Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icecream1)
    But he will also have come from a tiring WC in South America and it could take a lot out of him before the new season starts.
    Even if they get to the final, he'll have a month before the season starts... if he can't recover in that time then he shouldn't be a professional footballer

ReputationRep:
    Just bid 35 mil for Lukaku tbh.

Mourinho's stupid enough to sell a 21 year old striker with 65 league goals to his name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thugnificent.)
    the boy remy will come good looks bit rusty but dangerous

oi did anyone see that giruuh touch though my gard, why is he pulling out these bergkamp-esque touches right at the end of the season, i swear he did a gawdly touch and goal in April this ****ing guy

giruu will net 27 next season
    To every non-Arsenal fan, he's not been anywhere near as terrible as you guys are screaming about...

ReputationRep:
    About Griezmann, Wenger said his goal was Pirès-like (not he as a player). Just sounded like standard commentary though, what he said on Telefoot a while back about following him for a long time sounded much juicier.

(Original post by Icecream1)
    But he will also have come from a tiring WC in South America and it could take a lot out of him before the new season starts.

He's unlikely to play in all WC matches if he doesn't turn it up though. Germany have too many good options for that position, and e.g. Reus is in much better form than him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Just bid 35 mil for Lukaku tbh.

Mourinho's stupid enough to sell a 21 year old striker with 65 league goals to his name.
    That's actually funny that Lukaku could probably break the record for most league goals scored if he stayed at the prem until the end of his career.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    He isn't. Cabaye is more defensively sound than him. Remember that Cabaye is known for his nastiness and has made his money playing one of the pivot. He's never looked like a B2B player to me (doesn't look to have the energy) and best playing the DLP role in the middle 3rd. Matuidi struggled earlier in the season in the pivot and only started shinning when PSG switched to 433 and he was freed up a bit more.
    Yeah I agree that Cabaye plays best as a creative DLP no.6/8 like he was playing at newcastle. He did well as an AM but his play still felt a bit like a DLP though.

Tbf 4-3-3 helps the BBMs, majority of the attacking BBMs will like having extra protection behind them. Toure would probably have had a field day playing in the role Iniesta had as the most high up of the trio.

(Original post by sevchenko)
    Yeah I guess. Maybe moving to the Prem during a world cup year was a mistake. We don't know how he's handling the fatigue

For PSG yeah I agree. I remember he had a great game in the CL against Chelsea at home. Surely for the French NT he's the most defensively sound midfielder out of that trio? I personally think Cabaye is frustrated playing deeper afterall it was his form in the final thrid of the pitch which got a move to PSG
    Ozil well tbh he was forced out of Madrid, they finance their deals for galacticos players by selling the less famed players, Higuain and Ozil pretty much financed Bale essentially. Real knew what they were doing.

Na, Cabaye. Matuidi looks like he'll run his socks off so people think he's the most defensively sound but 419 would probably agree with me that his bursts of speed and energy are what make him so good, not his positioning sense and tackling ability. Same thing goes for Pogba, although he's a good passer and dribbler.

ReputationRep:
    Rumours that arsenal have rejected the chance to sign fabregas. Hope it isn't true

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adil96m)
    Rumours that arsenal have rejected the chance to sign fabregas. Hope it isn't true

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hope not. I heard sky sports news saying city have definately rejected cesc.

On another note, Liverpool have signed lambert lol

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal don't need him tbh and you don't know if he'd work as well the second time as the first. I'd understand if maybe he'd want to experience another club as well. (Personally I don't like going back to places, I prefer going somewhere new and learning something different and not spoil the experience of the past.)

Disclaimer: only started watching the PL after Fabregas left so perhaps I just don't get this Arsenal nostalgia.

ReputationRep:
    if everyones rejected him in the PL, life is chill. let him go to dortmund or suttin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Na, Cabaye. Matuidi looks like he'll run his socks off so people think he's the most defensively sound but 419 would probably agree with me that his bursts of speed and energy are what make him so good, not his positioning sense and tackling ability. Same thing goes for Pogba, although he's a good passer and dribbler.
    You and 419 have made good points tbf, your correct tbh. I can see it from your POV

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    if everyones rejected him in the PL, life is chill. let him go to dortmund or suttin.
    Gotta be a weird situation in the PL wrt AMs when Fabregas is rejected.

I find it weird though since he can play deeper or up front.

Personally if I was you guys I'd buy him and play him up front. I feel that Wenger is still thinking about developing players and that young team. I think Wilshere is partly the problem if Fabregas doesn't go to Arsenal. I said anyway Fabregas is staying at Barca next season, if not he's going to one of Arsenal, City or Monaco.

ReputationRep:
    wenger won't allow him to strengthen our rivals. I think he is just waiting for an english club to bid for him. Another rumour bieng circulated is that wenger has met with David Dein's son to sort out the fabregas transfer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who thinks we don't need Cesc is a ****ing idiot. What happened when Ramsey, Ozil & Wilshere got injured? We were stuck with playing Arteta and Flamini together ffs. I don't ever want that rubbish to happen again. Never count on Diaby, because well, it's Diaby, Santi can blow very hot and cold and Tommy is a bit part player. We need Cesc, someone of his calibre wouldn't go amiss and if we could get him back there should be no debate.

If other players are unhappy about having more competition, tough ****, maybe they should try harder at displacing the player rather than having a moan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Personally if I was you guys I'd buy him and play him up front. I feel that Wenger is still thinking about developing players and that young team. I think Wilshere is partly the problem if Fabregas doesn't go to Arsenal. I said anyway Fabregas is staying at Barca next season, if not he's going to one of Arsenal, City or Monaco.
    I read that it's Ozil's presence in the team that is stopping Wenger from using his first refusal to sign Cesc and not Wilshere's. The reason being that Mesut and Cesc are of similar stature, price & role in midfield, and Wenger wants Ozil to have a stellar second season playing as many games as possible without Cesc stunting his progress. Seems reasonable logic to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

Aurier tells gooner that he's coming to Arsenal...
    Looks promising! I expect that deal to be done; it's what Aurier has publicly expressed he's more that open to and what we need at right back is two young players in him and Jenkinson competing week-in week-out for first team football.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doppelgänger)
    I read that it's Ozil's presence in the team that is stopping Wenger from using his first refusal to sign Cesc and not Wilshere's. The reason being that Mesut and Cesc are of similar stature, price & role in midfield, and Wenger wants Ozil to have a stellar second season playing as many games as possible without Cesc stunting his progress. Seems reasonable logic to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is just press coming to their own conclusion- far fetch as always. Wenger knew last summer when we signed Ozil that Cesc was possibly going to be available this summer (words that came out of his mouth). He was interested then, pretty sure that he's still interested now IF Cesc is available.

ReputationRep:

Yeah added on to being PL proven, and counting towards home grown. LVG and Pellers (assuming yaya goes) should be on their knees for his signature.

Would chew my arm off for him back at Arsenal tbf but not sure where he would play, for a false 9 to work we need our wings to be on form, which means podolski needs to be replaced. I was wondering how he would fair in the role Arteta plays atm, he can keep the ball better than him and can push forward but with no real steel in the midfield we will probs get punished when he gets dispossessed higher up the pitch. Could go with the old Flamini-Fab but thats pretty unfair on Ramsey. Playing him as an AM would displace Ozil or push him onto the wing. So it just kinda seems he would be there when someone gets injured and tbh he's too good for that.

ReputationRep:

Fabregas up front in the Prem would be suicide. I'd love him back to rotate in CM or CAM positions and to make us better able to cope with our inevitable injury crisis. Having said that there are other areas that need strengthening first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    Fabregas up front in the Prem would be suicide. I'd love him back to rotate in CM or CAM positions and to make us better able to cope with our inevitable injury crisis. Having said that there are other areas that need strengthening first.
    I disagree, if you got a very good DM who could dictate play and will stay back you wouldn't have a problem with using fabregas up top, I'd assume that you'd have good wingers who will make runs into the channel. You play a slow style of football anyway, with Walcott and Chamberlain you have two players with the pace capable of making runs inbetween the fullback and centre back after initially stretching them.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.