Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    We need depth ffs, no on should be going, unless it's Arteta!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is Cazorla going to want to stay around just to play against small teams in the fa cup?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    Is Cazorla going to want to stay around just to play against small teams in the fa cup?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well he does nothing against the big teams anyway!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    would probably play against midtable and lower opposition too, just not big games.

if sagna is joining city for 150k fair play to him lol, commandin that kind of fee to sit on the bench. sagna hypnotisin them sheikhs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    DM Ramsey
    Walcott Ozil Cazorla
    Cesc

:sexface:
    Spoiling the party here, but imagine that coming up against a midfield duo of Ramires-Matic, or Yaya-Fernandinho?

They'd be stopped in their tracks, with no real prospect of running back and winning the ball again.

Imo, you dont need Fabregas. Hampers Wilshere + Ox development, and will make you weaker defensively.

You need 2 defensive midfielders and a striker. Get that, and you're serious title contenders.

ReputationRep:
    If the following deals happen, this summer would be absolutely stunning.

Fabregas
    Vela and/or Griezman
    Remy
    Aurier
    Backup keeper
    Mayyybeee if we really push it, Khadera or gustavo

Only a fool would not consider us to challenge everything with those additions to our current squad- we may even win the big games!

AR_95, Cesc has been played up top loads of times for barca, to fill in the gap for either Messi or when David Villa was out, and I'm sure he's now versatile enough to sometimes play up top for us, CAM or even alongside Ramsey. Nontheless, there is absolutely no reason for us not to buy him.

Ask yourself, would you rather see him in a united shirt with RVP? Honestly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    If the following deals happen, this summer would be absolutely stunning.

Fabregas
    Vela and/or Griezman
    Remy
    Aurier
    Backup keeper
    Mayyybeee if we really push it, Khadera or gustavo

Only a fool would not consider us to challenge everything with those additions to our current squad- we may even win the big games!

AR_95, Cesc has been played up top loads of times for barca, to fill in the gap for either Messi or when David Villa was out, and I'm sure he's now versatile enough to sometimes play up top for us, CAM or even alongside Ramsey. Nontheless, there is absolutely no reason for us not to buy him.

Ask yourself, would you rather see him in a united shirt with RVP? Honestly?
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-30m-move.html

Unlucky

Also are you seriously suggesting Remy is your title winning 30+ goals a season striker?

ReputationRep:
    NOT CITY. For gods sake - come to Chelsea at least.

Unlucky guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayles101)

Unlucky

Also are you seriously suggesting Remy is your title winning 30+ goals a season striker?
    Tbh distinct lack of quotes in that article, and I'm not so sure Id believe it even if Wenger said it outright.

I'd also say Remy is probably good enough assuming he has someone like Ozil behind him. Arsenal do get a fair few midfield goals from the wide areas and Ramsey it would seem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayles101)

Unlucky

Firstly, it's the telegraph.

Secondly, no. All of those signings would boost us, not Remy alone. If we pushed for the title for the longest part of the season with only Giroud, then I don't think we need a huge turnaround up front to actually win it.

All we need is world class depth, to prevent a march crumble which is usually down to injuries.

We do have one of the best squads in the league when everyone is fit, we showed that in the first half of the season

ReputationRep:
    No quotes provided, sounds like they are making a presumption based on us struggling to accomodate him.

This is going to drag on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Tbh distinct lack of quotes in that article, and I'm not so sure Id believe it even if Wenger said it outright.

I'd also say Remy is probably good enough assuming he has someone like Ozil behind him. Arsenal do get a fair few midfield goals from the wide areas and Ramsey it would seem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    this tbh, we wont move for him unless anyone else in the PL does.

ReputationRep:
    When it's reported he's coming with no quotes it's gospel but when he's not coming with no quotes it's just paper talk

ReputationRep:
    Swap Remy for Bendtner + cash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    When it's reported he's coming with no quotes it's gospel but when he's not coming with no quotes it's just paper talk
    It's not been reported he's coming to Arsenal, anywhere, only that he's leaving and by multiple reliable sources.

I highly doubt Matt Law can read Wenger's mind or has a personal relationship with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Swap Remy for Bendtner + cash.
    Bendtner is out of contract so he's not ours to swap.

Not that he'd ever stoop low enough to play for QPR anyway.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    What's your take on Remy at Arsenal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good signing upgrade on Giroud. I'd like it if we went in for someone like Kevin Volland as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    It's not been reported he's coming to Arsenal, anywhere, only that he's leaving and by multiple reliable sources.

I highly doubt Matt Law can read Wenger's mind or has a personal relationship with him.
    I meant reported as he's leaving with no quotes and it's taken as gospel

Who's to say this guys source is worse than the sources saying he's leaving

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    I meant reported as he's leaving with no quotes and it's taken as gospel

Who's to say this guys source is worse than the sources saying he's leaving
    Tbh many jouno's read him leaving from what Enrique said when asked about players, he was more vague about his future than the other players he was asked about. Basically confirmation through a lack of denial.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Tbh many jouno's read him leaving from what Enrique said when asked about players, he was more vague about his future than the other players he was asked about. Basically confirmation through a lack of denial.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Reliable sources were saying he was open to joining utd last season though and then by the end of the window we were hearing they were never really an option

ReputationRep:
    10 mil is a steal for remy
    he will net 25+ gols ga-ran-tee lads

giruu should only play home games the *******

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.