Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullseye1)
    I think you were meant to write because they used a directional hypothesis, that they asked us to write earlier. I was gonna write that ^ but then it said a "new anxiety programme" so there was no previous research indicating that it would work.
    So what did you write for that question?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't really revise bio therapies .. (Only loopa predictions) is it okay if I evaluated bio therapies with psycho therapies and explanations such as family intervention strategies...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shazam16)
    So what did you write for that question?
    I literally wrote "because they used a directional hypothesis" - it was only one mark and it makes sense, plus the consensus on here seems to be that that is the right answer! Anyway it's only 1 mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lazy96)
    I didn't really revise bio therapies .. (Only loopa predictions) is it okay if I evaluated bio therapies with psycho therapies and explanations such as family intervention strategies...
    You might pick up some marks for it depends how mean they want to be. I had a paragraph on them with a study saying drugs and CBT together are more effective.

I really didnt expext biological therapies to come up i think there was a 12 marker for it in 2013 have a look at mark scheme 😋

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys:')

Do the examiners accept the use of asterisks and extentions of the essays on a different page? I had time at the end to add a little more to a few essays and used asterisks as well as indicating which page the rest of my answer would be on (the last page of the booklet as i filled up the rest...) Will examiners still mark these as part of my answer?:/

ReputationRep:
    It said "evaluate the EFFECTIVENESS of this intervention" (addiction) and I evaluated it based on its cost, availability etc 😩 Would that be ok ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olijm)
    Omg what??? You're joking link?
    http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/admin/t_...-GCE-JUN17.PDF

Page 13 and 15 good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lazy96)
    I think you would get credit for that if you said why it makes the biological treatments the reductionist ie drugs might only be treating the effect of the schizophrenia and family intervention may better target the cause if that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artymaniac)
    Do you guys kno if we can resit the a2 exams next year?
    Yes, heres the timetable:
    page 13 for psya3 and 15 for psya4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romanoff)
    I'd have to disagree, if you look at the stem of the question, what you wrote has literally been copied off the third line in the second paragraph.

Also, if you look at the stem, they do state that when the programme ended anxiety scores were taken. Keeping in mind this is still the small scale investigation.

If you wrote something along the lines of: "anxiety scores will be significantly greater before the 6 week programme compared to after the 6 week programme"

Then you'd get the marks.
    Oh phew - that's what I wrote! I was a little worried after reading some others :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadsss123456)
    Did anyone ask for extra paper ? And if they did, did it have a place for you to sign to say it's your own work?!! I'm stressing out because I didn't sign anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes i did and got another booklet!! it wasn't lined which was annoying but there was a box at the front to say how many booklets you have used altogether. Though I'm sure your invigilator will fill this in!!

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys put for the statistical test ? I put Whitney - Mann instead of mann Whitney lol. Will i lose marks ?

ReputationRep:
    For the question where you had to sketch the graph..

How many marks out of 4 will I get if I only forgot to label the Y axis but labelled the experimental and control group with 2 bars in each group (4 bars overall) representing the median and range of each accurately on the X axis?

Also was there any need for a title? As I asked my teacher and he said they do not award marks for a title unless asked for directly in the question?

ReputationRep:

maths to read a mark scheme?

g'wan
    Yes baby g, holla me on results day and let me know how you did yeah x

ReputationRep:
    thank ya
    (Original post by Biologist123)
    Yes, heres the timetable:
    page 13 for psya3 and 15 for psya4

ReputationRep:
    Well, t'was nice panicking over psychology with y'all

Let's all hope for the best now aha

ReputationRep:
    I'd have to disagree, if you look at the stem of the question, what you wrote has literally been copied off the third line in the second paragraph.

Also, if you look at the stem, they do state that when the programme ended anxiety scores were taken. Keeping in mind this is still the small scale investigation.

If you wrote something along the lines of: "anxiety scores will be significantly greater before the 6 week programme compared to after the 6 week programme"

Then you'd get the marks.
    Wouldn't it be lower after the anxiety management haha

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise you have to outline ONE biological approach to initiation of smoking I wrote genetics and pre-natal exposure. Will I lose marks even if i wrote 4 marks worth on genetics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheep21)
    I didn't realise you have to outline ONE biological approach to initiation of smoking I wrote genetics and pre-natal exposure. Will I lose marks even if i wrote 4 marks worth on genetics?
    'most credit-worthy explanation will be marked'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheep21)
    I think it said explain the biological approach to the initiation of smoking so it doesn't have to just be one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 4, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.