Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Hotcold more like. Unfortunately it's another group of players up top who aren't at the quality to win the league, but has just enough promise to stop us from signing better players up top.

I can't see Campbell staying after the way he has been treated. Iwobi is making a good case for starting but Campbell must still be pissed off.

It's just pathetic really, no point turning up and spunking on Watford when we ruined our entire season in the space of 2 weeks. I just hope the fans can last the next 18 months until Wenger leaves, but it appears we're being left in a very similar position as United were tbf
    Our winger situation is fine once we get one or both of walcott or chambo off the books. Still of the opinion that Wilshere/Ramsey would play better on that right wing with Sanchez on the other but we have quiet a few good options either way imo. CF upgrade is probably the one most needed but personally have no suggestions tbh.

Sanchez is too bipolar to drop sometimes but a 3 of Iwobi Ozil Campbell would be nice to see occasionally. Doubt Campbell will leave unless no one leaves the team by the end of summer imo, would be stupid to have him leave in place of wastecott. Then again players like Jeff deserve a chance too. Agree that there are too many players of the same level fighting for certain positions but tbh don't see it as the most terrible thing because I doubt Wenger would upgrade hugely if we didnt have as many of them.

I can't see us going in the way of Utd, despite Wenger being stubborn and senile occasionally he has left a huge opportunity for the next manager to take the club in the direction he wants without being protruded on by Arsene.

ReputationRep:
    Very good performance. Shame we only turn up after we've bottled every competition and have nothing to play for.

ReputationRep:
    Good old TSR, they decide that their swear filter April Fool is so good they're making it permanent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    Our winger situation is fine once we get one or both of walcott or chambo off the books. Still of the opinion that Wilshere/Ramsey would play better on that right wing with Sanchez on the other but we have quiet a few good options either way imo. CF upgrade is probably the one most needed but personally have no suggestions tbh.

Sanchez is too bipolar to drop sometimes but a 3 of Iwobi Ozil Campbell would be nice to see occasionally. Doubt Campbell will leave unless no one leaves the team by the end of summer imo, would be stupid to have him leave in place of wastecott. Then again players like Jeff deserve a chance too. Agree that there are too many players of the same level fighting for certain positions but tbh don't see it as the most terrible thing because I doubt Wenger would upgrade hugely if we didnt have as many of them.

I can't see us going in the way of Utd, despite Wenger being stubborn and senile occasionally he has left a huge opportunity for the next manager to take the club in the direction he wants without being protruded on by Arsene.
    I tend to disagree. I think RW is a position we've chronically wasted; we've never really had a top RW since moving to the Emirates. Playing CM's there isn't good enough and campbell, Iwobi, Welbeck,, Walcott, Ox, Gnabry, Jeff, (Wellington Silva lol) ALL aren't of the level to move the club forward. Some have youth on their side, but a world class RW has been sorely missed, almost as much as a striker.
    Campbell will go, no one gets treated like dirt for 5 years and thinks "I'll stay at this trophyless club". We've got very little to offer him. As for Sanchez, he's bipolar I agree, but for me you should still be able to drop him. If he isn't performing, drop him, half the time it is fatigue.

I think we severely overhype Wenger when it comes to us transitioning to a new manager. Our entire back line will need replacing in 2 years (Cech, Monreal, Mert, and probably Kosc will be too old, Bellerin will have left in all honesty). That's half the team in need of replacing. Bear in mind Gibbs is most likely leaving, and Ospina will probably go, AND Debuchy. That leaves us with 2 or 3 established defenders. There's going to be a real :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: show in from 18 months onwards if we don't have an exceptional transfer window this summer, which is difficult to envision with Wenger in charge in all honesty.

ReputationRep:
    Iwobi is such a talent.

Really excited - hope his development isn't plagued with injuries

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Iwobi is such a talent.

Really excited - hope his development is plagued with injuries

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you prick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    you prick
    ●_●

Love you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't have hgh hopes for Iwobi because he is raised in England. English players never live up to the hype

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    I don't have hgh hopes for Iwobi because he is raised in England. English players never live up to the hype
    There's a reason he chose to represent Nigeria. Your original statement is :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:s anyway

ReputationRep:
    Bellerin was unreal today too.

Often pushed Ozil out to the wing :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    There's a reason he chose to represent Nigeria. Your original statement is :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:s anyway
    3 words to some up English players are overhyped, overpaid & overrated

ReputationRep:
    Now we're only four points behind the one ahead. (Or one point ahead with our game in hand.) No problems. West Ham and Man City will bring us right back down to earth.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    I tend to disagree. I think RW is a position we've chronically wasted; we've never really had a top RW since moving to the Emirates. Playing CM's there isn't good enough and campbell, Iwobi, Welbeck,, Walcott, Ox, Gnabry, Jeff, (Wellington Silva lol) ALL aren't of the level to move the club forward. Some have youth on their side, but a world class RW has been sorely missed, almost as much as a striker.
    Campbell will go, no one gets treated like dirt for 5 years and thinks "I'll stay at this trophyless club". We've got very little to offer him. As for Sanchez, he's bipolar I agree, but for me you should still be able to drop him. If he isn't performing, drop him, half the time it is fatigue.

I think we severely overhype Wenger when it comes to us transitioning to a new manager. Our entire back line will need replacing in 2 years (Cech, Monreal, Mert, and probably Kosc will be too old, Bellerin will have left in all honesty). That's half the team in need of replacing. Bear in mind Gibbs is most likely leaving, and Ospina will probably go, AND Debuchy. That leaves us with 2 or 3 established defenders. There's going to be a real :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: show in from 18 months onwards if we don't have an exceptional transfer window this summer, which is difficult to envision with Wenger in charge in all honesty.
    Campbell Iwobi Welbeck are all solid enough imo, they can break through all but the top top teams who we aren't even challenging atm anyway i.e they're good enough to beat everyone in the league twice over if theyre kept on form imo. The rest are relatively trash and could be done away with and we could use that to bring in a top winger but i dont see it as essential. We're not really a wide playing team so I don't think its viable to invest in an out an out winger on that side but more of a playmaker who can dribble i.e Wilshere or someone who can create space for Bellerin to overlap on like he did today i.e Ramsey. Who would you suggest anyway?

Cech and Koscielny will be fine, no indication Bellerin or Gibbs want to leave, Debuchy isnt a big deal. The only faces that need replacing in 18 months will be Mert and an eventual Monreal and Cazorla replacement imo. Even so, of course the new manager is going to have to replace some faces, thats inevitable, I'm not talking about Wenger setting up the next manager with 23 yr old wonder kids in every position because thats not plausible from any manager. More so that Wengers successor wont be burdened with as much pressure to succeed as the bigger clubs but will still have the resources easily at hand to compete with them nonetheless. If I was a top manager i'd be gagging for Arsene to hand over the job to me, in all honesty I think it'll be one of the more sought after managerial roles in football in a long time.

Arsenal fans seem to have some strange complex that they continually think our players are gonna leave us when the next big thing comes calling or when they're not getting games, its illogical to bring it up in debates when no one has suggested that they're gonna leave the club imo. Gotta stop lettin them ekans and arboks of the past get to you lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    Gotta stop lettin them ekans and arboks of the past get to you lol.

Our team is full of those (on the right of the picture). Loyalty but no product.

ReputationRep:
    so in spurs difficult run:

Liverpool - 2pts dropped
    Man united -
    Stoke -
    (westbrom)
    Chelsea -

They will drop atleast another 4-6pts for me out of those 3 games.

2nd should be ours, unless we bottle that too..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Good old TSR, they decide that their swear filter April Fool is so good they're making it permanent.
    Because out of everything that needs changing, this was the most pressing matter

Makes no difference to me anyway
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Watford-Palace could be one of the poorest quality FA Cup semi-finals I've seen in recent years given both sides' recent form and their showings yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    For any hope to be alive of a late title upset leicster would need to drop points to one of: southampton, swansea, everton or southampton.

United and chelsea away wont give them 6/6 points.. I am quite confident of that, and I am sure they know it..

West ham at home could be troubling, given west hams record of turning up in big games, and that they have actually found themselves in the top4 race (3pts of city) - and would be 4th if not for a late penalty against chelsea, and a harsh redcard yestserday..

But any points dropped in the big games are irrelevant if they dont also drop something in a smaller game.

Dont think today it will happen though.

--

What would really piss me off, is if they let us back into the title race.. sey a draw against southampton, and a draw against west ham... then we would only be 4pts behind (if we win our game in hand) with easier fixtures then them..

But we then went and bottled it against city.

That would piss me off.
    Fine if they run away with it, but if by some godly grace we get another glimpse at the title, to then chuck it away... again... god that would be annoying.

ReputationRep:
    LMAO

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.