Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bornab3)
    I think that Tyree catch was made out to be down to luck a bit more than it actually was, your D did mess up but at the end of the day a quarterback relies on the rest of the team. Peyton Manning would have more superbowls if he had a better defence in some seasons. If in last season's game, that throw would've been called as PI then maybe Flacco wouldn't have a ring. What I'm trying to say is, I know he did what he could in both superbowls to win them but he lost, and in 20 years people will say, Tom Brady 3-2 or 4-2, they won't care how he lost, he just did. Even if Tyree didn't make that catch, he's still lost another one.

But, I really do hope he gets that 4th because he does deserve to be up there with Montana, I just hope they don't do it against the giants

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't care how Brady gets the fourth but if he does it against the Giants :coma:

Not going to happen without Gronk. An injured Gronk cost us last year against the Ravens and it cost us against you guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    I don't care how Brady gets the fourth but if he does it against the Giants :coma:

Not going to happen without Gronk. An injured Gronk cost us last year against the Ravens and it cost us against you guys.
    Haha, I'd kill to see a Rodgers - Brady final! That would be amazing! But if you did play us (assuming we get to the superbowl with Eli again), I sure wouldnt be as upset as I normally would if we lost, got so much respect for Brady!

By the way, can anyone link me to a 10% off GamePass thing?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I'd kill to see a Rodgers - Brady final! That would be amazing! But if you did play us (assuming we get to the superbowl with Eli again), I sure wouldnt be as upset as I normally would if we lost, got so much respect for Brady!

By the way, can anyone link me to a 10% off GamePass thing?
    If we did go to the Superbowl we need to make sure our OLine wear diapers so they don't crap themselves again...

ReputationRep:

Really really lovely video. As big of a party person Gronkowski is, he has shown with numerous charity appearances that hes a nice guy.

ReputationRep:
    Friend just moved permanently to Houston.

Not jealous at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    Friend just moved permanently to Houston.

Not jealous at all.
    I thought you were a Chargers fan haha

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Hernandez sued for shooting a man in the face what the hell is going on. Crazy week...

ReputationRep:
    I was talking about this thing with my friends and thought I'd get you guys' opinions on it: Besides your favourite team's QB, who's your favourite QB in the league?

Mine is no doubt Drew Brees. Tbh, even if I included Eli I would probably still pick Brees. What he did in 2009 after all the things that had happened was amazing, plus he's just an overall amazing QB. After him I'd probably choose Brady, after all that guy's probably in the top 3 of all time!
    I don't have a team so I guess I just get to pick my fave QB? For me it's actually a toughie, I'd probably say Ben Roethlisberger, I just think he's a fairly well rounded package and has presence. I like presence in a QB, and he can scramble a bit despite being a massive dude which is always entertaining to watch!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    I don't have a team so I guess I just get to pick my fave QB? For me it's actually a toughie, I'd probably say Ben Roethlisberger, I just think he's a fairly well rounded package and has presence. I like presence in a QB, and he can scramble a bit despite being a massive dude which is always entertaining to watch!
    You don't bring Roethlisberger down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    He is THE master of the pump fake, no one does it better haha, that's what I've always loved about his game, as well as being a big boned guy, his footwork and technique are out of this world.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aside from Brady, obviously. I really like Wilson :love:

Rodgers too understandably.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Hernandez sued for shooting a man in the face what the hell is going on. Crazy week...
    looks like you need gronk bad back, possible hernandez will never play again if this is all true. funny that tebow was signed this week as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nevergohalfpace)
    looks like you need gronk bad back, possible hernandez will never play again if this is all true. funny that tebow was signed this week as well.
    Yup its looking really bad...

Although still our receiving core is better then 2006 so not quite that low :laugh:

If its true what has Hernandez done...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nevergohalfpace)
    Is that a pun? You meant to say "back bad" but you put "bad back" because he's having back surgery? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Is that a pun? You meant to say "back bad" but you put "bad back" because he's having back surgery? :ninja:
    Oh I jeez haha I didn't realize that :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    haha accidental pun :P

ReputationRep:
    I've decided that next season I'm going to actually support a team rather than picking them on a match by match basis which basically left me with teams I liked (Seahawks, Vikings, 49ers), teams I didn't (Patriots, Packers, Giants, Ravens, Dolphins (just for their horrid colours)) and those in the middle which I was thoroughly indifferent on. I wanted the rookie QBs to do well just because the less **** QBs we have in the league the more competitive it is. This felt sort of hollow and mercenary like and I lacked real passion. Seems Seattle Seahawks are my superbowl bet for next season they seem like the logical choice for support and Russel Wilson is the man. I also love Percy Harvin mainly because on my Madden career with the Vikings he's about the only reliable catcher of the ball.

From this day then I become a Seahawk, I'm intrigued as to how the transition will pan out.

ReputationRep:
    The amount of Seahawk and 49er fans has increased by probably triple :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I guarantee he will never play for the Patriots again. Bill hates distractions.

ReputationRep:
    The amount of Seahawk and 49er fans has increased by probably triple :rofl:
    If you're taking up the sport now you're going to pick a team with a franchise QB at the helm aren't you? Who wants to back the team with Blaine Gabbert or Brandon Weeden or Sam Bradford at the helm.

They also have a decent chance of getting on Sky Sports in their own merit. The only time a team with a weak QB is going to get on is a) when they're trying to hype the Jags game at Wembley or b) when a star player is on the other team.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.