The European/World Football Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Valdes is not better than Reina even though he has improved significantly over the last few years.
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 8 years ago
Says the Liverpool fan. :teehee:
Cities
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Barça)
They do it again! The Thiago and Canales speciality :coma:

The funniest thing about this is that Poland knew it was coming, yet they were still helpless / hopeless against preventing it.
Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Queiroz has been sacked by Portugal.
cunningstunt87
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
About time. Good assistant, shocking manager
lauren--c
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Does anyone know if this ESPN free weekend thing will be available on freeview? I want to watch some Bundesliga without having to rely on streams but it looks like it might be sky/virgin only.
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Possible Real starting line up against Osasuna tomorrow:

Casillas

Ramos -- Pepe -- Carvalho -- Marcelo

Alonso -- Khedira

Ronaldo -- Canales -- Di Maria

Higuain
Barça
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hmmm, no Ozil again? Communication must be a real problem then.
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yep, Arbeloa mentioned that communication is still a bit of a problem with Khedira and Oezil. Mourinho said he's not going to mention his decision r.e Canales so there's definitely a possibility Oezil could start. I watched the game last fortnight and although Canales made a few good passes and touches, he couldn't really get into the game. Di Maria on the other hand was awful throughout, so I wouldn't be surprised if Pedro Leon is given an opportunity on the other wing. The other 9 are definite starters though.

Do you know what Barca's likely team is tomorrow?
Barça
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)
Yep, Arbeloa mentioned that communication is still a bit of a problem with Khedira and Oezil. Mourinho said he's not going to mention his decision r.e Canales so there's definitely a possibility Oezil could start. I watched the game last fortnight and although Canales made a few good passes and touches, he couldn't really get into the game. Di Maria on the other hand was awful throughout, so I wouldn't be surprised if Pedro Leon is given an opportunity on the other wing. The other 9 are definite starters though.

Do you know what Barca's likely team is tomorrow?
I'd like to see

Alves ----------- Pique ------------- Milito ------------ Abidal

------------------------- Mascherano

---------- Xavi -------------------------------- Iniesta

------------------------------ Messi

-------------Bojan ------------------------ Villa
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Anybody else heard about Serie A players looking to go on strike on the 25/26th of September?
IWantSomeMushu
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Really hope Ozil starts for Madrid, he looked good when he came on against Mallorca, whereas Di Maria was awful.
IWantSomeMushu
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Barça)
I'd like to see

Alves ----------- Pique ------------- Milito ------------ Abidal

------------------------- Mascherano

---------- Xavi -------------------------------- Iniesta

------------------------------ Messi

-------------Bojan ------------------------ Villa
Would Mascherano really start ahead of Busquets today? Especially since he is still getting used to Barcelona.
Barça
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by meskell)
Anybody else heard about Serie A players looking to go on strike on the 25/26th of September?
What's that all about?
Barça
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by sandeep90)
Would Mascherano really start ahead of Busquets today? Especially since he is still getting used to Barcelona.
It's just what I'd like to see, Pep probably will start Biscuits.
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 8 years ago
He might. I remember Chygrnsky was thrown in the line up when he arrived.
Charzhino
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by meskell)
Yeah twas on sky sports.

Serie A has been thrown into crisis after the players in Italy's top flight announced they will go on strike on the weekend of September 25-26.

The declaration was made by AC Milan captain Massimo Oddo on behalf of the Italian Players' Association (AIC), which was reacting to the Lega Calcio's position on collective contract renewal.

The statement read: "The AIC, in complete agreement with all the Serie A clubs, have decided that these teams will not go out on the pitch for the fifth round of games of Serie A on September 25-26 in order to oppose the (Lega Calcio's) request for the introduction of a new contractual regime."
They should shut up though and just get on with the game.
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hercules take a bobbled lead :eek:
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Anyone remember Noe Pamarot :awesome:
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Charzhino)
Yeah twas on sky sports.

They should shut up though and just get on with the game.
I dont blame the Serie A players for striking. Essentially Serie A want to force the players into an agreement whereby if they only have a year left in a contract they must:
- accept an offer from another club (if the club accepts the bid) if the contract offer is on similar terms to their current deal; or
- accept a contract extension with the current club.

Basically forces them into making a deal where they should have the freedom to run down their contract and move on.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed