articles how schools are prepared for the harshest marking yet and grade predictions to fall dramatically, the usual doom and gloom in other words. I've got a lot riding on that piece of paper, namely a very elitist sixth form place and all I'm envisioning now is imminent disappointment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilyZo)
    I'm dreading opening that envelope, I've read the articles how schools are prepared for the harshest marking yet and grade predictions to fall dramatically, the usual doom and gloom in other words. I've got a lot riding on that piece of paper, namely a very elitist sixth form place and all I'm envisioning now is imminent disappointment
    The C grade boundary is what is getting hit the most, you have no reason to worry ;p

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got called in early?:eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to it in a weird way. As long as I get back into school, I really don't mind what I get (provided it's a B or higher) and although I was nervous, now i'm just genuinely interested to know how I did :P

saying that, I probably should be worrying at this point, arrgh idk anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    It doesn't really make a difference - if you could apply to 5, there would be more people applying to each uni so the competition would be just as much, if not more.
    Yeah that's true I would have just liked more chances y'know? Oh well no big deal just means we make better decisions I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Has anyone got called in early?:eek:
    YES. It was so they can take photos because we got 'good' results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsn0b0dy)
    I think that's right. With 4 options, it's difficult to get the balance right between the best universities that you have a small chance of getting to, and other universities which aren't quite as good but you've got a bigger chance of getting into. Fortunately, we've still got some time to decide!
    Exactly how i feel! Yeah you're right we do have time and A-Levels will probably put a whole different slant on things!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WesterosWildling)
    YES. It was so they can take photos because we got 'good' results.
    Omg snap!! My parents are so relieved, but i won't feel satisfied until i open that envelope Wonder what 'good' actually means? Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    That worrying feeling when you haven't been called in for photos.I don't even know whether my school do that sort of thing.The school takes photos but it might not call people to take them.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, what do you think the English AQA grade boundries will be?
    I got 80/90 in my controlled Assessment which is 60%.....
    so what garde will that be..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theJdog)
    Same to you You nervous?
    Thanks Very Nervous...What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hows everyone feeling?!!?!?! having looked at grade boundaries im kinda excited about tomorrow now

ReputationRep:
    Not long now

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I seriously need help xD I've chosen Physics, Chemistry and Spanish so far as my A level options, but for my last one I'm drawn between Geography and French I enjoy them both equally, I want to have a career in Languages but i worried that French would be way to much work combined with the other subjects I'm doing. So advice please!

ReputationRep:
    Only 17 hours to go... my life changes tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I am actually very scared about tomorrow.
    I screwed up German SO BAD I :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1214Jack1214)
    Guys, I seriously need help xD I've chosen Physics, Chemistry and Spanish so far as my A level options, but for my last one I'm drawn between Geography and French I enjoy them both equally, I want to have a career in Languages but i worried that French would be way to much work combined with the other subjects I'm doing. So advice please!
    If you want a career in languages take French- if you love them then you'll enjoy the work.
    I would never take a language to A-Level though, I've always thought you would have to be so good to do it-the GCSE French and GCSE German are very challenging.You are going to be virtually fluent in Spanish next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1214Jack1214)
    ur doing some pretty intense subjects and both Geog and french are gnna equally be hard to balance ....id suggest choosing french though...cos if you really want to do languages as a career i say the more the better lol plus from my KS3 and GCSE experience for both...i think i can say they complement each other pretty well but im not too sure im not a language expert..this is just my opinion

ReputationRep:
    Has the AQA UMS conversion updated for anyone? I don't see June 2013...

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.