Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Luceria)
      I live on the west coast of Norway, and it's now snowing for the first time this year! :awesome: I'm not the biggest fan of snow, but it's nice in December.

No idea how long it will last, snow isn't that common. But it's very cosy. It's about 1 C outside, but I think it's getting warmer.
      Is that only 1 Celsius here its like -1 Celsius :eek:

(Original post by Guvnor)
        Are there any prediction for any more snow for London ?
        Will be snow on the weekend I think :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by blueray)
        Is that only 1 Celsius here its like -1 Celsius :eek:
        I meant first time this winter,haha. Yes, 1 Celsius. -1 C ? Oh ,wow... What a big difference! Not, lol.

ReputationRep:
        I have a friend in Norway, I spoke to him a few days back he was telling me that the temperature at that time was around -17 :eek4:

(Original post by Luceria)
          I meant first time this winter,haha. Yes, 1 Celsius. -1 C ? Oh ,wow... What a big difference! Not, lol.
          To get snow you need to to be below 0oC (freezing point) don't know how you got snow at 1oC LOL

ReputationRep:
          All the snow's melting now I nearly got hit by an avalanche falling off a roof today.

ReputationRep:
          There's barely any snow left where I am, just the odd little patch here and there. But I got the train to London the other day and every field was still pure white. A lot of the platforms were still covered in snow/ice as well, it was weird as it's not really that far.

ReputationRep:
          There has barely been a flake here this whole bloody time. South coast FTL

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by (:Becca(:)
          I couldn't go to school today because of snow, there was a car crash at the roundabout near where I live and no traffic was moving.
          I hope we don't get another winter like last year. -_-
          It should stay like this for another say 3-4 years, which is good because it makes some epic ice climbing routes, but bad because the UK as a whole doesn't know how to deal with snow and ice and ends up in chaos.

It's part of the North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO), which occurs roughly every 20-30 years, and lasts for around 4-5 years. This is probably why your parents say, "We used to have snow like this all the time when we were kids" - it's because they did

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_A...9-10_in_Europe

ReputationRep:
          1 Britain can't cope with snow
          2 British snow is 9 out of 10 times is slush once you go a bit south...
          3 I hate snow in UK - I live 1 bus + 1 train + 1 20 min walk from college...
          Did you even see a real snow to say such things about it ...

some nostalgic for me photos....

Theirs no snow in london any more for ages now

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by Prof Fido)
            There has barely been a flake here this whole bloody time. South coast FTL
            I live on the south coast and whilst ours has mostly melted there was about 6 inches this time last week :yes:

(Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
              I live on the south coast and whilst ours has mostly melted there was about 6 inches this time last week :yes:
              Heard their will be snow next weekend

ReputationRep:
              (Original post by blueray)
              Heard their will be snow next weekend
              I don't trust the weatherman. We were meant to get snow everyday for a week, they finally say we won't an two days later we have more snow than we've had in 20 years and they didn't forecast it :p:

ReputationRep:
              Oh, i'm mad jealous. We had all the cold and yet no snow... FAIL

ReputationRep:
              Ugh, icy pavements suck

Still, all hail wellies, they work pretty damn well!

I don't trust the weatherman. We were meant to get snow everyday for a week, they finally say we won't an two days later we have more snow than we've had in 20 years and they didn't forecast it :p:
                Hello penguin! That moving avatar is so cool! I should give you rep just for that alone ps what country are you talking about is it the uk or us im getting confused? :eek:

ReputationRep:
                The winters on the west coast of Norway suck, haha.

That snow lasted for about 24 hours. It has all rained away now.

ReputationRep:
                All the snow has been washed away by rain in North East Scotland!- Hooray!! I couldn't be more happy!! - the first time that rainfall will be openly welcomed!! I can see grass and trees and the countryside landscape again!

Why the neg rep? Because I hate snow..... I am not the only one? Is someone out to get me?

Yes it will snow again soon next week !

Submit reply
                TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2011
              • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
                Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
                Useful resources
              • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
                Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.