Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Good. Spurs could had done some serious damage with a 100m war chest. Bale is one major injury from losing his pace thus his game. Only thing that worries me is if they get soldado as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    I n recent times, Liverpool are always overhyped this time of the season. All the supposedly omniscient footballing people always either have them ahead of us or on par with us. Same thing with Spurs with many having them ahead of us. We all know what will happen come May.

Personally, not worried about us finishing in top 4 at all even with our current squad as it is. Spurs have reached their ceiling- forever in our shadow and all that. It's about us using that (stolen Cannes) money to push on and start challenging the top 3 and make this season even more exciting. The PL hasn't, even for a league known to be forever changing managers, gone through this much changes especially at its apex. Many surprises ahead of us and long may it benefit us.

Funny you'd accuse people of clutching on straws and bring that Thiago has won CL into the argument. Ross Turnball must be some amazing keeper then..........

All of Thiago's hype has come from friendlies or pointless matches.
    Yet again an Arsenal fan cant see a blatantly obvious point. :rofl:

Performing in the biggest domestic clash in world football is a bit more than a pointless match. Or did you see the Euros this summer where Isco, Illarramendi and co were in his shadow? ;-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Doesnt the fact we're in for a 40m player indicate the ambition to win competitions like the CL? Arsenal 2005-2013 is not an indication of the competitiveness of the club, so not sure why some morons believe that.

Not sure why LFC fans are attacking Arsenal because your only good player doesnt want to play for a midtable club. Look at your own club if you want to be angry.
    If I want to be angry..? It was a joke...... not even bothered if Suarez leaves if we get 50mil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxKINGxxx)
    Good. Spurs could had done some serious damage with a 100m war chest. Bale is one major injury from losing his pace thus his game. Only thing that worries me is if they get soldado as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If spurs get soldado and keep bale their team will be dangerous and to be honest if you was picking an arsenal tottenham XI there would be more spurs players
    -----------------Lloris--------------------
    --Walker--Dawson--Mertesacker--Vertonghen
    ------------Wilshere------Dembele----------
    -----Walcott-------Cazorla---------Bale
    -------------------Soldado-----------------

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    If spurs get soldado and keep bale their team will be dangerous and to be honest if you was picking an arsenal tottenham XI there would be more spurs players
    How does walker get there in front of sagna, from preseason it looks as of sagna is getting back to his best
    I'd probably have koscielny there, there's not much difference between our left backs and theirs (don't they play vertoghen at CB?)
    They haven't got soldado yet so lets not panic
    edit

Also we've not factored in any of our possible signings, I'm sure Wenger will bring in at least one qquality player
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha looks like another player you've been linked with is a goner

'Arsenal were thought to want to sign Atletico Mineiro's Bernard but his agent has been quoted as saying the playmaker is close to joining Porto or Shakhtar Donetsk. It is expected there will be confirmation on Bernard’s future on Monday or Tuesday'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    Get Dawson out of there and replace with Koscielny.

(Original post by printergirl)
    How does walker get there in front of sagna, from preseason it looks as of sagna is getting back to his best
    I'd probably have koscielny there, there's not much difference between our left backs and theirs (don't they play vertoghen at CB?)
    They haven't got soldado yet so lets not panic

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Using Pre-season as an indicator is a pretty poor way to judge a player. Walker still ahead of Sagna until he proves otherwise this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    I would replace Walker and Dawson with Sagna and Koscielny but yes unfortunately Spurs are only improving and if Wenger doesn't spend money there is a good chance if them finishing above us this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    You're talking nonsense son, like proper sour scouser
    Swear he's from Catalonia? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameronHayward)
    If I want to be angry..? It was a joke...... not even bothered if Suarez leaves if we get 50mil.
    You're clearly bitter as **** that your only decent player wants out. Deal with it

ReputationRep:
    Swear he's from Catalonia? :rolleyes:
    Really? So that's why he supports barca. All this time I thought he was just a plastic barca supporter born and raised in Liverpool. My bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Get Dawson out of there and replace with Koscielny.

Using Pre-season as an indicator is a pretty poor way to judge a player. Walker still ahead of Sagna until he proves otherwise this season.
    (Original post by Sám)
    I would replace Walker and Dawson with Sagna and Koscielny but yes unfortunately Spurs are only improving and if Wenger doesn't spend money there is a good chance if them finishing above us this season.
    Are you forgetting that Dawson was gunna be a QPR player but rejected the money move and stayed and fought for his position. easily the first name on the spurs team sheet. sagna has had too many mistakes.. not the player he was 3 seasons ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Really? So that's why he supports barca. All this time I thought he was just a plastic barca supporter born and raised in Liverpool. My bad
    JK, he's about as plastic as it gets. Honestly expecting him to jump on the Bayern wagon before too much longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    Are you forgetting that Dawson was gunna be a QPR player but rejected the money move and stayed and fought for his position. easily the first name on the spurs team sheet. sagna has had too many mistakes.. not the player he was 3 seasons ago
    Still rate Koscielny ahead of him. Have no qualms about Walker ahead of Sagna though.

ReputationRep:
    You're clearly bitter as **** that your only decent player wants out. Deal with it
    seriously look back at my post. I was talking about CELTIC. A Scottish team from the joke of a Scottish league which automatically makes them a joke. If you can't tell I'm telling a joke when I'm talking about a Scottish team and ambition, then wow. Don't need to get all teared up about it.

I'm not bitter, I've been saying on the Liverpool thread since the Suarez-Ivanovic incident that I think it's time we got rid and moved on if we can get decent money for him. Rather it wasn't Arsenal but not massively bothered if it is, because it stops them spending that money improving other positions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Considerably better league? Lmao. The PL is far, far behind La Liga and the Bundesliga.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hold back a little. 'Far behind'?? The Bundesliga has only been a decent league for the last couple of years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    Not sure if it's already been posted yet but the BBC have pretty much confirmed Bale has signed a new 2-year contract at Spurs. Ffs.

Here's the link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/1420259.stm
    Ok it's a double whammy for us if he has signed a new deal as spurs are getting stronger and Real Madrid will now look elsewhere ie Suarez for a transfer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Yet again an Arsenal fan cant see a blatantly obvious point. :rofl:

Performing in the biggest domestic clash in world football is a bit more than a pointless match. Or did you see the Euros this summer where Isco, Illarramendi and co were in his shadow? ;-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Keep clutching on those straws

Isco and Illara in Thago's shadow :facepalm2: Did you even watch the tournament.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Hold back a little. 'Far behind'?? The Bundesliga has only been a decent league for the last couple of years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmmm, I get what you mean - ie performances of teams from the PL in Europe and the number of world class talents playing in the PL. However I wouldn't just judge a league on those qualities. The Bundesliga has many things going for it that are very much superior to the Premier league. Has the highest average attendance, fan owned clubs, safe standing, beer allowed on the terraces, affordable tickets - hence fantastic atmospheres, great youth set ups which promote GERMAN talent as opposed to mostly importing talented youngsters from abroad (which is no bad thing, but I always admire clubs which produce local talent.)

The way the supporter is treated in Germany is many levels above how we are treated here in Ingerland. Arsenal get criticised for how we treat supporters (not an unjust criticism to be fair) but most PL clubs are just as bad.

Of course the Bundesliga has big problems as well, like the monopoly of Bayern, but its got a lot of positives that all football supporters should want replicated here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Because Arsenal fans are by far the easiest to wind up. You guys are so painfully uptight your arses must twitching like a rabbits nose 24/7. God help the toilets of North London if you ever actually win anything again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wrong there sir, Liverpool fans are the easiest to wind up by a mile!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.