Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Like honestly, I get that you guys don't get along but I'm genuinely interested in this thread and my phone keeps buzzing... michaela__ I tried tagging Squishy but it's not happening. Honestly, it's nothing personal. Just want to make that clear. #dontroastmeplz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    I've said multiple times I don't want to clog up the thread, I think most people on this thread can see where I'm coming from lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    So your aim is to get people to sympathise with you? aww poor you.
    You literally made a false claim, i proved you wrong then you got offended because i didn't add any emojis or cute text language and accused me of being cold. I was straight to the point and you called me passive aggressive for it.
    Now you are hoping for others to come to your aid and sympathise with you and you are acting overly sensitive suggesting i have a problem with you because in each previous time we spoke, i never sugar coated my speech with you.
    You took offence in the first place, either due to boredom or over sensitivity and then you are implying there is something wrong with my behaviour and also now acting like a victim.

Just focus on your application and stop being petty.
    I put a smiley face in case you accused me of being cold again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackster556)
    Thank you very much, been so busy with my personal statement haven't even looked at all the UCAS sections yet lmao. This helped so much thanks.
    Haha, no worries. Still waiting for my slow af teacher to give me feedback on my first draft. If I can't find her I'm just going to re-draft tomorrow evening... All the best!!!!!!!!! I know what you mean - there's so many "little bits" to the application process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Why are you so sensitive then
    Are you guys still arguing? Thought it ended weeks ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    So your aim is to get people to sympathise with you? aww poor you.
    You literally made a false claim, i proved you wrong then you got offended because i didn't add any emojis or cute text language and accused me of being cold. I was straight to the point and you called me passive aggressive for it.
    Now you are hoping for others to come to your aid and sympathise with you and you are acting overly sensitive suggesting i have a problem with you because in each previous time we spoke, i never sugar coated my speech with you.
    You took offence in the first place, either due to boredom or over sensitivity and then you are implying there is something wrong with my behaviour and also now acting like a victim.

Just focus on your application and stop being petty.
    I put a smiley face in case you accused me of being cold again
    Bloody hell 😂 didn't know this was gonna go on tonight. Whatever happened/you think happened be mature and come speak to me on PM. I was never offended at all, this whole thing is very laughable indeed. I don't hope for anyone to come for my aid as I all did was double check with that user about Exeter to be safe they knew it was used in one tier. Now please leave me alone and don't be inappropriate by asking me about my hormone levels thank you 👌🏼 goodbye

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    Are you guys still arguing? Thought it ended weeks ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've been trying to get it sorted but alas no outcome 😛ah well this one wasn't as bad as last time 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    the one time that I stop stalking the thread and the conversation changes from ukcat to hormones? oh dear 😂

ReputationRep:
    Just did the bloody thing today. By the time I finished, I had a splitting headache from staring at a computer screen for so long. But somehow I managed to get a 730 average: QR 720, VR 700, AR 770, band 1 SJ. Doing the test confirmed my suspicions that it's quite an arbitrary test, and doing well relies far more on the techniques you employ than any innate ability. Most importantly, be ruthless about leaving a question if you're spending too much time on it. An easy question is worth just as much as a hard one, and by wasting time on the harder questions you've probably lost the opportunity to do 3 easy ones. Go with your initial gut instinct rather than deliberate for too long, more often than not it's the right one. Also, I'm not sure if this is just me, but the 'progression' type questions in AR are by far the easiest to gain marks on, but they're often near the end of the test, so make sure you give yourself time to get to these!

I think the point of the test is not really to measure intelligence, but how well you can perform under pressure and make quick decisions.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grekoiran)
    Essential UKCAT Information - 2017 Medicine Applicants (Adapted from information here)

UKCAT Sections:
    1) Verbal Reasoning
    2) Quantitative Reasoning
    3) Abstract Reasoning
    4) Decision Making (New in 2016; does not contribute to your overall score. This section has replaced decision analysis)
    5) Situational Judgement (Introduced in 2014 and does affect overall score)

Test Dates: 1st July 2016 - 5th October 2016
    Registration Deadline: 21st September 2016
    Test Location: Pearson Vue test centre
    Test Fee: £65 (£80 - if taking test after 1st September 2016)

Average UKCAT Scores (2015)
    Verbal Reasoning: 577
    Quantitative Reasoning: 685
    Abstract Reasoning: 640
    Decision Analysis: 629

Free UKCAT Resources
    Official Practice Questions
    Verbal Reasoning Practice Questions & Answers
    Verbal Reasoning Practice
    Verbal Reasoning Practice

Quantitative Reasoning Practice Questions & Answers
    Quantitative Reasoning Practice
    Quantitative Reasoning Practice
    GCSE Maths Practice

Abstract Reasoning Practice Questions & Answers
    Abstract Reasoning Practice
    Abstract Reasoning Practice

Situational Judgement Practice (More Advanced)
    Thanks mate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown_12345)
    the one time that I stop stalking the thread and the conversation changes from ukcat to hormones? oh dear 😂
    You've missed out dear 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You've missed out dear 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lmao :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell 😂 didn't know this was gonna go on tonight. Whatever happened/you think happened be mature and come speak to me on PM. I was never offended at all, this whole thing is very laughable indeed. I don't hope for anyone to come for my aid as I all did was double check with that user about Exeter to be safe they knew it was used in one tier. Now please leave me alone and don't be inappropriate by asking me about my hormone levels thank you 👌🏼 goodbye

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay. Thanks for clarifying that you aren't claiming victim or in need of saviours or on your period and you are mature.
    I got kinda confused considering this whole ordeal proved otherwise.
    You seem to have a limited range of understanding as i have proved your claims wrong in so many other comments and yet you still persist that they're right.

Maybe talk in a couple more days when you are back to normal.
    (i put two emojis this time in case you got offended)

p.s: getting your f***ed up saviours to send me private messages isn't doing anything.

ReputationRep:
    UKCAT:
    VR:480
    AR:610
    QR:720
    SJT: Band 1
    Average: 603

Predicted a first class, is it worth applying??

Many thanks in advanced for replying, pleaseee help me!!! 😫

ReputationRep:
    Why and how did you guys end up talking about periods.

Oh my days.

Let it go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would say Aberdeen is a good choice out of all Scottish unis. But I'm unsure about English unis - although Liverpool and Keele would be somewhat safe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yoboy123)
    UKCAT:
    VR:480
    AR:610
    QR:720
    SJT: Band 1
    Average: 603

Predicted a first class, is it worth applying??

Many thanks in advanced for replying, pleaseee help me!!! 😫
    Aberdeen, Keele and Liverpool seem okay tbh not sure about others tbh. Sorry!:erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Ah okay. Thanks for clarifying that you aren't claiming victim or in need of saviours or on your period and you are mature.
    You seem to have a limited range of understanding as i have proved your claims wrong in so many other comments and yet you still persist that they're right.

p.s: getting your f***ed up saviours to send me private messages isn't doing anything.
    Wanna go out with me squishy? to maccies? i love your personality <3
    Whenever someone argues with me, ill be like shut up bro, my bae squishy is gonna deal with you as she is alwayysssss right!
    JOKING!

ReputationRep:

Why called them f***** up? Never asked anyone to message you. I'm not a victim at all, now please be polite to other people especially and let me live my life peacefully thanks (menstruating or not )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuba123)
    Aberdeen, Keele and Liverpool seem okay tbh not sure about others tbh. Sorry!:erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much I'll have a look into those! )

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys do you think Liverpool is risky if my average is 650? 😞

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.