Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDKGames)
    I'm genuinely curious what the examiner's report would say.

"They all f*cked up Q1-9. The end."
    LOL I bet the usual "Only a minority of candidates were unable to finish the paper in time" bs is incoming
    When it should be more like "Only the most able candidates were able to complete Q1 onwards"
    (Original post by uptownfunk)
    Do you think theres a chance that they've made a mistake in the chemistry grade boundaries?
    I wish lol

ReputationRep:
    God these Edexcel grade boundaries haven't helped my faith in getting an A* in further maths. I took S2 last year and got 88 UMS, so I need 91 average in FP2 and FP3 to get an A*.

I think I got 69/75 in FP2 (this could be 70 it depends on whether the first question gives a mark for identify the incorrect region given the choice of two) , where 68 is the boundary so that should be 91 or 92 UMS. Can someone please please tell me which as it's important.

Then in FP3, I think I lost 4 marks which would be on the 71/75 boundary, but some of those are shakey so 72 is possible, as is 70.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    Its actually 9:30AM not 8AM (source)
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igotnomoney)
    The only reason i think they have dropped in our course because we had long answer question with 20 marker at the end ... i dont know how your was like
    Well BUSS3's first question, which is usually a free 10 marks "fill in the formula" question, was a paragraph-based one that hadn't appeared for years. I think it might drop a bit based on that and the second question not having that much to write about. I get an extra 4 Raw Marks due to extenuating circumstances so hopefully I should be able to mitigate the blow an increased boundary might have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    Its actually 9:30AM not 8AM (source)
    my bad, it was 8am last year so just assumed it would be the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)
    my bad completely forgot that this was a mainly A2 thread! Is A2 much harder than AS?
    No problem
    And hm I found it more interesting than British politics (I did American at A2) but I did find it more difficult yeah. And these grade boundaries have made me lose a bit of hope 😂 but I guess we won't find out till tomorrow
    Good luck for tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel biology anyone...?

ReputationRep:
    It says on the AQA website boundaries are released at 8am but Twitter it says 9.30am? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Boundaries are beautiful.
    Lol if i still **** up.
    M3 72/75 for A* made me LOL since M4/5 were easier.
    (i'm ocr but still. . . )

if 63/72 is 80 ums and 67/72 is 90 ums can i guarantee that it is 71/72 for 100 ums? I reckon I've got 71 in s2 and i need 100 xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDKGames)
    AQA grade boundaries?????
    Imagine AQA m3 is like OCR m3 (72 for A*, 69 for A)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    It says on the AQA website boundaries are released at 8am but Twitter it says 9.30am? :/
    Typical AQA

ReputationRep:
    when does the edexcel UMS convertor come back online ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierm2707)
    You dont know that yet, so many people right now are just panicking, calm down unless you have your paper/know how many marks you have got in the exam you do not know what your going to get. Keep calm, only a day to go!

No you dont have to give up, get AAA predictions and you will be fine.
    Yep, still no idea for chemistry there is hope for an A, however in Biology i will pray for a B so that i get A prediction. Thanks anyway, i see you are preventing people from comitting suicide in here (not me, i'm pretty calm because i expected it). Still, Italy or my home country is an option for medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    Maybe their attempt to avoid extreme strain on their server...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    It's not 'fake' for Edexcel... it's on their website
    its not go check their site

ReputationRep:
    M1 and C4. Fml.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qcomber)
    Imagine AQA m3 is like OCR m3 (72 for A*, 69 for A)
    I don't know OCR's but AQA's M3 must've been the case of 98% of the paper is not doable by 99% of the candidates. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mvoykov)
    Yep, still no idea for chemistry there is hope for an A, however in Biology i will pray for a B so that i get A prediction. Thanks anyway, i see you are preventing people from comitting suicide in here (not me, i'm pretty calm because i expected it). Still, Italy or my home country is an option for medicine.
    Best of luck! hope to see you around on the medicine threads when you get those grades!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azzer11)
    M1 and C4. Fml.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I saw that and I felt genuinely sorry for the people in my year doing Maths A-Level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierm2707)
    Best of luck! hope to see you around on the medicine threads when you get those grades!
    Yep hopefully and also im currently doing a programme for Hull York medical school which will lower my grade to ABB next year. THERE IS HOPE

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.