Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davism)
    got an offer for Biomedical engineering!

Just wonder which one would u choose between Imperial (Biomedical Engineering) Vs. UCL (Mechanical Engineering)
    (
    Well are you a biomed type person, or are you more into mechanics? That is the question.

ReputationRep:
    Hey all lucky Imperial offerers !

I am From Cyprus and i am going to apply to Imperial. Will they askm for an interview?

Also, i right now have A*A*AB in maths,further maths,statistics, physics respectevily. WIll i get an uncoditional or will i get rejected ?
    Btw i will apply for Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neofytos)

I am From Cyprus and i am going to apply to Imperial. Will they askm for an interview?

Also, i right now have A*A*AB in maths,further maths,statistics, physics respectevily. WIll i get an uncoditional or will i get rejected ?
    Sorry but hasn't the deadline gone in January? Or are you applying for entry in 2012?

ReputationRep:

Hey bro. This should be in the Imperial Applicants thread

Secondly, no one knows how whether you will be rejected or accepted. If they feel you have achieved the grade, they'll give you an unconditional. But, they deal with every application on a case to case basis

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for physics! Woop woop.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSmokeMonster)
    Got an offer for physics! Woop woop.
    Yay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita_atikin)
    Sorry but hasn't the deadline gone in January? Or are you applying for entry in 2012?
    ye i am going to apply in 2012..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieGhoul)
    Hey bro. This should be in the Imperial Applicants thread

Secondly, no one knows how whether you will be rejected or accepted. If they feel you have achieved the grade, they'll give you an unconditional. But, they deal with every application on a case to case basis
    Ok thx and sorry
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Ok thx and sorry
    Run away before he makes you walk the plank.

ReputationRep:
    Oh man, Track just updated. They want 555 on AP Chem, Bio, and "test of choice".

...Makes me seriously question myself as to why I decided to self-teach Advanced Placement Chemistry...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clementiney921)
    Oh man, Track just updated. They want 555 on AP Chem, Bio, and "test of choice".

...Makes me seriously question myself as to why I decided to self-teach Advanced Placement Chemistry...
    Sorry, what's the 555 for? Something similar to IB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roblee)
    Sorry, what's the 555 for? Something similar to IB?
    Sorry, shoulda cleared that up.

I'm American...it's for AP (Advanced Placement) exams, which are graded out of 5. They're supposed to be equivalent to a 1st year course at an American uni, and therefore I guess equivalent to UK A-levels?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clementiney921)
    Sorry, shoulda cleared that up.

I'm American...it's for AP (Advanced Placement) exams, which are graded out of 5. They're supposed to be equivalent to a 1st year course at an American uni, and therefore I guess equivalent to UK A-levels?
    Ah awesome, no doubt you'll have no trouble with the exams then come to Imperial next year and amuse us all with your funny American accent

sorry if that sounds racist, it's not supposed to be but some people get tetchy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roblee)
    Ah awesome, no doubt you'll have no trouble with the exams then come to Imperial next year and amuse us all with your funny American accent

sorry if that sounds racist, it's not supposed to be but some people get tetchy
    Haha oh jeez I'm going to have to work awful hard then...anything to amuse you Brits.

And no worries, not "tetchy" at all. (that's an excellent word btw)

ReputationRep:
    Accepted for electrical engineering (conditional)!

I did not expect this!

ReputationRep:
    Just got a rejection for mechanical engineering..........
    I was informed by an email sent from the department of biomedical engineering :confused: saying: "We have recently been informed by the Registry at Imperial College London that your original application to the Department of your choice at Imperial has not been successful. Based on your background and interest, we have decided to contact you to offer you the possibility of being considered for our degree in Biomedical Engineering."
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oleahi)
    Just got a rejection for mechanical engineering..........
    I was informed by an email sent from the department of biomedical engineering :confused: saying: "We have recently been informed by the Registry at Imperial College London that your original application to the Department of your choice at Imperial has not been successful. Based on your background and interest, we have decided to contact you to offer you the possibility of being considered for our degree in Biomedical Engineering."
    Well it's nice that they might offer you something else then! Would you consider doing Biomedical Engineering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zottula)
    Well it's nice that they might offer you something else then! Would you consider doing Biomedical Engineering?
    Yeah I do..! I did accept it but I am a bit worried as my personal statement does not include anything about my enthusiasm in the human technology, biology, etc...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oleahi)
    Yeah I do..! I did accept it but I am a bit worried as my personal statement does not include anything about my enthusiasm in the human technology, biology, etc...
    Yeah well chill because they know that's not what you initially applied for so I'm sure they'll take that into account. Just keep your fingers crossed and see how it works out.

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer to study physics at imperial next year Just wondering who will be in my class and what accomodation will you be going for?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.