Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatau24)
    Sooo... title? I'd say Chelsea have it pretty much in the bag but if we hold up our end of the bargain and they drop some points, then that game at the Emirates suddenly looks interesting...
    Just please not this again.

ReputationRep:
    No title talk, just focus on securing 2nd
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by anastas)
    Alexis man of the game, bet you're delighted
    I am indeed! Great performance from us today.

(Original post by AR_95)
    Goals we scored today were just magnificent.
    Motd gon be gud

(Original post by Eboracum)
    Seems as if there was nothing to worry about, Lyrical Prodigy.
    Yeah I had to show some respect for Liverpool. Not exactly the easiest of opponents at all.

ReputationRep:
    I did start by saying Chelsea have it pretty much in the bag.

ReputationRep:
    cant stop watching the free kick

https://vine.co/u/1153491600937246720

one of my favourite moments from Messi Ozil

ReputationRep:
    southampton loosing at the moment..

Shame for my hopes of seeing liverpool drop further..

But great for bulding the distance to the chasing pack of teams..

if they dont recover, then good chance for spurs to leap to 5th tommorow..

(still 7pts off us however...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatau24)
    Sooo... title? I'd say Chelsea have it pretty much in the bag but if we hold up our end of the bargain and they drop some points, then that game at the Emirates suddenly looks interesting...
    Bring us the cup now!!!
    Seriously though, it's very tough to get to the 1st place but you never know! If we perform like we did today we stand a chance, don't we?

ReputationRep:
    united still only 1-0 against villa..

Looking more likely that they will score a 2nd, then villa doing anything..

But if villa could find a late goal from somehwere, and it ended 1-1, that would just be the cherry on top of the cake for todays football

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    united still only 1-0 against villa..

Looking more likely that they will score a 2nd, then villa doing anything..

But if villa could find a late goal from somehwere, and it ended 1-1, that would just be the cherry on top of the cake for todays football
    I'm more concerned with Palace against City.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    For example, say Wenger left at the end of last season right, and we'd achieved what we've done:

Knocking United out of the FA cup
    Taking 4 points off City
    Won the community shield (Whether you care about it or not)
    Taking 4 points off Liverpool
    Currently being 2nd in the table....
    One win away from going to a Wembley final again..

We'd all be jizzing over the new manager. Credit where it's due to the old man, it's an improvement on last season in my books (IF we retain the cup and finish in the top 3). I've probably missed some positives but its nice when its not always doom and gloom for once

ReputationRep:
    the confusing thing for me, is that one of the big reasons i want wenger to leave.. is because he is doing well.

Sounds wierd, but I just want him to have a send off like SAF did.. won the league, left on top.

Thats what I want from wenger - I want him to leave having won something, and on an absolute high - which is what he has deserved from his time at arsenal.

Problem is though, that if he wins smething, its more motivation to stay..

My worst case scenario is that he slumps off having not won much recently, and everyone is happy he is gone. - that would just be so sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    For example, say Wenger left at the end of last season right, and we'd achieved what we've done:

Knocking United out of the FA cup
    Taking 4 points off City
    Won the community shield (Whether you care about it or not)
    Taking 4 points off Liverpool
    Currently being 2nd in the table....
    One win away from going to a Wembley final again..

We'd all be jizzing over the new manager. Credit where it's due to the old man, it's an improvement on last season in my books (IF we retain the cup and finish in the top 3). I've probably missed some positives but its nice when its not always doom and gloom for once
    I know you'll have a go at me for being negative but..

UTD have been **** all season, it shouldn't be a surprise that we beat them
    4 points off City is a nice feat but we also lost to UTD at home
    Moyes won the community shield
    Liverpool are in risk of finishing 5th 6th or even 7th.
    We're not 2nd though. City have their game in hand and even after that we're still hypothetically 10 points off Chelsea.
    Two games from actually retaining, and that's a big ask.

We should have been closer to the title this season. Our slump in the first half of the season was due to Wenger not buying defensive depth causing us to leak so many goals in and lose games against Swansea, Hull, and drop points to the likes of Anderlecht and Leicester. And also the fact that we had to buy Danny Welbeck to be our rotation option for Giroud considering there were better strikers we could have been in for. Add to that our initial setup was horrible and we struggled to create chances. It took Wenger too long to find the right set up that we play with now and it cost us. Last summer was crucial considering the budget he had and we'd be lucky to see half of that this summer. UTD and Chelsea will both strengthen this window undoubtedly.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by AR_95)
    x
    So negative. Chillax man, just sit back, grab a cocktail and enjoy this beauty: https://vine.co/v/Olw1AMJMvpM

It's all good. :cool:

But seriously though I get you and I agree with all your points. We messed up badly at the start of the season and we've only started clicking recently which really epitomises the phrase "Too little too late" but what are you gonna do, nothing now. Damage was already done prior, just need to end the season well. Real talks though, we can't go on a good FA cup run and finish in the top four next season and call that 'progress'. Want to be title contenders from the off and that starts with a good summer window.

ReputationRep:
    Title is Arsenal's to lose now. No way are Chelsea picking up 19 points in their remaining fixtures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    Title is Arsenal's to lose now. No way are Chelsea picking up 19 points in their remaining fixtures.
    Pretty sure Mourinho would have learned from his only Premier League defeat at Stamford Bridge. Oh, and you're going to attract "the haters" with that reply whether you're an Arsenal fan or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)

Mourinho is a fraud, gonna bow down to Vengah.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm convinced Nichrome and Eboracum are the same person

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I'm convinced Nichrome and Eboracum are the same person

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hardly, Eboracum is sensationalist, whereas I just look at the facts. Chelsea have been in very bad form since New Year and have only gotten worse, whereas Arsenal have looked pretty much invincible.

ReputationRep:
    There are trolls who try to be subtle, and then there is Nichrome.

ReputationRep:
    some class goals today.

Stoke against chelsea.. Rooney.. Gomis.. And our first 3, were all beauties

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.