Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Tuchel on the game tonight:

“I don’t think the first leg result is important because we are here to bring out a new potential in the team, to see how far we are and to score at Anfield. We don’t want to score one, but two, maybe more. We want to attack and to take risks. We like to play and it’s very clear we will have to be at our best but we are ready for it.”

:eek:
    They certainly have the quality to beat us by a fair margin but we can rise up to the challenge. I love Klopp's attitude: "We certainly won't be flying a white flag. We're aware of Dortmund's quality. They can play better but so can we." Either way we have a great game on our hands tonight. No doubt the team is raring to go, atmosphere will be electric tonight.

If it was BR currently in charge I would have felt far more nervous and pessimistic, with Klopp at the helm it's the total opposite-I feel more optimistic and excited. I really can't wait to see the players he brings in this summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    They certainly have the quality to beat us by a fair margin but we can rise up to the challenge. I love Klopp's attitude: "We certainly won't be flying a white flag. We're aware of Dortmund's quality. They can play better but so can we." Either way we have a great game on our hands tonight. No doubt the team is raring to go, atmosphere will be electric tonight.

If it was BR currently in charge I would have felt far more nervous and pessimistic, with Klopp at the helm it's the total opposite-I feel more optimistic and excited. I really can't wait to see the players he brings in this summer.
    I think you sell us short to be honest.
    We're an underrated side, especially in big games.

Dortmund certainly won't be as poor as the last week but in all honesty, we restricted them really well and definitely could've scored more than one.
    Perhaps tonight will be a reality check, but when you consider Klopp has used the exact same set of players as BR, I think getting to this stage is exceptional regardless of what happens tonight.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino, Origi.

Subs: Ward, Sturridge, Lucas, Allen, Skrtel, Smith, Ojo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino, Origi.
    Lallana and Firmino over Sturridge. Interesting.
    Great to have on the bench to be honest. Only just over an hour away!

ReputationRep:
    Firmino has rarely/never played well for us from number 10.

Will be interesting to see if he pushes up to make it a proper 2 up front or not.

Lallana has shown to be undroppable in Klopp's eyes, and Allen unplayable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I think you sell us short to be honest.
    We're an underrated side, especially in big games.

Dortmund certainly won't be as poor as the last week but in all honesty, we restricted them really well and definitely could've scored more than one.
    Perhaps tonight will be a reality check, but when you consider Klopp has used the exact same set of players as BR, I think getting to this stage is exceptional regardless of what happens tonight.
    Dortmund have been on great form this season and their attacking threat is something to be very wary about. Aubameyang, Mkhi and Reus have scored over 40 goals between them! I know we've performed well in the big games this season but at 1-1 the tie hangs finely in the balance. I'm not saying we have no hope of getting through, it's just that considering our defensive frailties we can easily end up conceding two goals from a corner/FK. I hope I'm proven wrong though!

Not to mention we got through to the league cup final! The early signs under Klopp looks very positive, if Klopp can lead us to winning the EL then it'll be magnificent all things considered.

ReputationRep:
    4-4-2 it seems. I'm surprised he's gone for Milner over Allen in a 2 man midfield, I don't think Milner is suited to it. Sure he works hard but he can't tackle for ****.

ReputationRep:
    iwobi>origi

ReputationRep:
    Why did we rest Allen at the weekend if we arent starting him tonight? Surprised Milner is in midfield over anyone else. Not sure he'll deal with the pace well.

How long will Firmino last?

ReputationRep:
    I assume Milner is starting due to all his experience and he is the VC after all. He'll probably be needed to calm things down when the team seems to be overrun, plus his work ethic is second to none.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    1-0 BVB

ReputationRep:
    oh dear

ReputationRep:
    coutinho > martial

ReputationRep:
    Kloppout Blow?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    2-0

ReputationRep:
    D:

ReputationRep:
    0-2
    #rekt

They're just too good to be honest.
    Can't see us getting back from this, we're playing terribly.

ReputationRep:
    lol this is going to get embarassing

ReputationRep:
    absolutely shrekt

ReputationRep:
    going for 5-0

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.