Maths Uni Chat Watch

v-zero
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ooooh. It turns out I have a MAPLE test tomorrow that counts as 33% of my mark for Computational Maths. Joy!
Floating-point integers and all that guff...
around
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just had the worst supervision ever: it was with my DoS and he told me my answers were weak :<. I need to do a lot more work it seems, but the problem is my next examples sheet in is vectors and matrices and I hate hate hate that stuff.

:< :< :<
Glutamic Acid
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by around)
Just had the worst supervision ever: it was with my DoS and he told me my answers were weak :<. I need to do a lot more work it seems, but the problem is my next examples sheet in is vectors and matrices and I hate hate hate that stuff.

That's awful. :sad: :hugs:
Edenr
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Dude, don't let it get you down :hugs:
elsa_89
Report 9 years ago
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
My Alt
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

That was a horrible sheet, just had my supervision on it today, and the other bloke was just sitting there bored while the supervisor first went over the parts of questions I couldn't do (and one whole question) and then over the bots of the other questions I could have done better / quicker / quieter / with more flair etc...
around
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by My Alt)
That was a horrible sheet, just had my supervision on it today, and the other bloke was just sitting there bored while the supervisor first went over the parts of questions I couldn't do (and one whole question) and then over the bots of the other questions I could have done better / quicker / quieter / with more flair etc...
Which sheet was it? I suspect we have supervisions at different times due to being at different colleges...

(fyi i screwed up groups which i actually really like and enjoy doing)
My Alt
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Which sheet was it? I suspect we have supervisions at different times due to being at different colleges...

(fyi i screwed up groups which i actually really like and enjoy doing)
Do you mean V+M Examples sheet 1? Or did you get set other material? I had my supervision for that first examples sheet today, on the other hand, I don't have to hand that Groups sheet 1 in for another 2 weeks.

I'm really enjoying the applied stuff for now, especially differential equations (as the lecturer is excellent), the Pure stuff is ok, but I'm finding it a bit dry atm.
around
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I love the DE guy as well, he's great.

and how can you find groups dry, the lecturer is awesome but impossible to follow.
My Alt
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The lecturer is awesome, the material, not so much, heh
sonofdot
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by My Alt)
The lecturer is awesome, the material, not so much, heh
I've found groups the most interesting course so far (and not just because of the awesome lecturer, who you should have seen at matric dinner last night...) :yep:
SimonM
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Saxl is not awesome. He mixes notation, has awful handwriting for boards and teaches groups in a strange order. He's battering a perfectly awesome subject. (And that was only in one lecture. I couldn't take any more abuse)
Swayum
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Can't be bothered with stats homework :nn:
DFranklin
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SimonM)
Saxl is not awesome. He mixes notation, has awful handwriting for boards and teaches groups in a strange order. He's battering a perfectly awesome subject. (And that was only in one lecture. I couldn't take any more abuse)
Sounds uncannily like the fields medallist who lectured it when I did IA...

Spoiler:
Show
Who definitely had 'awful handwriting for boards', albeit probably quite nice handwriting if you wanted to fit the entire proof that all groups of odd order are soluble onto a single sheet of A4 paper.

As for strange order: Well, at the point I stopped going (~16 lectures into a 24 lecture course), I don't think he'd actually defined what a group was yet.

I don't remember what he did about notation, but as it was pretty much impossible to read what he wrote, I'm not sure it matters.
sonofdot
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was looking at his boards today from the back, and his handwriting seemed perfectly legible to me :p:
My Alt
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sonofdot)
I was looking at his boards today from the back, and his handwriting seemed perfectly legible to me :p:
Yeah, but you would be biased. Roll on 1B methods.
v-zero
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
**** the bed, I've been asked to write a (two sides of A4) essay on the first three weeks of probability notes and lectures. What subject am I studying again?
majikthise
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Haha, I remember that homework. Don't think the markers bothered to read it thoroughly- all we got a was a tick and no discussion at all in the next tutorial!
Dadeyemi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
QFT

I already know most of the stuff we've done in groups but can't understand what he's doing sometimes.
Swayum
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by v-zero)
**** the bed, I've been asked to write a (two sides of A4) essay on the first three weeks of probability notes and lectures. What subject am I studying again?
Lol owned.

(*he says as he mentally prepares himself for drawing histograms by hand...*)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.86%
No - but I will (88)
7.52%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise