Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXII watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    We're making progress in areas and beating big teams, but we're prone to injuries and when they hit we're done for. Very easy to lose 10-15 points in an injury patch if you have 4 or 5 players out.

We need more depth in key areas to compete. Chelsea may not have many defenders (6 I believe) but all 6 are pretty excellent in most defensive roles, its what Sagna helped with over the years, the ability for a fullback to play CB competently is crucial.

Today showed why we need a new keeper, Ospina is midtable standard, tbf I'd be able to score a pen against him the guy is tiny. Forster or Cech in the summer please (maybe a cheeky bid for Lloris).

Still think a new cb is needed and cdm and St or winger but todays helped to heal some of the wounds from last season.

Although if I'm honest, we've beaten a **** United team, a weakened city team and a weakened Liverpool, the big test is whether we can be at Chelsea

Isn't Forster injured for the rest of the season? I keep telling my self that Cech would never happen but Mourinho's recently said that he'd be willing to let Cech go where he wishes. Arsenal would provide first team football so it's not exactly out of question but the reality is he'll probably go into another league. We have 4 CB's for next season. Gabriel and Koscielny to start with Merte being our senior back up, Chambers being our 4th choice with more experience under his belt. CDM and winger is a must. I'd love a new striker but chances of that are really slim. We'll probably buy a LB, AM and set up shop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    No every united fan I know has been saying it. Interesting how you judge our supporters based on the Wenger in/outers but we cant apply the same logic to your fans...
    Can't speak for ones you know irl but on TSR it was literally just the two I mentioned plus possibly sr90 who were saying that. And when did I judge your support based on those fans?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Can't speak for ones you know irl but on TSR it was literally just the two I mentioned plus possibly sr90 who were saying that. And when did I judge your support based on those fans?
    Sr has said it plenty of times too as has drew iirc.

The last bit was a generalisation I'll be honest, seems like every opposing fan comes on here and judges the entire fan base off certain individuals. We all do it. Although I'm sure I could find a quite of you saying something generalising us if I could be bothered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Isn't Forster injured for the rest of the season? I keep telling my self that Cech would never happen but Mourinho's recently said that he'd be willing to let Cech go where he wishes. Arsenal would provide first team football so it's not exactly out of question but the reality is he'll probably go into another league. We have 4 CB's for next season. Gabriel and Koscielny to start with Merte being our senior back up, Chambers being our 4th choice with more experience under his belt. CDM and winger is a must. I'd love a new striker but chances of that are really slim. We'll probably buy a LB, AM and set up shop
    Forster would help the home grown number increase but I question how much of an improvement he is. Agree on Cech but I could see Lloris happening strangely, he's got no real ties to Tottenham tbh.
    Chambers isn't a good enough 4th option IMO, especially as 4th option is guaranteed to play at least 10 games for us.
    Lb is completely unecessay right now, Gibbs and Monreal have both been good. An am like Sterling who can play in all 4 positions up top is inviting but I'd rather a Lacazette or Pedro tbh

ReputationRep:
    first time for everything....we can beat Jose at our place, no problem.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger has never got the better of Mourinho. Maybe it'll change but i doubt it. I think it'll be a draw between Chelsea and Arsenal and they'll probably virtually seal the title there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    We'd be able to offer Cech top wages, Champions League football, and the chance to win more trophies...

It sounds like Cech would take a move to us as well

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I honestly didn't think we would smash Liverpool, but I'm happy I was wrong.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by angelfox)
    We'd be able to offer Cech top wages, Champions League football, and the chance to win more trophies...

It sounds like Cech would take a move to us as well
    He's won the FA Cup enough times already :lol:

There's absolutely no chance he'll sell you Cech. No chance.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah mourinho wouldn't piss on wenger if he was burning. Cech ain't happening.

ReputationRep:
    Would have been a better situation if his contract was running out, unfortunately that's not the case. He would have been a nice fit at Liverpool, but Mignolet has improved quite a bit since the start of the season so they'll do just fine with him. Honestly can't see him go to another club in the prem. Will be kinda sad to see him leave Chelsea though considering how long he's been there, bit like the Lampard situation.

Gerrard leaving although quite humorous, is sad to.it's like the end of the generation of footballers I grew up with.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well done to you lot for a good performance yesterday. Sanchez has looked below par lately, but his goal yesterday was fantastic. I expected better from Liverpool, but those 3 goals in 8 minutes destroyed any chance they had.

Confident of second? I think if we could beat City next week and don't have some silly collapse, the fight for second place could be very interesting indeed. May even rest on the match at OT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayles101)
    Well done to you lot for a good performance yesterday. Sanchez has looked below par lately, but his goal yesterday was fantastic. I expected better from Liverpool, but those 3 goals in 8 minutes destroyed any chance they had.

Confident of second? I think if we could beat City next week and don't have some silly collapse, the fight for second place could be very interesting indeed. May even rest on the match at OT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Ah sorry Lucio! How you hanging up? Shocked by yesterday, or did you keep a pessimistic head on before KO?

Football can be a cruel game that's the truth. Last season was hell for us under Moyes. Someone else's turn I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayles101)
    Ah sorry Lucio! How you hanging up? Shocked by yesterday, or did you keep a pessimistic head on before KO?

Football can be a cruel game that's the truth. Last season was hell for us under Moyes. Someone else's turn I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The United game destroyed me and made me completely give up on hope; something I thought I'd never do.

Expected a loss but not like that.
    Didn't expect our players to just give up and be humiliated in quite that manner.
    Obviously the United loss will have deflated them, but these are professionals and they really should be ashamed in their performance over the last few weeks.

I suppose it's just further evidence that we aren't good enough for top 4.
    We simply cannot show consistency under Rodgers and as a supporter it really sucks.

Obviously it's nice to be the best team in the league for a brief time, but in the end if you don't reach your targets, that's all for nothing :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    The United game destroyed me and made me completely give up on hope; something I thought I'd never do.

Didn't expect our players to just give up and be humiliated in quite that manner.
    Obviously the United loss will have deflated them, but these are professionals and they really should be ashamed in their performance over the last few weeks.

We simply cannot show consistency under Rodgers and as a supporter it really sucks.

Obviously it's nice to be the best team in the league for a brief time, but in the end if you don't reach your targets, that's all for nothing :/
    It'd probably have been easier if your good run didn't happen. You could have wrote the season off, accepted things and started planning for next season.

But you put a good run together and gave yourselves hope. And rightly so, as you were within 2 points and would have been level with us had we not scored in the 90th minute vs Newcastle. But as you said, all that clawing points back doesn't mean anything if you fall at the final few hurdles.

There is 7 games left of course. But it's a big ask. I don't think you could afford to drop more than maybe two points out of 21 in your remaining games to have a chance. Seems like a big big ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

You are absolutely right you're not good enough and you won't be any time soon. Liverpool cant sign good players even Salah and Shaqiri rejected you. Liverpool fans have to accept they are no longer a top club in England much less Europe.

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget 2011-12 season when after winning the League Cup, Liverpool got how many league points in the remaining league fixtures?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Don't forget 2011-12 season when after winning the League Cup, Liverpool got how many league points in the remaining league fixtures?

How many?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.