Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I only saw lucas playing today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Sterling should play in the middle some more rather than on a wing just feel he's more effective in the hole directly running at a defence than playing around the byline.

From what I saw Rodgers should have played a less offensive team at the start so that when the legs of the Sunderland team got tired he could bring on Coutinho as a sub e.g. Not much you can do when your first and second choice striker are not fit and you're facing a team who is just sitting deep for large periods of the game.
    Not sure why Rodgers is not resting Lambert, like Gerrard he cannot play 90 minutes for 3 times a week, he was anonymous today. Plus you cannot expect him alone to fair well against 4 other defenders, Borini should of come on as a 2nd stiker.

ReputationRep:
    I think failing to win today is pretty confirmatory of our top four hopes just not existing anymore.

Don't beat Basel, get Europa League, and win it, and get in a good striker in January too. That's the level of our squad right now anyway. Europa League.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by JamesR12)
    I think failing to win today is pretty confirmatory of our top four hopes just not existing anymore.

Don't beat Basel, get Europa League, and win it, and get in a good striker in January too. That's the level of our squad right now anyway. Europa League.
    If we beat you next week it's hard to see how you'll get back into it. The gap could potentially be 10 points.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Absolutely dire performance by all accounts.

Not holding out much hope for Basel, or United next weekend. Take me back to last season.

ReputationRep:
    A win against Basel and a point at OT will probably keep Liverpools season alive.

ReputationRep:
    Ffs it'll be just typical if you guys beat us at OT but nothing from your performances suggest that.

We've been on red hot form at home and i hope we give back all the pain you guys gave us last season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bridcutt & O'Shea were superb for us today, you guys looked very poor though. Very, very poor

ReputationRep:
    I'm still reserving judgment until after GW19. We're not that far behind as the rest of the guys are weak too.

We may not have won today but then Everton and Arsenal lost and Spurs drew too (I don't count Chelsea in the race for top 4).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Not sure why Rodgers is not resting Lambert, like Gerrard he cannot play 90 minutes for 3 times a week, he was anonymous today. Plus you cannot expect him alone to fair well against 4 other defenders, Borini should of come on as a 2nd stiker.
    Borini hasn't been on the bench for the last 3 or 4 games, so it appears he is either injured or has had a falling out with BR. Like today, we had 3 CM's on the bench but no striker which makes no sense if Borini is fit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    Borini hasn't been on the bench for the last 3 or 4 games, so it appears he is either injured or has had a falling out with BR. Like today, we had 3 CM's on the bench but no striker which makes no sense if Borini is fit.
    Didn't realise he had been injured, makes sense why Rodgers has been persisting with Lambert playing the full 90 minutes for the last few games. Need to buy a mobile striker in the Jan window though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Lucas was immense today. Just stopped any sort of threat by Sunderland. Completely agree - he did exactly what i was hoping he would do coming in for us at DM; something that unfportunately Gerrard doesn't have the ability for. I'm freally glad rodgers has picked up on the fact that Gerrard just can't cut it in the "quarterback" role without the movement of the SAS at the same time.

Gerrard did lift the side. There was a lot more neat and quick passing without Gerrard on the pitch but you can see his quality on the ball when he's on the pitch.

Lambert didn't get involved enough for me today. In fairness to the guy, he did okay with what he had today. you can't really expect too much from a guy brought in cheap as a reserve striker; he won't make chances out of nothing like sturridge will so you have to at least give him opportunities. we simply aren't creating enough and until we do that, our strikers will struggle.

Sterling was very up and then down. Some sheer brilliance but also some terrible decision making. 100% on the money there - at some points in the match i couldn't believe how he got past/through those players but then at other points i couldn't believe why he made such a bad decision. the problem is that when a game turns out like today with us barely creating anything, people are gonna focus more on the negative side of his game.

We have been more solid with Toure at the back. Can't see Lovren getting back in (or least he shouldn't any time soon). Toure has finally changed my opinion of him. I thought he was a bumbling idiot but it looks like he just needed a big of game time and regularity in the squad. he has great experience although i'm still slightly nervy about him paired with skrtel - i'd definitely improve on one of them. that being said, this is the best we have right now and it has looked good recently.

Markovic actually looked decent when he came on. Looks like he's getting used to the pace/power slowly. Yeah he definitely made an impact, it's just unfortunate that the rest of the players weren't really creative enough today to score. hope he improves but for now i'd definitely keep him as an impact sub with that pace; hoping for a sneaky counter attacking goal at OT
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Ffs it'll be just typical if you guys beat us at OT but nothing from your performances suggest that.

We've been on red hot form at home and i hope we give back all the pain you guys gave us last season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    honestly i don't see us having a chance in hell at beating you next week.
    however you really can't call it - when it comes to matches like these with such rivalry, anything can happen.

ReputationRep:
    Kolo Toure will be off for the ACON at some point I believe.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    https://twitter.com/Erin_ONeill_Xo/s...02646972633088

Borini ain't injured according to his GF.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mr tim)
    https://twitter.com/Erin_ONeill_Xo/s...02646972633088

Borini ain't injured according to his GF.
    Was expecting something controversial like Nasri's missus when you posted that...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well this explains everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Well this explains everything.

Oldest joke in the world atm. 1/10, you can do better lemon.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    Oldest joke in the world atm. 1/10, you can do better lemon.
    Bit harsh on Rodgers there, he's only 41.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    That's the lemon I know.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.