Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Spanish was the first exam I struggled with and I am so scared I will get a bad grade on results day.

But I have 60% A* coursework but that will be a waste if I end up getting a D or C
    If it helps, my coursework was a B and in my mocks I got a D and an E in my papers, but altogether I got a C, so maybe with A* coursework and if you didn't do well in the papers it could still add up to a B or an A which is still amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Spanish was the first exam I struggled with and I am so scared I will get a bad grade on results day.

But I have 60% A* coursework but that will be a waste if I end up getting a D or C
    There is no chance of that happening, cause if your CAs are at an A* (That's a minimum of 162 UMS points in the bag) which means 18 UMS away from C. I highly doubt that you've picked up only 18 UMS across the two exams cause that would give you less than a F

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almahoney)
    I did edexcel spanish and it was impossible, i really hope others found it hard our tape kept bloody skipping and the questions made me have a mental breakdown, i basically just played 'Ip dip do' for both papers, what even was that festival question...can you not.
    me too haha!!! everyone in our exam found it really hard so hopefully the grade boundaries will be really low!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SampleX)
    Lol when AQA Chemistry C2/C3 almost leaves you in tears.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am hating exams atm

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely dreading Geography on Tuesday. Anyone with me. Edexcel?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3241469&page=2

For the Geography people

ReputationRep:
    ABSOLUTELY dreading english lit !!! especially unseen poetry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saahil0987)
    There is no chance of that happening, cause if your CAs are at an A* (That's a minimum of 162 UMS points in the bag) which means 18 UMS away from C. I highly doubt that you've picked up only 18 UMS across the two exams cause that would give you less than a F
    Do you think it would still be possible to get a 'B' or 'C' grade overall if ive got 60% 'A' coursework and possible C (hopefulyy not lower than that :/) grades in my exams?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it would still be possible to get a 'B' or 'C' grade overall if ive got 60% 'A' coursework and possible C (hopefulyy not lower than that :/) grades in my exams?
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irfan_blue)
    yep i asked to do foundation, rather get a c in foundation than a d or e in higher, still scared though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MIST_123)
    Edexcel Spanish was so hard ....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes omg everyone in the classroom literally had thier heads down and had a nap during the reading exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSAA9)
    How did everyone find Aqa chemistry today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i found c3 easier than c2

ReputationRep:
    You'd scrape a B if you got the bare minimum for each area

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    I'm in Year 11 now, amidst all the GCSEs.
    The subjects I'm doing for my GCSEs are:
    Core Science (B1-B3, C1-C3, P1-P3) (OCR 21st century) (Did it in Year 10)
    Additional Science (B4-B6, C4-C6, P4-P6) (OCR 21st century)
    Further Science (B7, C7, P7) (OCR 21st century)
    Maths (Edexcel)
    English Language (AQA)
    English Literature (AQA)
    History (AQA)
    French (AQA)
    Information and Communication Technology (AQA)
    Business Studies (Edexcel)
    Religious Studies (AQA)

Hobbies include: playing basketball, football
    Got accepted into a Sixth Form (just need to meet my expectations) - Will be doing Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths
    I think Year 11 has gone quite well, and hopefully it will continue to go smoothly as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saahil0987)
    You'd scrape a B if you got the bare minimum for each area
    Thanks for the info ah god im just really hoping i can get that B, i just really don't want any Cs XD thank god im not doing A-Levels next year, the stress for gcses is enough for me XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irfan_blue)
    I am ;( i have another 2 hour test on the same day so im not going to be able to cover all of it im so bad at skills idek why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NomadPrincess)
    ABSOLUTELY dreading english lit !!! especially unseen poetry
    don't stress! I did my english lit last year, in year 10, and I thought I had done awfully because I got what the unseen poem meant totally wrong. Turns out I actually got an A* in the poetry paper! You just need to be able to back up your interpretation, even if it's wrong as long as you use evidence and explanation, you'll do great

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info ah god im just really hoping i can get that B, i just really don't want any Cs XD thank god im not doing A-Levels next year, the stress for gcses is enough for me XD
    What are you doing instead?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am ;( i have another 2 hour test on the same day so im not going to be able to cover all of it im so bad at skills idek why
    How do you revise for it!!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    What are you doing instead?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm going to an art college haha XD i know loads of people see it as a waste but personally i feel that i will end up being more likely to be able to do what i want in life and i wouldnt be able to deal with the stress i only need 4 Cs to get in since the offered me a place based on my art skills but yeah i guess i still have pretty high standards for myself for these test, would be a shame for all my hard work to go to waste

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.