Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyou)
    I hate the fact I'm not closer with Allah.
    I hate the fact that I don't feel like I'm emulating the Prophet (pbuh)
    I hate the fact I'm not as close with the Quran as I used to be

I feel like life is just boring and honestly worthless. Is there anyway to get over this? I know this life is a test and the real life is the akhirah, but...
    Yes there is a way to get over this. Allah says: “Verily, Allah will not change the (good) condition of a people as long as they do not change their state" [al-Ra’d 13:11]

You can make this change inshaAllah. There is no point feeling like this if you are not willing to take that step.

If you are not closer to Allah then become closer to Allah. I know it is easier said than done but you will later realise the beauty of Islam and your love for Allah will increase inshaAllah. Alhamdulillah that you have recognised this, it is a sign.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by User1212)
    Why doesn't he help? ( i am being serious)
    Hey i'm not sure what that question was specifically about but this video explains it quite well:
    youtube. com/watch?v=jmsYjCsLUkg
    also
    youtube. com/watch?v=5VI8aczWczM

ReputationRep:
    I've got a question for all of you lot. So I've joined the Pak Soc at Uni and I really like this girl, how do I do this in a halal way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZAYN.)
    I've got a question for all of you lot. So I've joined the Pak Soc at Uni and I really like this girl, how do I do this in a halal way?
    I'm sorry it's not a personal response and it's a video but i think Mufti Menk can explain it much better than I can, check this out:
    www.youtube . com/watch?v=yAFrYwN0fL4
    He has a series with mufti menk, as far as I know he has answered the question but if not then please say what's missing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyBigBellybutton)
    I'm sorry it's not a personal response and it's a video but i think Mufti Menk can explain it much better than I can, check this out:
    www.youtube . com/watch?v=yAFrYwN0fL4
    He has a series with mufti menk, as far as I know he has answered the question but if not then please say what's missing
    thanks for the quick response bro, I'l give it a watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZAYN.)
    Ask Allah to faciliate things for you, take a deep breath, and speak to her wali.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZAYN.)
    thanks for the quick response bro, I'l give it a watch
    Np
    i'm not sure if it's mentioned in that video but also you can ask for her wali's number (that's what Ali Dawah did with his wife i believe)

ReputationRep:
    Np
    i'm not sure if it's mentioned in that video but also you can ask for her wali's number (that's what Ali Dawah did with his wife i believe)
    Yeah I think I've watched this video before... haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZAYN.)
    Yeah I think I've watched this video before... haha
    Oh haha, are you still missing something??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautifulxxx)
    Ask Allah to faciliate things for you, take a deep breath, and speak to her wali.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm confident but not that confident. I feel as if her dad would have a go at me over the phone haha

ReputationRep:
    Oh haha, are you still missing something??
    idk, I was just hoping for some personal advice really but that video did jog my memory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZAYN.)
    idk, I was just hoping for some personal advice really but that video did jog my memory
    Oh, sorry. I'm not sure about you personally so if i were to say anything it would be just like mufti menk saying it but not as good. I can only suggest to ask her for a wali's number or to go somewhere and bringing along a mahram to observe or something like that.
    Are you finding something hard about approaching her for her wali or something? In order to proceed you will need to get in contact with a dad or brother etc. though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leukocyte)
    SubhanAllah, this comes to mind:

Spoiler:
    Show

As Tayeeb98 said, this life is a test for all Muslims, we are all faced with different trails and tribulations. The fact that you've asked this question is the sort of reaction expected, as Muslims we should have hope and be optimistic about any situation. When we hear such news we as Muslims should make dua and never neglect them. Do not forget everything happens by the decree of Allah and He is the best of all planners.

And Allahu Alam

Walaykum asalaam

One must increase their taqwa and closeness to Allah. This will take time.
    Reading the Quran and understanding it's meaning.
    Even watching Youtube videos help immensely or attending any events.
    Yeah Absolutely. I also remembered the verses in the Quran about a conversation between Allah and the angels:

Holy Quran 2:30
    ------------------
    وَإِذْ قَالَ رَبُّكَ لِلْمَلَائِكَةِ إِنِّي جَاعِلٌ فِي الْأَرْضِ خَلِيفَةً ۖ قَالُوا أَتَجْعَلُ فِيهَا مَن يُفْسِدُ فِيهَا وَيَسْفِكُ الدِّمَاءَ وَنَحْنُ نُسَبِّحُ بِحَمْدِكَ وَنُقَدِّسُ لَكَ ۖ قَالَ إِنِّي أَعْلَمُ مَا لَا تَعْلَمُونَ

And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "Verily, I am going to place (mankind) generations after generations on earth." They said: "Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood, - while we glorify You with praises and thanks (Exalted be You above all that they associate with You as partners) and sanctify You." He (Allah) said: "I know that which you do not know."

SubhanAllah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh, sorry. I'm not sure about you personally so if i were to say anything it would be just like mufti menk saying it but not as good. I can only suggest to ask her for a wali's number or to go somewhere and bringing along a mahram to observe or something like that.
    Are you finding something hard about approaching her for her wali or something? In order to proceed you will need to get in contact with a dad or brother etc. though.
    It's just that I kind of don't know what to say to this girl, it seems strange to ask for her wali's number

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZAYN.)
    I'm confident but not that confident. I feel as if her dad would have a go at me over the phone haha
    Well it's a hard thing to do there's no denying that, but alhamdilulah it comparison to many other muslim men you're doing it the right way. That's already a good sign, just make sure you have a backup to anything negative he says, and it's predictable in advance what walis say so just have a mental list lol. If its meant to be Allah will facilitate it and reward you for going about it this way, also, make istikhara before speaking to him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZAYN.)
    It's just that I kind of don't know what to say to this girl, it seems strange to ask for her wali's number
    Yeah, lol i know what you mean. I mean people find it easy to go up to a girl and ask for her number, why shouldn't it be alright to go up to her and ask for her wali's number because that's the halal way, right?.
    It might seem strange for you, but does she know your intentions already though? or is it just out of the blue kinda thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautifulxxx)
    Well it's a hard thing to do there's no denying that, but alhamdilulah it comparison to many other muslim men you're doing it the right way. That's already a good sign, just make sure you have a backup to anything negative he says, and it's predictable in advance what walis say so just have a mental list lol. If its meant to be Allah will facilitate it and reward you for going about it this way, also, make istikhara before speaking to him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cool thanks for the help , pretty sure he will say no as I'm still at uni...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZAYN.)
    Legit dislike this mentality amongst Muslim parents. They make the haram so easy and the halal so hard. Honestly ask him because if you don't then you won't find out for sure. Some parents may budge after a certain amount of nagging too so there's no harm in trying.

May Allah make it easy for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZAYN.)
    Well that's why I said you need backup answers, it doesn't say in Islam that you can't get married if you're still studying at uni. His primary concern should be marrying his daughter with someone on the deen, and althought I understand that parents have certain expectations, sometimes it's okay to bend the rule a little.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Legit dislike this mentality amongst Muslim parents. They make the haram so easy and the halal so hard. Honestly ask him because if you don't then you won't find out for sure. Some parents may budge after a certain amount of nagging too so there's no harm in trying.

May Allah make it easy for you.
    Yeah its a bit silly to be honest, that is so true

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.