Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sweet. Might have a watch of that then. Better than doing actual work.

PS. Come at me, bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Sweet. Might have a watch of that then. Better than doing actual work.

PS. Come at me, bro.
    Was a bit disappointing, tbh. No new clinical footage, just selected "highlights" (Lucy crying, Katherine taking blood from a foot, Adam getting ridiculously excited about giving frusemide, Suzi and the man with the toilet brush) and them chatting about how their experiences have made them grow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Was a bit disappointing, tbh. No new clinical footage, just selected "highlights" (Lucy crying, Katherine taking blood from a foot, Adam getting ridiculously excited about giving frusemide, Suzi and the man with the toilet brush) and them chatting about how their experiences have made them grow...
    Oh. Sounds naff. Probably trying to re-drum up interest in the second series. Might give it a pass then.

ReputationRep:
    It was a bit tedious, especially given that they already did a highlights show earlier in the year. Looking forward to season 2 though - apparently it's only 2 FY2's and the rest are FY1's.

ReputationRep:
    re. Season 2, I've bumped into a couple of them during filming. I've been on an off-camera ward round with one F1 - he seemed nice. The other I've never had direct contact with. She seems quite... dressy.

:holmes:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Finished my first case!

Doing what took weeks at A-Level in a 1-hour lecture is a surreal experience.

ReputationRep:
    Missed academic families night because I have massive burns on my hand

FML.

ReputationRep:
    I hate medicine im feeling so demotivated! I havent been in for 10 days. Im never going to manage as a foundation doctor next year. I give myself two weeks.....!

ReputationRep:
    Just had a meeting with my mentor which **** me right up. Apparently getting drunk and playing video games is not bolstering my C/V and I should be doing something more productive. Who knew?

ReputationRep:
    Seeing the Horrors tonight.

ReputationRep:
    guys I'm finding it really difficult, first year student.

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reallys)

Any advice?
    What exactly are you finding difficult? The workload? The concepts? Balancing work and play? Fitting in?

Some non-specific advice: your Facebook news feed tells one story - people are fantastic at putting on fronts - but I guarantee that everyone has similar feelings to you (and we've all been through it on here). It might take a while to find those people you're happy sharing those feelings with, or to adapt your note taking & learning to the large amorphous blob of facts that is pre-clinical, but it will get better!

ReputationRep:

Any advice?
    First which uni? If imperial then if you want we can meet up/ have a chat if you like (done this with a few of the non med freshers)

As for everything else pretty much what BT said. By the end of the 2nd week I was a total state having been out to much and sober too little. Stick with it, most people are terrified of it not making sense/workload in the first few weeks. Don't let it beat you. Those that feel fine are normally either lying or people who will struggle when the bookwork is over. Yes there are a few people who can do it all who make you feel like **** but you get that at all levels. Ignore them.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Finished my first case!

Doing what took weeks at A-Level in a 1-hour lecture is a surreal experience.
    :poke: Whatchya doing this weekend? :ninja:

ReputationRep:

Any advice?
    If its any comfort, i'm also finding it pretty overwhelming...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lantana)
    :poke: Whatchya doing this weekend? :ninja:
    Tonight is Medsoc (obvs!) then posh vs. poly. Tomorrow probably CCTV. Need to fit in some kind of academia as well though...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Tonight is Medsoc (obvs!) then posh vs. poly. Tomorrow probably CCTV. Need to fit in some kind of academia as well though...
    I've never been to a medsoc yet...Anyhow I'm back for the weekend tmrw and wanted to snoop round your room :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blatant Troll)
    What exactly are you finding difficult? The workload? The concepts? Balancing work and play? Fitting in?

Some non-specific advice: your Facebook news feed tells one story - people are fantastic at putting on fronts - but I guarantee that everyone has similar feelings to you (and we've all been through it on here). It might take a while to find those people you're happy sharing those feelings with, or to adapt your note taking & learning to the large amorphous blob of facts that is pre-clinical, but it will get better!
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    First which uni? If imperial then if you want we can meet up/ have a chat if you like (done this with a few of the non med freshers)

As for everything else pretty much what BT said. By the end of the 2nd week I was a total state having been out to much and sober too little. Stick with it, most people are terrified of it not making sense/workload in the first few weeks. Don't let it beat you. Those that feel fine are normally either lying or people who will struggle when the bookwork is over. Yes there are a few people who can do it all who make you feel like **** but you get that at all levels. Ignore them.
    everything.

I don't drink so dnt go clubbing(personal reason to religious)
    I haven't started working though

And I seem not to fit in, no friends
    I just seem to go to lectures sit alone finish lectures come back watch movie sleep

same thing everyday and I feel depressed.
    • PS Helper

everything.

I don't drink so dnt go clubbing(personal reason to religious)
    I haven't started working though

And I seem not to fit in, no friends
    I just seem to go to lectures sit alone finish lectures come back watch movie sleep

same thing everyday and I feel depressed.
    Why haven't you started working? Is there any topic in particular you're finding hard? Maybe at your next lecture you could sit next to a group of people and start chatting to them, hopefully then you can start making friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billet-doux)
    Why haven't you started working? Is there any topic in particular you're finding hard? Maybe at your next lecture you could sit next to a group of people and start chatting to them, hopefully then you can start making friends
    I have just been lazy and not in the mode to study. ( my mistake )

Yeah i'm trying that now, but it just seems not to work.

I have been quite a shy person from childhood.

any advice how I can change myself.?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.