Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Imma go sleep now peeps. Stay safe and nighty night xxx :grouphugs:

(Original post by Hopefulcici)
    I just wanted to post on here because I don't know who to talk to. My anxiety is getting so bad, now my exams are coming up. It seems I'm getting anxious over everything and my mind is telling me, I will fail. I haven't had a panic attack since December, but I feel one will come along soon. Nothing is helping and my body is physical tensing up all the time. I need help but I don't know where to turn to
    Hey :hugs: Would seeing your GP be an option? I think it's also important to do mindless relaxing things too. Like mindfulness or drawing - things that don't take too much effort (drawing doesn't have to be Van Gogh levels, just whatever comes naturally!) alongside your revision. If you revise all the time you will burn out before you have the chance to take your exams. Hang on in there! :hugs:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Thanks both :hugs:

:console: don't know how much sense ican make but PM if you want

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you wanna PM? It's now or never I'm afraid, as I *will* fall asleep soon. But if you wanna chat now, I'm up for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Samaritans have a text number if that will help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    dont know could try.forgot about that thank you

(Original post by furryface12)
    Thanks both :hugs:

:console: don't know how much sense ican make but PM if you want

Posted from TSR Mobile
    dont want tto trigger you at all, but thank you. sorry am useless for you tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Imma go sleep now peeps. Stay safe and nighty night xxx :grouphug:

Hey :hugs: Would seeing your GP be an option? I think it's also important to do mindless relaxing things too. Like mindfulness or drawing - things that don't take too much effort (drawing doesn't have to be Van Gogh levels, just whatever comes naturally!) alongside your revision. If you revise all the time you will burn out before you have the chance to take your exams. Hang on in there! :hugs:
    Hi Thanks for replying.

I've tried doing various techniques like breathing techniques or listening to music, but it doesn't seem to work much. Its only temporary. My GP recommended for me to see a counsellor but the place where it is, is inconvenient for me to get there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    dont know hate talking on the phonejust going to hide i think. want it to stp
    well I don't want to pressure you or anything but its not as scary as you might imagine. the first time I ever called the Samaritans I was terrified and hadn't actually intended on speaking at all. but the guy was so lovely and encouraging and not at all pressuring and I talked for ages in the end. if you cant talk/get scared then you can just hang up. im a nightline volunteer and we're totally used to silent calls/hang ups. just a thought anyway. I would offer to talk but im just not with it at all and I think i'm going to attempt sleep because I need to be up so early. please stay safe :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Do you wanna PM? It's now or never I'm afraid, as I *will* fall asleep soon. But if you wanna chat now, I'm up for that
    Wasn't going to but might do actually if it's alright? Don't stay awake for me though!

dont know could try.forgot about that thank you

dont want tto trigger you at all, but thank you. sorry am useless for you tonight
    Up to you, you're not useless at all though :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Hi Thanks for replying.

I've tried doing various techniques like breathing techniques or listening to music, but it doesn't seem to work much. Its only temporary. My GP recommended for me to see a counsellor but the place where it is, is inconvenient for me to get there.
    Ah I'm sorry that these techniques are not working long-term. It's good you've been trying them though. Wish they would work for you I'm not sure what else to suggest really. I'm not a believer in trialling meds during exam season - side effects, etc. Hmm. Will have a think and try and be more helpful tomorrow

Spoiler:
    Show
    Hope it's not out of line to say I'll pray for you if you like - you're from X Soc, right?

ReputationRep:
    Ah I'm sorry that these techniques are not working long-term. It's good you've been trying them though. Wish they would work for you I'm not sure what else to suggest really. I'm not a believer in trialling meds during exam season - side effects, etc. Hmm. Will have a think and try and be more helpful tomorrow

Spoiler:
    Show
    Hope it's not out of line to say I'll pray for you if you like - you're from X Soc, right?
    Thank you. That's fine. Its late anyways. And yes I am
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Thank you. That's fine. Its late anyways. And yes I am
    Thought I recognised you! Will pray :hugs: Hang on in there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    well I don't want to pressure you or anything but its not as scary as you might imagine. the first time I ever called the Samaritans I was terrified and hadn't actually intended on speaking at all. but the guy was so lovely and encouraging and not at all pressuring and I talked for ages in the end. if you cant talk/get scared then you can just hang up. im a nightline volunteer and we're totally used to silent calls/hang ups. just a thought anyway. I would offer to talk but im just not with it at all and I think i'm going to attempt sleep because I need to be up so early. please stay safe :hugs:
    i just get all weird wehn talking on the phone? i think its phone anxiety. but have tezted. thank you for the reaassurance though i t means a lot i will try and stay safe tonight hope you are able tto stay safe too. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    so I've written today off as a day when no revision will be done, I just don't feel up to it. So I'm going to watch Hannibal for a bit and then go to bed so I can start fresh tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you mean Hannibal the tv series? I ****ing love it!! :woo: Mads Mikkelsen makes such a perfect Hannibal (I read the books and have seen all the movies). I'm so excited about the new season.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    i just get all weird wehn talking on the phone? i think its phone anxiety. but have tezted. thank you for the reaassurance though i t means a lot i will try and stay safe tonight hope you are able tto stay safe too. :hugs:
    I'm still up if you need to PM/text :console:

ReputationRep:
    sure, I can completely understand that. if its any reassurance, a lot of the time I barely even talk and just end up crying a lot. I completely accept/respect your choice though, just want to reassure you a bit if I can. i'm going to try and sleep now, but the last few nights I have had awful insomnia, so if im not able to sleep I will poke you and we can chat if you would like/it suits. (again, no pressure though) do take care :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if you know this, but you can also email if you don't like talking on the phone. (sorry, you probably already know this)

My life is happy yet I am so sad and my heart hurts. :dong:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    My life is happy yet I am so sad and my heart hurts. :dong:
    :penguinhug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Do you mean Hannibal the tv series? I ****ing love it!! :woo: Mads Mikkelsen makes such a perfect Hannibal (I read the books and have seen all the movies). I'm so excited about the new season.
    I feel the same! He is incredible as Hannibal

ReputationRep:
    I'm still up if you need to PM/text :console:
    thank yyou just dot want to be triggering, trying to calm down/stop shaking is working . just getting super dissociated instead, cant win hopeyou are ok?

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    sure, I can completely understand that. if its any reassurance, a lot of the time I barely even talk and just end up crying a lot. I completely accept/respect your choice though, just want to reassure you a bit if I can. i'm going to try and sleep now, but the last few nights I have had awful insomnia, so if im not able to sleep I will poke you and we can chat if you would like/it suits. (again, no pressure though) do take care :hugs:
    thanky you i hope you're able to sleep, insomenia sucks :sadnod:

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    I don't know if you know this, but you can also email if you don't like talking on the phone. (sorry, you probably already know this)
    thank you for the tip, hpoe you are ok? :hugs:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    thank yyou just dot want to be triggering, trying to calm down/stop shaking is working . just getting super dissociated instead, cant win hopeyou are ok?
    Like I said to furry (who I'm up talking to), as long as you don't ask me about E, it'll be fine - not triggerable :nah:

ReputationRep:
    Like I said to furry (who I'm up talking to), as long as you don't ask me about E, it'll be fine - not triggerable :nah:
    ok tahnk you

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.