Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob9001)
    yeah

this other guys parent's are so so pushy- they force him to work/go into careers like medicine/dentistry.

It really isn't good and will probably affect him in the future.
    :yep:

im happy that my mum and dad didn't follow the black/ethnic minority stereotype of wanting you to become a lawyer or a doctor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)

im happy that my mum and dad didn't follow the black/ethnic minority stereotype of wanting you to become a lawyer or a doctor
    My rents really confuse me
    My mum isnt bothered about my lil sister getting into grammar bcos if 'she has it in her, she can do it wherever she goes.'
    I'm the one pushing for it and looking into the 11+!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz_jaz)
    My rents really confuse me
    My mum isnt bothered about my lil sister getting into grammar bcos if 'she has it in her, she can do it wherever she goes.'
    I'm the one pushing for it and looking into the 11+!!!!
    My godmother once told me, that as a parent, you put in the most effort with the first one, then you let the second one and the third get away with it...

I think this is very true :yep:

ReputationRep:
    never said truer words, natty.

ReputationRep:
    My godmother once told me, that as a parent, you put in the most effort with the first one, then you let the second one and the third get away with it...

I think this is very true :yep:
    S'not the case with my parents!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsi101)
    never said truer words, natty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    S'not the case with my parents!
    How do you mean? :tongue: Take what i said with a pinch of salt, not that they get away with everything, or don't try with all their kids btw :yep:

ReputationRep:
    How do you mean? :tongue: Take what i said with a pinch of salt, not that they get away with everything, or don't try with all their kids btw :yep:
    Well, they don't really give a damn what I do, whereas with my (younger) sis, they're always trying to make her revise/tidy her room/sort herself out.
    S'always been the case, as far as I can remember.

We were having a convo at school the other day about uni and who would get homesick, and I realised...I'm not going to miss home at all.

ReputationRep:
    Well, they don't really give a damn what I do, whereas with my (younger) sis, they're always trying to make her revise/tidy her room/sort herself out.
    S'always been the case, as far as I can remember.

We were having a convo at school the other day about uni and who would get homesick, and I realised...I'm not going to miss home at all.
    Neither am I, actually.

Your sister has what my mum calls 'Second Child Syndrome', the second child is always a bit more difficult than the first :yep: I don't know tbh, kids are an enigme

Children, who would have 'em? :rolleyes: :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Neither am I, actually.

Your sister has what my mum calls 'Second Child Syndrome', the second child is always a bit more difficult than the first :yep: I don't know tbh, kids are an enigme

Children, who would have 'em? :rolleyes: :tongue:
    Yup, that's defo right. I'm an angel, me....:ninja:

They're so much effort!

ReputationRep:
    Yup, that's defo right. I'm an angel, me....:ninja:

They're so much effort!

I don't really want to have children, maybe a bit later on, I'll change my mind

ReputationRep:
    Aww, how come?

I do.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, how come?

I do.
    I dunno, I already look after my younger sister, and my half brother and sister (who are a baby and a toddler)

I just don't want to have to worry about any kids :tongue: for ages anyway

ReputationRep:
    Oh, right, fair enough then!

ReputationRep:
    Natty'd be a great mama.

ReputationRep:
    I just hope we get our ISA out of the way next week. It has been about 5 weeks since starting preparing for it (rubbish), we even did a practice run(rubbish more), and I just am disgusted it's taken so long, and thus had an effect on the work for the second module.

ReputationRep:
    who does maths???!

i hate children :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I dooo
    the maths part

ReputationRep:
    :bored:

ReputationRep:
    I'm packingggggggggggg
    I have no idea what to take.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.