The Student Room Group

TSR Pagan Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DeathGuardElite
1. wrong thread
2. if you used your brain you'd know the difference
3. Hinduism has multiple gods that does not make it pagan But the Hindu multiple god idea is still of one god but with multiple avatars
4. the term pagan means country dweller its actually a term we've ended up taking off the Christians so it no longer is an insult

What's the right thread?
I didn't want a biased answer :tongue:

I didn't know "pagans" existed anyway.:eek:
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
What's the right thread?
I didn't want a biased answer :tongue:

I didn't know "pagans" existed anyway.:eek:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=34433283

XD but you're gonna get the same response tbh.
I am currently i think the only one online so.
you posted it to pagans you will get what you claim a biased answer to think otherwise is rather well foolish Hinduism and Paganism are different but if they are the same so is Paganism to Islam same with Paganism to Christianity.
Pagans do exist to think otherwise is a bit silly :P
Neo-Pagan revivals and other stuff.
Germanic Paganism on the rise in three forms one is Astaru and then we have the Saxon Germanic Paganism which is far harder to follow a a lot of info is missing.
Nova Roma and Hellenic Revival the Roman and Greek gods are back.
Nova Roma means New Rome btw
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=34433283

XD but you're gonna get the same response tbh.
I am currently i think the only one online so.
you posted it to pagans you will get what you claim a biased answer to think otherwise is rather well foolish Hinduism and Paganism are different but if they are the same so is Paganism to Islam same with Paganism to Christianity.
Pagans do exist to think otherwise is a bit silly :P
Neo-Pagan revivals and other stuff.
Germanic Paganism on the rise in three forms one is Astaru and then we have the Saxon Germanic Paganism which is far harder to follow a a lot of info is missing.
Nova Roma and Hellenic Revival the Roman and Greek gods are back.
Nova Roma means New Rome btw

Sounds more like fairy tales.
:wink:
Sounds more like fairy tales.
:wink:

Same can be said for Islam Christianity Judaism and Hinduism.
Same can be said for Islam Christianity Judaism and Hinduism.

You know fairy tales? There are so many versions of 1 tale....but like paganism I would say :tongue:
You know fairy tales? There are so many versions of 1 tale....but like paganism I would say :tongue:

Look this is not for you to question your own god against Paganism in fact i think they'd like it if you did not and stayed away if that is what you desire this is solely to keep the peace if you are here to cause an argument I'd advise you stay out.
This is me being kind on this issue.
Look this is not for you to question your own god against Paganism in fact i think they'd like it if you did not and stayed away if that is what you desire this is solely to keep the peace if you are here to cause an argument I'd advise you stay out.
This is me being kind on this issue.

Okay :smile:
Okay :smile:

I mainly represent Magic and Satanism so if you have any questions on them i could answer them far easier.
I mainly represent Magic and Satanism so if you have any questions on them i could answer them far easier.

Wtf.
Satanism?

They call Islam Satan's creation but here you believe Satanism...wtf is good about it?
Wtf.
Satanism?

They call Islam Satan's creation but here you believe Satanism...wtf is good about it?

yes Satanism

By they i hope you mean Christians.
I belong to a sect of it called Demonolotary it means i work with Demons and its not even my main group i belong to but because i am part of it i prefer to say i am a Satanist.

there are two forms of satanism and even then there are four versions in it the two forms there are in one 10 sects and in the other 2.

Atheistic Satanism
Levyan Satanism
Independent Satanists(Mainly atheistic)
Theistic Satanism
Setians
Baal(Beelzebub)
Demonolotary
Independent Satanists(Theistic Kind)
etc etc
Reply 630
Wtf.
Satanism?

Haha I think you mean... the CHRISTIANS call Islam Satan's creation haha... There's lots of cool stuff if satanism,: It's interesting and mind expanding, it encourages experimentation and self valuation, and if it fits with your values, why not? Don't knock it til u try it :smile:

As a response to one of your previous posts as to whether pagans exist... well... here we are :tongue: And we are just like everybody else just for the record haha... we do not sacrifice bunnies on stone altars on halloween while summoning the beast etc...
Original post by Bexsqueak
Haha I think you mean... the CHRISTIANS call Islam Satan's creation haha... There's lots of cool stuff if satanism,: It's interesting and mind expanding, it encourages experimentation and self valuation, and if it fits with your values, why not? Don't knock it til u try it :smile:

As a response to one of your previous posts as to whether pagans exist... well... here we are :tongue: And we are just like everybody else just for the record haha... we do not sacrifice bunnies on stone altars on halloween while summoning the beast etc...

What about your Gods?
What God do you believe in?

I will never touch Satanism ever (for the record). Satanism is banned even for the good, for the bad, for whatever.
Hi, I'm pretty ignorant of the different types of modern British paganism so please bare with me. I'm going to write about Neo-Druidsm.

I believe many modern pagans describe themselves as 'Druids' or similar such ideas like 'Bards' etc. I find this odd because Druidism is an Iron Age religion whereby our only solid historical sources comes from classical writers. We know very little about them with any certainty. The only thing we can say for sure is that they were very powerful, apparently being able to stop battles between warring tribes by just their say so.

It is also highly likely that they committed human sacrifice. Remains such as the Lindow Man in Cheshire show evidence of ritual sacrifice and then being deposited in watery areas. Now, I don't pass judgement on these people. They were doing what they thought was best for their children by appeasing the Gods etc. It's also increasingly clear that the 'victims' were compliant with it and appear to have been fed a good diet. I don't class it as murder or anything of the sort. However, knowing what we know today, that the climate influences crops through a variety of factors, not Gods, is it right to look at that religion for guidance? They were good people, but wrong.

'Druids' and other New Age pagans often congregate around stone circles. Avebury, Stonehenge, Castlerigg etc. This is hopelessly wrong, historically. Castlerigg was built ~3,300-3,200BC in the Neolithic. The Bronze Age came afterwards then the Iron Age with Druids in ~800BC. That is 2500 years out of date. We're closer to Caesar's time then Druids were to when the early stone circles were built. That's not to mention the different cultures such as the Bell Beaker culture which came and went between the Neolithic and Iron Age. There was no overall continuation of religion. Yet somehow people following idealistic Victorian ideas about Iron Age Druids continue to base their rituals around stone circles from 2500 years too early. It's the equivalent of us seeing 500bc sacred sites as being Christian churches. We find little to no evidence of activity at Neolithic and Bronze Age Megalithic monuments (stone circles, long barrows, standing stones etc) in the Iron Age.

I'm sorry if you don't follow this Druidism type stuff. I'm just putting this out there for people who do. I've taken the time to learn British Prehistory and many Neo-Druids decide not to learn it and just dance around humming to themselves while professing to be experts in what 'the stones say to us through nature'.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 633
What about your Gods?
What God do you believe in?

I will never touch Satanism ever (for the record). Satanism is banned even for the good, for the bad, for whatever.

That's fine. Different people are comfortable with different things. :smile: Personally, I believe in a Goddess and a God, though I put the Goddess first. However, lots of people just have a goddess, or just have a god, or have a whole freakin pantheon such as the greek, roman, or celtic gods. again, this is personally, but I believe all the gods and goddesses symbolised in said pantheons just stand for different aspects of the goddess and god that I believe in. :smile: I also believe in things like astral travelm crystals, atlantis/lemuria etc haha... Oh dear I sound a bit weird :tongue:
Original post by Bexsqueak
That's fine. Different people are comfortable with different things. :smile: Personally, I believe in a Goddess and a God, though I put the Goddess first. However, lots of people just have a goddess, or just have a god, or have a whole freakin pantheon such as the greek, roman, or celtic gods. again, this is personally, but I believe all the gods and goddesses symbolised in said pantheons just stand for different aspects of the goddess and god that I believe in. :smile: I also believe in things like astral travelm crystals, atlantis/lemuria etc haha... Oh dear I sound a bit weird :tongue:

Do you have some sort of scripture or holy book? Were these Gods at one time people?
What makes you believe in what you believe?
Reply 635
Do you have some sort of scripture or holy book? Were these Gods at one time people?
What makes you believe in what you believe?

See the post I just quoted u for on 'ask a pagan' thread
A video is atm in the planning stage but i will be releasing 5 next month just thinking of topics is a bit hard XD.
A video is atm in the planning stage but i will be releasing 5 next month just thinking of topics is a bit hard XD.

What video, man?
What video, man?

probs a video on the book of shadows then a maybe a video on what people would call Satanism then idk.
probs a video on the book of shadows then a maybe a video on what people would call Satanism then idk.

That's cool!
Please quote me, please, when you upload them :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending