Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You know it's bad times when I've shagged more girls over the course of the transfer window than arsenal have signed players

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zander01)
    You know it's bad times when I've shagged more girls over the course of the transfer window than arsenal have signed players
    Did you pay as much as Arsenal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Not about paying x amount for a player. It's that I'd rather us pay over the odds and actually get a world class player who can turn us into potential PL winners and CL contenders (yes I think he or another world class striker could) rather than be tight and end up with f*ck all.
    But Wenger has already shown he's willing to pay over the odds for genuine world class talent ie Ozil. The trouble will always be finding the talent in the first place and their availability. PSG, Bayern and Real were never going to sell their strikers no matter how much we offered. Is buying a player a level below world class really going to help us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Did you pay as much as Arsenal?
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brad Cole)
    You know it's bad times when Arsenal have signed more players over the course of the transfer window than Luke has shagged girls in his entire life
    Your first post and it's wrong, nice one mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zander01)
    #humblebrag

ReputationRep:
    Not difficult really. I mean being a scouser those girls were probably his cousins.

sorry Zander

ReputationRep:
    the banter never ends

ReputationRep:
    Lold

ReputationRep:
    Love the cynical angle they're presenting this with on the BBC frontpage spread:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34120034

Young attractive migrant means no harms! Or maybe I am the cynical one

ReputationRep:
    Turns out you did sign a striker after all

https://twitter.com/paddypower/statu...05736731844608

ReputationRep:
    Last few pages were a good read

ReputationRep:
    Wenger getting a lot of flak for not signing players but really you have a great squad and had 3 weak areas - GK, DM and ST. Wenger signed a top quality GK and didn't lose any key players.

I think it's still a positive window but I guess the disappointment is that it feels like an opportunity missed? The ST/DM would've been the difference between winning the league and finishing 3rd.

ReputationRep:
    loling at shots from all over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    You'd pay £80M for Benz? Do you really think if Benz came he'd transform us into league winners and CL contenders?
    You were rarely CL contenders when you had one of the best squads in Europe. Benzema wouldn't do that. You're not CL contenders because your manager is a buffoon

ReputationRep:
    Ngl I feel like Benzema would've flopped at Arsenal. I was always hoping we would go for Higuain again :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Ngl I feel like Benzema would've flopped at Arsenal. I was always hoping we would go for Higuain again :moon:
    No way is Higuin better than Benzema

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    No way is Higuin better than Benzema

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just prefer Higuain :dontknow:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wenger Out

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Arsenal were the only side in Europe’s top 5 leagues (Spain, Germany, Italy, England, France) not to sign a single outfield player.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.