Sodemy/Homosexuality - natural or not Watch

bloopan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kreuzuerk)
Surely by that logic heterosexuality is also an environmental factor as you are suggesting that the one who remains heterosexual does so because he/she is not exposed to certain things within the environment but other things instead (i.e the 'right' school pupils etc...). So therefore the heterosexual child can also choose to be straight or not, according to you.
They can do, which is why you can also get people who are homosexual in their teens and then turn heterosexual, and vice versa. It IS an environmental facter but environmental facters can be CONTROLLED. A person can also CHOOSE to act on his impulses, and acting on his impulses will strengthen them. Take for example, some middle eastern countries, where homosexuality is seen as evil. Because these countries dont allow you to act on your impulses, your homosexual impulses decrease. Only the mind can allow it to continue, and being in an environment that looks down on such acts, makes you look down on such acts.
bloopan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mahyor)
It exists in nature. Therefore it is natural.

Evidence?

Evidence?

Evidence?

Actually, twin studies show that identical twins are far more likely to both be gay than non-identical twins. This strongly suggests that there must be a genetic element to sexual orientation.

1 - Who says that every man will become gay?

2 - The human race would not necessarily go extinct if everyone was gay.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1160065/posts

http://www.narth.com/docs/istheregene.html

The fact that you CAN have (and their are many cases) of identical and non identical twins where one is homosexual and the other is heterosexual, is factual evidence that homosexuality is not genetic, but either an environmental or a mental disorder, because identical twins share the same genes. Yes obviously their are cases where both twins become gay, but if it was genetic then it would affect BOTH twins, as apposed to just one.

I also heard that artificial flavourings are natural. They occur in nature, as EVERYTHING on this planet does, you just need to extract or take it out. A fruit pie exists in nature, just in different places, you need to put it together. The fact that homosexuality occurs in other animals does not mean it is natural. We are, if you have forgotten, animals too.

It is not inherited, because the studies with twins shows that it is not genetic which, if you have any knowledge of human biology, means that it is not inherited.

It is a phsyicological, mental condition (see above links). If something is not genetic, then it is environmental which then affects your mentality.

Who says that every human male will become gay? Who says that global warming will happen? Do these hippies have a crystel ball? No, they look at trends. The carbon in the atmosphere is increasing. Well, it only takes a weed smoking hippie to know that if it keeps increasing, then we are in trouble. If homosexuality is allowed in society, more and more people will become homosexual. Why do you think that their are so little homosexuals in parts of africa or in muslim countrys, where it is a sin? Why is it waaaaaay less than in the UK, Europe or the US?

The human race would most likely go extinct if everybody went gay. Do you think the governments would spend billions of £'s on making testtube babies, or do you think that every women would start to self impregnate themselves for the rest of the the time that the human race survives on this planet?
bloopan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by speedbird)
its a phsicological thing, which happens to people who grow up without male figures (most of the time).
How clever of you. Mummy must be really proud. Decades of research have been inconclusive, but obviously you know better.

Hundreds of studies have been done on genetically and non genetically identical twins, where one of them turns out gay and the other doesnt. If it was genetic then it would affect both, but it is not genetic hence why one gay and the other turns out straight.
When one identical twin is a gay man, the other twin is gay up to 70% of the time.

If every man in the world became gay, the human race would not survive (obviously).
This is a pathetic argument in my opinion, and is based on two fallacies: Appeal to consequences and the slippery slope.

People say that homosexuality runs in the genese of families "yh, my uncle is gay and my brother is gay, so i may have the gay gene" but because it may be accepted in their home then this may mean that it is encouraged, therefore the person becomes confused.
How exactly do you 'encourage' homosexuality?. . .
Well if you have any clue about human biology, you would know that identical twins share the same genes. If one is gay, then the other HAS to be gay, otherwise it is not genetic. If one has blonde hair, the other HAS to (and always does) Have the same colour hair because it is GENETIC i.e in the genes.

You can encourage homosexuality by telling people "Oh yes it is ok to be gay we will still like you we wont single you out" so it is a great way to get attention.
speedbird
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bloopan)
Well if you have any clue about human biology, you would know that identical twins share the same genes. If one is gay, then the other HAS to be gay, otherwise it is not genetic. If one has blonde hair, the other HAS to (and always does) Have the same colour hair because it is GENETIC i.e in the genes.
This is a false dichotomy. Ever heard about genetic predisposition? 70% is much higher than you would expect if genes played no part whatsoever.

You can encourage homosexuality by telling people "Oh yes it is ok to be gay we will still like you we wont single you out" so it is a great way to get attention.
False. This is called tolerance. It can actually help reduce the social stigma associated with homosexuality. Again, sexual orientation cannot be changed.
. . .
Mahyor
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The fact that you can have (and their are many cases) of identical and non identical twins where one is homosexual and the other is heterosexual, is factual evidence that homosexuality is not genetic, but either an environmental or a mental disorder
Honestly, you don't know **** about science lol.

1 - haven't you heard of genetic epidemology? It is the study of the interaction of genes and the environement. It explains how some identical twins have startling differences.

2 - genes are not the only way something can be inherited. What about exposure to hormones during pregnancy?

The fact that homosexuality occurs in other animals does not mean it is natural.
Yes, it does mean that it is natural.

Though, even if it wasn't natural, what is it to you? Since when does something being natural mean that it is good? Computers, aeroplanes, heart transplants, french kissing, office work and so on aren't natural, yet I don't see you arguing that those things are somehow wrong and ought to be avoided.

f homosexuality is allowed in society, more and more people will become homosexual.
Evidence?

Why do you think that their are so little homosexuals in parts of africa or in muslim countrys, where it is a sin? Why is it waaaaaay less than in the UK, Europe or the US?
Correlation does not imply causation. You are incredibly stupid if you don't know this yet.

How do you that there are 'so little' homosexualits in Africa and the 'Muslim world'? It is undoubtedly true that there are fewer openly gay people in those parts of the world, but perhaps if those parts of the world weren't so homophobic, more gay people would come out instead of suppressing their real feelings and conforming to their social enforced roles.

The human race would most likely go extinct if everybody went gay.
You have provided absolutely no evidence whatsoever in support of the possibility that everyone will become gay.

Also, will you explaint to me why are you so concerned about the fate of the human race? I mean, who the **** do you think you are? If the human race goes extinct, it goes extinct. Why are you so concerned? Perhaps tomorrow a big meteor will hit the earth and kill of humans the way it brought about the extinction of the dinosaurs millions of years before we humans evolved to our current state.
tinywings
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Seriously, who cares if it's 'natural' or not. People need to learn to mind their own bloody business. If you don't like the idea of gay sex, then DON'T HAVE IT.
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They can do, which is why you can also get people who are homosexual in their teens and then turn heterosexual, and vice versa. It IS an environmental facter but environmental facters can be CONTROLLED. A person can also CHOOSE to act on his impulses, and acting on his impulses will strengthen them. Take for example, some middle eastern countries, where homosexuality is seen as evil. Because these countries dont allow you to act on your impulses, your homosexual impulses decrease. Only the mind can allow it to continue, and being in an environment that looks down on such acts, makes you look down on such acts.
What gives you such authority to say whether is should be 'controlled' or not? Their actions affect no one other than themselves.
Doodahdoo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why do you think that their are so little homosexuals in parts of africa or in muslim countrys, where it is a sin? Why is it waaaaaay less than in the UK, Europe or the US?
:facepalm2:
dan_dan_dan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
"god made adam and Eve, not adam and Steve", which is true. Which is why most gays are not religious, because most religions are against homosexuality.

1) god making adam and eve is a story from long, long, long ago, it is now the year 2010, times have most definitely changed

2) priests sodomising young boys, yeah because that's not homosexual.

basically, you have quite a childish argument, saying why should you put a certain something where excrement comes from, i'm pretty sure it's not just homosexuals who do that, and also saying they are at risk from awful diseases, they are no more prone than anyone else. end of.
heyhey922
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tlr1)
peace
idk how you manage to put that after what you just said
DMV
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Monozygotic twins can have different eyecolour, to the tune of around 1% (so 1/100 pairs). The only constant in mz twins in blood type.
oh and MZ are identical.
Lord Hysteria
Badges: 16
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dan_dan_dan)
"god made adam and Eve, not adam and Steve", which is true. Which is why most gays are not religious, because most religions are against homosexuality.

1) god making adam and eve is a story from long, long, long ago, it is now the year 2010, times have most definitely changed

2) priests sodomising young boys, yeah because that's not homosexual.

basically, you have quite a childish argument, saying why should you put a certain something where excrement comes from, i'm pretty sure it's not just homosexuals who do that, and also saying they are at risk from awful diseases, they are no more prone than anyone else. end of.
I think they like it because it sort of rhymes.
dan_dan_dan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't think there has been one time when House wasn't right, quality image.
bloopan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well, everybody who is FOR homosexuality, go and have butt sex...enjoy!!!
Oldernotwiser
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well, everybody who is FOR homosexuality, go and have butt sex...enjoy!!!
Getting smelly poop on my member doesnt appeal to me.
mushy786
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
[QUOTE=Planto]There is no such thing as an "exit" or "entry" hole. What are you, 5?

Why isnt there a dfference? You s*** out of your anus (exit)!!!!! You dont urinate out of you vagina (i.e.entry). When you have anul sex you gotta be really careful and not go to another hole in case of infection....!!!
qasman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by howdypartner21)
Im doing the same, turns out though you cannot say you dont agree with sodomy because that means your a homophobic lol.
homophobic = prejudiced against homosexual people.

not agreeing with sodomy is something different
Kerny
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There are millions of gay people and animals. The 'being gay is unnatural' argument is just a lazy (and imo incorrect) argument some people use to try and bash gay people. Most gay people, like most straight people, are just normal people.
Or at least normal except they have to take so much **** from people who think sexuality determines how superior you are. Homophobia is something that stirs up such hate for no good reason.

OP: you're a ******* idiot.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
"we have 'in' holes (mouth) and 'out' holes (anus) and we shouldnt get them mixed up. Why put something into a place where excrement comes out of"
As opposed to the vagina? This is a naturalistic fallacy and infers that we were 'designed' with these specifications in mind. Furthermore, being attracted to the same sex isn't just about the act of sex itself.

And what about lesbians? Would you argue that this was also unnatural then?

and also "god made adam and Eve, not adam and Steve", which is true. Which is why most gays are not religious, because most religions are against homosexuality.
Whilst there is strong stigma from many religious people, it may surprise you that many Christian denominations now actually accept homosexuality (officially), including the Catholic church.

Also, if a gay couple amrried and adopted, that child is going to probably sway to feeling gay, and he defo wont have a normal childhood.
This is absolutely insane. They would sway to feeling gay? Do you have any evidence to back this up? Because I don't know of any which correlates to your beliefs. Your comment about them having a 'normal childhood' is also misguided - it may not be 'normal' in the sense that it is not the traditional nuclear family, but that doesn't mean that the child will be any worse off or less loved.

I was given the argument that we have receptors in our anus and therefore its only logical that we enjoy stuff getting put in our anus, which acually sickens me. Its not even an argument. I am sure we do have reseptors there, doesnt mean people should insert something up their!
This isn't even an argument, just an opinion.

I think that whenever someone says they dont think sodemy is natural or right, they are labeled homophobic, i have nothing against sodomites, they can do what they want i am more than happy with that, but I do not think its right and I do not think its natural and i think there is nothing wrong in saying that at all.
There is nothing wrong with freedom of speech, but what you are saying is either opinion or misguided naturalistic fallacies.

I was thinking about it more and a lot of my gay friends are either loners and/or over think things way to much and so I think that there reason for having no friends is because they are different (gay) or they thoughtt hemselves to believe that, because when he was on the bus saw another guy on the bus or somethign and therefore that person is gay (they analyse things way to much).
I think it could be you that is 'over-analysing' everything.

Another point I mentioned to him is that "gay" means happy and it was stolen to be used for Sodemy, to make it seem more normal, but there is nothing naturl about sodemy. It is even definined as "unnatural" sex
Are you being serious? Where is this definition?!
Prangers
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

The fact that you CAN have (and their are many cases) of identical and non identical twins where one is homosexual and the other is heterosexual, is factual evidence that homosexuality is not genetic, but either an environmental or a mental disorder.
Twins (even M/Z twins) are not actually genetically identical in most cases, just hugely similar. Different mutations can occur within each twin, which is why if one twin winds up having a hereditary disease, there is a chance the other does not have it. The same could be applied to any "gay genetics".

Personally, I believe that the deciding factor for whether someone is gay or not is not any kind of gene, but rather hormones and womb conditions.

I also heard that artificial flavourings are natural. They occur in nature, as EVERYTHING on this planet does, you just need to extract or take it out.
Everything occurs in nature? What about airplanes or glasses? I cannot think of many things more unnatural than a long haul flight.

The fact that homosexuality occurs in other animals does not mean it is natural. We are, if you have forgotten, animals too.
Exactly, so if homosexuality occurs in animals it will also occur with us - precisely because we ARE animals, just as you said.

It is a phsyicological, mental condition (see above links). If something is not genetic, then it is environmental which then affects your mentality.
Homosexuality is a mental condition as much as Heterosexuality is a mental condition. They are both just as natural as each other.

If homosexuality is allowed in society, more and more people will become homosexual. Why do you think that their are so little homosexuals in parts of africa or in muslim countrys, where it is a sin? Why is it waaaaaay less than in the UK, Europe or the US?
Firstly, you cannot BECOME gay, just as a gay person cannot BECOME straight. You are born with a predetermined and unchangeable sexuality, just like you are born with a predetermined and unchangeable eye colour.

As for why Africa and other such places have less gay people - it is precisely BECAUSE those places believe homosexuality is a sin. Think about it; if you were gay, and knew that you'd be punished for it, would you tell people? I know I wouldn't. Those places probably have about the same ratio of gay to straight people as the UK and US, we just don't know because a greater percentage of them never tell anybody.

The human race would most likely go extinct if everybody went gay.
This is ridiculous. Gay people don't have a spreadable "I'll make you gay" disease. As I have already said, you cannot change your sexuality. The majority of the population is straight and will always remain straight.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (36)
97.3%
No (1)
2.7%

Watched Threads