Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Are your progesterone levels low?
    You are one weird individual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    Finally sat the dreaded thing today. Really pissed off if I have to be honest:

VR: 560
    QR: 690
    AR: 600
    SJT: Band 2

Average = 617

Really pissed off. It's not a bad score and I am grateful that it's better than my mocks, but I am really upset that I missed my target score of 700 avergae by MILES. I practiced sooo much. The resources for those interested that I used were:
    - Kaplan 'score higher on UKCAT' book
    - Official Mocks A,B,C
    - Medify (ALL practice questions and ALL ocks etc)
    - ISC 1000Q book including the mock
    - Kaplan online practice test bundle, mocks A,B,C
    - UKCAT Ninja
    - Blackstone Tutors workbook from course
    - UKCAT for Dummies (briefly)
    - How to Master UKCAT (briefly)
    Would like to say these resources helped but clearly didn't get me what I wanted. The real thing was probably most similar to the Kaplan Book for the QR, Official Mocks for AR, VR Medify.

VR: The passages were nowehre near as long as everybody had been stating. Maybe 4/5 paragraphs on average. But the paragraphs were quite detailed. My main problem here was that alot of the texts were quite complex including the questions. I would have been happier with 600 in this section but 560 isn't far off so can't overly complain.

QR: This screwed me over. After skipping the first 10 questions I was panicking and thinking if they were all that difficult. So I slowed down to answer some. BIG MISTAKE. ALL THE EASY ONES WERE AT THE END. I had two sets on pie charts (near end). Really got pissed off because when i began to guess as time was finishing I saw all the easy ones at the end. I really do mean ALL THE EASY ONES. Was hoping for 750+ in this section so really annoyed but when I came out, considering I skipped so many I wasn't too upset with 690.

AR: WTF. The patterns were so easy I was like YAAAAAS. I come and see I got 600... f**k. Like, I am still confused? The patterns I got all fitted and I genuinely was expecting a minimum of 700 once I finished so 600 was like a dagger in my chest.

SJT: Lots of LONG passages with like 2 questions on it only.

Good luck to everyone still to take it. I am really pissed off and don't actually know what to do. I was hoping to apply to Edinburgh but that's out the window now. I would prefer me to stay in Scotland unless it's like oxbridge etc as I have to pay for my own Uni fees. Would appreciate any help now.

Any questions pls feel free to ask although you probably won't want to considering how much i messed that up
    I'm sorry to hear your sad about your score! I had the same thing with AR, I thought I was getting most of the patterns correct but they must have out some sneaky ones in. Aberdeen and Dundee put emphasis on academics so maybe investigate those? Also there is the BMAT since you mentioned oxbridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    The ???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just wondering if thats the reason u are so sensitive atm

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if thats the reason u are so sensitive atm
    Surprisingly normally boys play the hormonal card, quite ironic to hear it from a girl ngl 😂 not used to it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Da hell just happened on this thread. Few hours ago people were discussing UKCAT, now someone's talkin' bout progesterone levels? Wow...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masterscientist2)
    Da hell just happened on this thread. Few hours ago people were discussing UKCAT, now someone's talkin' bout progesterone levels? Wow...?
    😂 lmao tell me about I think I need to publish my recent blood test results or something just to make myself get cleared 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    😂 lmao tell me about I think I need to publish my recent blood test results or something just to make myself get cleared 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why are you so sensitive then

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I'm a Scottish applicant. Was wondering how the unis are supposed to know what AH's or other highers you are taking in S6. Are you meant to include it in your personal statement?

ReputationRep:
    Onto more important things, does anyone know the UKCAT score HYMS require in general? I don't know might need to change an option. I have a band 1 but 667 average, I know they are quite heavy and I don't score full points on GCSEs so reckon I should just continue with my previous options? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

😂
    😂
    😂

ReputationRep:
    Why are you so sensitive then
    I've said about 4 times if you want to talk then PM me, I tried to help someone tonight just like you were, I wasn't the one that got sensitive from my point of view. Anyway PM me like I said if you'd like to continue talking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how to scan??? 😂 i know this sounds stupid but i really don't know how to and its resulting in me having a 550 score in VR???? my test is in 4 days and would really appreciate any help!!

ReputationRep:
    I've said about 4 times if you want to talk then PM me, I tried to help someone tonight just like you were, I wasn't the one that got sensitive from my point of view. Anyway PM me like I said if you'd like to continue talking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you scared to speak on here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    does anyone know how to scan??? 😂 i know this sounds stupid but i really don't know how to and its resulting in me having a 550 score in VR???? my test is in 4 days and would really appreciate any help!!
    So to scan I normally look for key words! Then when I come across those key words I start reading the sentences before/after it etc so just around the keywords! I also try to look at all 4 statements as normally 2 share similar keywords so that could save time as you can eliminate 2 choices potentially! It's hard to resist the urge to read so it's not stupid at all! Scanning isn't the easiest option for every question but I'm sure you are already aware of when to flag, you'll be fine Hun! Good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you scared to speak on here?
    I've said multiple times I don't want to clog up the thread, I think most people on this thread can see where I'm coming from lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is applying to King's too risky with UKCAT 660 average and Band 2?
    I'm predicted A*A*AA or A*A*A*A.
    GCSEs: 6A*s 4As (not that amazing as I've done in 6 months due to late arrival in the UK)
    AS: AAAAA
    Pretty strong PS and reference
    I was thinking of the extended degree... but I don't know if they will consider me because of high predictions.
    Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    So to scan I normally look for key words! Then when I come across those key words I start reading the sentences before/after it etc so just around the keywords! I also try to look at all 4 statements as normally 2 share similar keywords so that could save time as you can eliminate 2 choices potentially! It's hard to resist the urge to read so it's not stupid at all! Scanning isn't the easiest option for every question but I'm sure you are already aware of when to flag, you'll be fine Hun! Good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks for your help doll! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackster556)
    Hi all,

I'm a Scottish applicant. Was wondering how the unis are supposed to know what AH's or other highers you are taking in S6. Are you meant to include it in your personal statement?
    When you fill in your UCAS application there's a section for subjects you are currently studying. There is no need to mention it in your PS unless you want to talk about what you learned from it that applies to your chosen course. Hope this helpeeeeeed,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuba123)
    When you fill in your UCAS application there's a section for subjects you are currently studying. There is no need to mention it in your PS unless you want to talk about what you learned from it that applies to your chosen course. Hope this helpeeeeeed,
    Thank you very much, been so busy with my personal statement haven't even looked at all the UCAS sections yet lmao. This helped so much thanks.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2017

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.