Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I did a really stupid thing for question 3 of addiction i completely forgot psychological interventions, remembered biological but I wrote all the A01 for positive reinforcement but called in therapy? LOL will i still get a few marks or nah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrojanH)
    Wouldn't it be lower after the anxiety management haha
    Yes... That's what I said?

ReputationRep:
    PSYA4 was such a good paper! Looks like a might actually get a decent grade afterall 😆

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romanoff)
    I'd have to disagree, if you look at the stem of the question, what you wrote has literally been copied off the third line in the second paragraph.

Also, if you look at the stem, they do state that when the programme ended anxiety scores were taken. Keeping in mind this is still the small scale investigation.

If you wrote something along the lines of: "anxiety scores will be significantly greater before the 6 week programme compared to after the 6 week programme"

Then you'd get the marks.
    I thought the question was referring to the writing a directional hypothesis for the small-scale investigation, which is also known as a pilot study? The stem stated that the small-scale investigation took place 'before' the main investigation took place (6 week anxiety programme)

The small-scale investigation (pilot study) was simply just to check the appropriateness of the questionnaire in measuring anxiety and has nothing to do with the anxiety programme which would be carried out in the main investigation.

So imo I think the correct directional hypothesis would be 'as scores obtained from the questionnaire increases, the level of anxiety will also increase.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sukhraj7)
    I thought the question was referring to the writing a directional hypothesis for the small-scale investigation, which is also known as a pilot study? The stem stated that the small-scale investigation took place 'before' the main investigation took place (6 week anxiety programme)

The small-scale investigation (pilot study) was simply just to check the appropriateness of the questionnaire in measuring anxiety and has nothing to do with the anxiety programme which would be carried out in the main investigation.

So imo I think the correct directional hypothesis would be 'as scores obtained from the questionnaire increases, the level of anxiety will also increase.'
    You start every investigation with a hypothesis.

You don't do a pilot study, skip along and investigate anything right? Also, you hypothesis definitely wont be different after your pilot study.

The person I replied to in the comment you quoted posted the question stem up so I suggest you read it again.

Regardless, let's look at your answer and identify the IV and DV:

"as scores obtained from the questionnaire increases, the level of anxiety will also increase"

DV: level of anxiety (operationalised as questionnaire score)
    IV: ??????? (anxiety course or not)

You're basically saying: "as anxiety scores increase, the level of anxiety will also increase"

Whatever though, take from this what you will. Psychology is over, hope I do well enough to never see it again.

ReputationRep:
    So, was I the only one who made up fake studies for evaluation? o.O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sukhraj7)

Your not alone, thats exactly what i thought too. It kinda confused me. Does anyone think we would still get a mark for operationalising the DV?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the answers were supposed to to be for the 5 marker on the consent form? What did we have to include?

ReputationRep:
    For the question of assessing the internal validity i put face validity and content validity and explained them both? Would i get marks for this? I think it was a 2 mark question

ReputationRep:
    Since you can't get marked down for redundancy...let's say for "how to ensure the validity of the questionnaire" you mentioned face validity but among it you mentioned also test-retest and other ******** stupid things...can you still get marks? I'd find it bizarre cause it's like asking :

2+2= ? And you say 3,4,5,8,11

Anyone gets me lol?
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Sheep21)
    I didn't realise you have to outline ONE biological approach to initiation of smoking I wrote genetics and pre-natal exposure. Will I lose marks even if i wrote 4 marks worth on genetics?
    Is Psychology positivist marking where they keep marking until they find a point that gets you marks or do they stop right after the first?

ReputationRep:
    For the question where you had to sketch the graph..

How many marks out of 4 will I get if I only forgot to label the Y axis but labelled the experimental and control group with 2 bars in each group (4 bars overall) representing the median and range of each accurately on the X axis?

Also was there any need for a title? As I asked my teacher and he said they do not award marks for a title unless asked for directly in the question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackwarren100)
    For the question where you had to sketch the graph..

How many marks out of 4 will I get if I only forgot to label the Y axis but labelled the experimental and control group with 2 bars in each group (4 bars overall) representing the median and range of each accurately on the X axis?

Also was there any need for a title? As I asked my teacher and he said they do not award marks for a title unless asked for directly in the question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've just realised the 'small scale' investigation WAS the 6 week programme.

ReputationRep:
    Feel like everyone's overcomplicating the directional hypothesis question :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saran12)
    What did you guys put for the statistical test ? I put Whitney - Mann instead of mann Whitney lol. Will i lose marks ?

I put Mann Whitney and it depends but hopefully not lol

ReputationRep:
    omg I think I did the psychological intervention question wrong omggggg

ReputationRep:
    I thought that public health was part of psychology interventions omggg I want to fall down and cry right now

ReputationRep:
    So this has been haunting me all night: for the question asking why random allocation of participants was used I had a mind blank and just wrote: to avoid researched bias/investigator effects e.g. this would avoid the researchers (unconsciously) picking all the individuals with higher anxiety scores to take part in the programme because they think that they are more likely to have at least some decrease in anxiety scores so it will make the programme seem effective. Therefore this would avoid invalid results.

Is that even a point?! Will I get any marks? When I got home I realised I should have just put to reduce the effect of participant variables...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fastandfurious)
    Feel like everyone's overcomplicating the directional hypothesis question :\
    I definitely did. Made thr whole thing up. Can't believe i couldn't even do the FIRST question - it's meant to be the easiest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by htothea)
    So this has been haunting me all night: for the question asking why random allocation of participants was used I had a mind blank and just wrote: to avoid researched bias/investigator effects e.g. this would avoid the researchers (unconsciously) picking all the individuals with higher anxiety scores to take part in the programme because they think that they are more likely to have at least some decrease in anxiety scores so it will make the programme seem effective. Therefore this would avoid invalid results.

Is that even a point?! Will I get any marks? When I got home I realised I should have just put to reduce the effect of participant variables...
    I wrote about investigator effects/bias in order to! You will get credited and from what I have read you could get full marks because the explanation is very good. If you put to reduce the effect of participant variables then I don't believe you would be credited because that's not what random sampling helps to prevent.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.