Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, remembered the point and it is not suitable for general thread consumption

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    I've sworn off facebook for that very reason. Too many people i knew were using it to brag about their lives when really they're obviously only posting the positives. Was there a reason why they went, like was it to celebrate something? Maybe he wanted to talk to her about something in private, you never know.
    well my sisters pregnant, but shes been pregnant for the past 8 months...
    he hasnt spoken to me in ages, and genuinly doesnt care about me, hes always spent more time talking to my brother and sister.
    nandos isnt even somewhere my sister would choose to go, and its also about half an hour to an hours drive away, where as theres places they could go round where we live...
    he quite literally doesnt care about me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    well my sisters pregnant, but shes been pregnant for the past 8 months...
    he hasnt spoken to me in ages, and genuinly doesnt care about me, hes always spent more time talking to my brother and sister.
    nandos isnt even somewhere my sister would choose to go, and its also about half an hour to an hours drive away, where as theres places they could go round where we live...
    he quite literally doesnt care about me.
    Family politics is the worst. What are your grandparents like? Who needs nandos, i bet if you went round (if you live near them) they'd make you lunch, that's what grandparents are for.

ReputationRep:
    Family politics is the worst. What are your grandparents like? Who needs nandos, i bet if you went round (if you live near them) they'd make you lunch, that's what grandparents are for.
    only have one grandparent left, so its not too great

just wish my dad would ask me how i am now and again, considering he chose to get my mum pregnant while he was having an affair, then leave us for her

ReputationRep:

just wish my dad would ask me how i am now and again, considering he chose to get my mum pregnant while he was having an affair, then leave us for her
    You deserve so much more than that

ReputationRep:
    Anyone ever had to ask to have hours at work cut in order to help relieve stress and depression? I'm considering doing this, and I feel quite weak for it, but maybe it's for the best for now, at least until I get better. I keep constantly feeling very tired and down at work, I have RSI in one of my wrists, and every minute of my 9 hour shifts I'm just waiting to rush back home into my bed haha.

ReputationRep:
    You deserve so much more than that
    guess im used to it

used to being left on my own, and him ignoring me and hating me.

ReputationRep:
    Went out with a friend, had a real nice time

Tomorrow I'll hear back if I got the position or not
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Anyone ever had to ask to have hours at work cut in order to help relieve stress and depression? I'm considering doing this, and I feel quite weak for it, but maybe it's for the best for now, at least until I get better. I keep constantly feeling very tired and down at work, I have RSI in one of my wrists, and every minute of my 9 hour shifts I'm just waiting to rush back home into my bed haha.
    Yep, had reduced hours at both my internships. The first internship went from being 4.5 days proper office hours, to eventually 3 days 11am-4pm (with a one hour lunch break ) :getmecoat: It's not weak at all to prioritise your health and it's in your boss's best interests to help you work when you can and have a healthier, happy worker, than to have you constantly taking sick leave to cope :yes:

ReputationRep:

Oh man that is not nice

My dad was and is always there for me, I never understood how other dads can be different. As someone else said, you don't deserve that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Oh man that is not nice

My dad was and is always there for me, I never understood how other dads can be different. As someone else said, you don't deserve that!
    only ever had 1 full set, as my mums parents died well before i was born, so only had my dads, but then i guess i have my step dads mum, then a family friend who is 77 is like a nana to me i guess....
    so im used to it.

see i could never imagine a father figure being there for me, although i have my step dad, hes not very paternal...
    and its why iv always struggled with relationships... this is my first serious relationship iv ever had that im in now, that im not scared of being left or being cheated on...

Hey, I know I don't post here that much, but is there anyone around for me to talk to? Really on edge right now, could do with a chat if anyones free. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey, I know I don't post here that much, but is there anyone around for me to talk to? Really on edge right now, could do with a chat if anyones free. Thanks.
    Hey, if you still want to talk, PM me if you'd like.

ReputationRep:
    Ergh this is so frustrating. I put my name down to volunteer at an animal shelter but every day I wimp out of going. I'm really frightened of doing it. Only been once in 5 weeks I've been doing a lot of thinking and I think I know what I'm scared of - first the bus is only every 30minutes so I can't leave when I want and it's a 4 mile walk home, second I'm worried there will be loads of volunteers so I won't have enough work to do and I'll just be standing there feeling awkward. This is crazy, I'm 25years old and still such a wimp. Anyone got any tips for how I can get myself to go? I actually really want to it's just I can't.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of night time noises and im so not doing well
    Really dont know whats up but i hate it
    So so tired but cant get to sleep.
    All i want to do is cry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Today is really hard. Really hard. Not quite sure why stuff has to be so ****ty. And I've just realised (im a great housemate) that im home alone which is really really not great. Anxiety has rocketed and im feeling quite impulsive. Dont know why my head has to be such a bomb site. Need to be right but i dont know how. ****. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sultana)
    Today is really hard. Really hard. Not quite sure why stuff has to be so ****ty. And I've just realised (im a great housemate) that im home alone which is really really not great. Anxiety has rocketed and im feeling quite impulsive. Dont know why my head has to be such a bomb site. Need to be right but i dont know how. ****. :cry:
    Dunno if this will help, but could you try turning the tv on? When I'm home alone I either put music on loud or turn the tv on just so's I'm not alone.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of night time noises and im so not doing well
    Really dont know whats up but i hate it
    So so tired but cant get to sleep.
    All i want to do is cry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you manage to sleep in the end? Feeling better in the morning?

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who knew this week was going to be tough - it's gone about as well as could have been expected.

Got Nut. staying at mine now which is great. I think my family like me having a friend over cos it's a sign that I'm doing ok and being a 'normal young adult'. Hoping it's not too uncomfortable for her to be around them when she doesn't really know them that well, but trying not to get excessively focused on that thought because it's clearly not too bad or she wouldn't have come back. She's staying until Monday I think, I'm at work today and I think over the weekend we're just gonna relax, bake, and cuddle the animals. Should be nice.

(Original post by Sultana)
    :jumphug: Next time you Skype me be all honest, yeah? I could have stayed around. :hugs: Hope you're doing a bit better today, here if you need someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Did you manage to sleep in the end? Feeling better in the morning?
    I did after having my boyfriend on skype then having to eat some oreos and tossing and turning.

Urrm im very tired and dont know about all my thoughts so im not sure
    Cheers though

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.